Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by gremlin »

Having high hopes for a beer, only to find it's like making love in a canoe....fucking close to water. :obscene-drinkingcheers: :thumbdown:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Jody wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 2:19 pm
Pirahna wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:06 am Going out to eat with my sister and nephew and walking past some very nice restaurants because nephew only eats chicken nuggets when he's out. He's nearly 18 FFS.

On the subject of fussy eaters, wife's vegan brother and his wife will be visiting in October. The food here is excellent, anything you want is locally produced but is it vegan? I'd rather eat this heavily processed crap of unknown origin along with these supplements because my diet is so bad I can't get anywhere near enough nutrients to survive. I fucking hate vegans.
One of the (many) things that I don't understand about parents. Why do they let fussy eating develop? and it must develop, kids don't just wake up one day as fussy eaters??

I recall several years ago my at my friends house, with their new baby just a few weeks old. He wouldn't eat the savory baby food jar they'd just opened and the mothers response was " Give him one of the dessert jars instead ".

A childcare manager once told me " I don't eat anything green ". I resisted the urge to reply "being as you are a manager, with many inexperienced young staff looking up to you, don't you think it's time you grew out of such a ridiculous standpoint". Although I wish I had as over the coming weeks more and more childcare staff decided that they too had a dietary 'condition' which could not be broken.
Outside influences come into play. I don't eat McDonalds or anything like it, so my kids never had it. Same as drinks like Coke, pepsi etc, I never drink them so my kids never had them either. Then they went to school and they get invited to McBirthday parties and the seed is sown and slowly but surely, their palate is changed. :thumbdown: .
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Many years ago my teenage daughter had a vegetarian phase. So we all ate as normal, except she just got potatoes and extra veg.

After a week or so we took her out to dinner, to a restaurant that offered a vegetarian option. After a bit of a pause she chose a steak, and we heard no more about being a vegetarian.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

My 14 year-old nephew, who is a really nice kid, quietly reminded me that he doesn't go back to school for a week or so and has two weeks off in October, so if we wanted to do a little bike trip, he was available.

I'd forgotten I had offered. I now feel a complete shit as it's gonna be really tricky to try and organise.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Having to spend twenty minutes on the phone to stop the auto renewal on my car insurance, while they try and sort out a discount only to still be £50 more than the cheapest quote.

Also, the cheapest quote is £890!!!!

(That is for two cars tho')
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:48 am Having to spend twenty minutes on the phone to stop the auto renewal on my car insurance, while they try and sort out a discount only to still be £50 more than the cheapest quote.

Get a Rangey and you can join the exclusive 4 figure club! :thumbup: :wtf:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Taipan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:35 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:48 am Having to spend twenty minutes on the phone to stop the auto renewal on my car insurance, while they try and sort out a discount only to still be £50 more than the cheapest quote.

I'm glad I put the wife off the Evoque and she went for the X2 instead.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:38 pm
Taipan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:35 pm

I'm glad I put the wife off the Evoque and she went for the X2 instead.
Good move I reckon. I got some strange looks when I picked mine up from being serviced and asked if they did Klarna! :? :lol:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

NHS Blood Donation Webshite, I'm O Neg and they are apparently really short of it. Log on, wait 30 minutes in the queue, register and the first appointment near me is 14 miles away and December the 4th!!! FFS.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:34 pm NHS Blood Donation Webshite, I'm O Neg and they are apparently really short of it. Log on, wait 30 minutes in the queue, register and the first appointment near me is 14 miles away and December the 4th!!! FFS.
I logged on not half an hour ago, prompted by a news article.

Same thing.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:34 pm NHS Blood Donation Webshite, I'm O Neg and they are apparently really short of it. Log on, wait 30 minutes in the queue, register and the first appointment near me is 14 miles away and December the 4th!!! FFS.
At least they'll take yours, eventually!!

I'm A negative (apparently useful?) but over here they won't accept mine as I might be a Mad Cow! I mean, it's a pretty good description, but I am pretty sure my kind of Mad Cow isn't actually catching!! :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I'm ONeg too. Like Nogs the Fronch don't want my dirty Breetesh (baby-saving!) special blood. I used to travel regulary to the UK on bizznizz so planned it in there in my downtime - managed to get up to over 50 donations! <proud>
I probably won't do it again. I take so many meds now I imagine my blood would curdle the recipient's body.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I always book mine immediately after giving blood, usually when I'm sat with the mandatory weak lemon drink and seabrooks (sic) crisps. It's the only way I can get a slot.

They do a lot of these blood shortage campaigns, but every session I go to is booked solid with people lining up outside. :?: In fact two sessions ago, people with bookings were being turned away!

Not 'ere though, O-neg "neo" blood. Front of the queue :D
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

I've got blood, bloody gallons of it flowing around me, no idea what type it is mind, and I've never donated.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

DefTrap wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:02 pm I'm ONeg too. Like Nogs the Fronch
That made me giggle

Nog the Frog :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:45 pm
DefTrap wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:02 pm I'm ONeg too. Like Nogs the Fronch
That made me giggle

Nog the Frog :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Hopefully in two or three years (well, probably three or four - got to sort out issues with my changed first name first :roll: !!)

Once the course is over I will have the required level of French needed for nationality, so will go for it :D :D

They still won't take the blood of a Mad Cow tho :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Used to do the blood donor bit, but they wont accept mine now, too many assorted drugs, the prescription sort.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I tried, but they asked too many personal questions...

Who's blood is this, where did you get it, why is it in a bucket?
David

Post by David »

MrLongbeard wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:19 pm I've got blood, bloody gallons of it flowing around me, no idea what type it is mind, and I've never donated.
I am not allowed to donate due to youthful indiscretions......
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Just chatting to my brother for the first time in a couple of months (ok, I thought we were both busy, but he's been ill and I've been going mad!)

HTF is it ok to leave someone who is ill, ok, not dying (luckily), but pretty bad, on a drip and no diagnosis; how is it ok to leave them sitting with the drip for 15 hours before managing to find a bed, but only for one night cos they needed the bed available for the weekend?? Apparently it was ok cos it was the Critical Decision Unit :roll: so at least the chairs ere more comfy than in A&E :roll: :roll: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

But please come back at 8am Monday so we can carry on working out whats wrong with you

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

WTF?? I mean, I know he would like to live here (not necessarily where I am, too much cold!) and I'd like him to be here. But having heard the story of the hospital visit, FFS, if only I could get them over here to live :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: