What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

Washed and waxed car. First time this year.

It's now pissing down. First time this year :(
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

When I found a place ot stay near the course, I had the bright idea of walking there and back each day.

In an ideal world it would be fab. But the only 'decent' shoes I have are heavy walking boots and we are required to wear trousers - I only have jeans. And today after the course I had to go to the supermarket and get some food for this evening. Only it's the opposite direction.

After almost an hour of walking, I arrived back at the hotel thinking was going to melt and/or die!!! :shock: :shock: It's Fing bastard hot in the afternoons - I was fooled cos the lovely instructor has the aircon on in the room we use!! :lol:

Soooo - tomorrow I'm riding the bike in. Sod getting fit, I need to get back here in a condition that makes study/revision possible - and I'll have to go to the supermarket each afternoon too!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

oh, and I'm learning (and probably forgetting) a lot of new words, outside the transport course :roll:

One of the guys decided I needed to be set up with another guy. All in good humour to start with. The comments coincided with a conversation about female English tourists/seasonaires and how they get pissed and pick a Frenchie to shag. (He isn't wrong, the young seasonaires do do that. I've never been a young seasonaire!)

So, was a funny conversation to start with, but one guy dragged it out all lunchtime, break, at the end of the day and even mentioned it in the class!!!! Even told me that it'll be fine if I just close my eyes :roll:

Guessing I'll be avoiding them all tomorrow (well, one in particular!) until they change the topic of conversation :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:23 pm oh, and I'm learning (and probably forgetting) a lot of new words, outside the transport course :roll:

One of the guys decided I needed to be set up with another guy. All in good humour to start with. The comments coincided with a conversation about female English tourists/seasonaires and how they get pissed and pick a Frenchie to shag. (He isn't wrong, the young seasonaires do do that. I've never been a young seasonaire!)

So, was a funny conversation to start with, but one guy dragged it out all lunchtime, break, at the end of the day and even mentioned it in the class!!!! Even told me that it'll be fine if I just close my eyes :roll:

Guessing I'll be avoiding them all tomorrow (well, one in particular!) until they change the topic of conversation :roll:
Do you know how to say "stop being a cunt" in French?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:39 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:23 pm oh, and I'm learning (and probably forgetting) a lot of new words, outside the transport course :roll:

Usually a swift kick in the bollox works.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Not yet - might learn that tonight!! What seriously pissed me off was that he's being a bit mean to the guy. It's tiresome to me, but what he said about the guy wasn't so nice.

So yes, might have to do some learning tonight (or use the app in the morning if he starts again!!)

Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:43 pm
Usually a swift kick in the bollox works.
I'm trying to avoid violence - mostly cos I think I'd get kicked off the course :o !!

Shame really as before this, the ringleader was the most fanciable on the course - and we have 11.5 weeks to go, and I will probably be getting a lift from him when the weather goes past being bikeable!! The more he behaved like this, the less fanciable he got!! :lol: (not that there was any chance, just a bit sad !!)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had my car serviced. Two years to the next fleecing now! :thumbup:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:06 pm Had my car serviced. Two years to the next fleecing now! :thumbup:
Must be the time of year.
MOT on the Beemer today, £54, front pads done by me this morning, £74, new tyre done this morning, £115 for a crap tyre as that’s all they had for now, road tax, £190, oil and filter to service it myself, £48, filled up, £65, £550 near as damn it.
Lucky I got a bonus this month!!
Mick
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just walked past the footy ground and a ball came over the big fence. Windy as fuck
Tried to kick it back. Oops.

It weighed like summat Stanley Matthews played with. Hurt me foot in flipflops

And bloody howling wind. Failed 4 times :obscene-birdiedoublered:

So walked 100 yards and kicked it over a gate
🤣
20240820_183310.jpg
20240820_183310.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 737 times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Did a lot more learning, the instructor is not particularly kind to a person with an actual registered disability and I was nearly sick in the class room!!

Gonna have an early night and get up early to do some revision cos my head is still not totally unspinning! :lol: :lol:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:59 am ImageIMG-20240813-WA0001 by steveweeks59, on Flickr

Oops.

Wasn't even on my head at the time
I spoke to Bell Helmets who said "Send it back and we'll send you a new one". They wanted to have a look to see what/why it broke.

As much as i like the helmet, i'm not sure I massively trust it now, so not sure i even want a new one. Likely option is to get it back and sell it on.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:18 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:59 am ImageIMG-20240813-WA0001 by steveweeks59, on Flickr

Oops.

Wasn't even on my head at the time
I spoke to Bell Helmets who said "Send it back and we'll send you a new one". They wanted to have a look to see what/why it broke.

As much as i like the helmet, i'm not sure I massively trust it now, so not sure i even want a new one. Likely option is to get it back and sell it on.
Spoken like a Yorkshiteman :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

After getting a message from the Steam Packet that tonight's boat from Liverpool won't sail due to yet another storm on top of all the chaos that's gone on this week I've rearranged my annual visit to the Isle of Man & now I'm going over in a fortnight,hopefully the rain will have temporarily stopped by then.No extra charges & better sailing times,got to look on the brightside,just need the weather now :thumbup:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

A week ago a friend went in for a boob o/h.Today I ran her back to BH* for a check up. When she was leaving the Dr gave her the old implants, she's not sure what to do with them.

* Beverly Hills, not Boob House.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Haven't done as much revision as I'd planned this weekend, but at least I got to chat with some friends, so definitely less stressed!! LOL

But, getting up extra early tomorrow to try and do a quick bit of revision then before heading to the school for 5.45 to do a bit of a test from 6am and then do some driving of an actual bus before lunch :D :D Woohooo :D :D

Sooo, really early night tonight, then an early finish tomorrow so will have the whole afternoon to do more revision for the test on Tuesday morning (that's a written test that I am slightly more confident about. I think!! LOL)

Night night :D
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

ta gueule or one of my favourites, j'en ai ras de cul
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Added a drag chute to the F350....

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Bit of filling, bit of sanding, bit of painting, to fix a previous bodge of a kitchen wall where when removing the skirting a large panel behind the radiator fell out.

Then a couple of coats of black satin metal paint on the kitchen radiator, then a rub down with wet and dry to get rid of all the runs, then another couple of coats. I might refit it tomorrow it it doesn't look total dog shit when it's dry.

Have you seen how much black radiators cost... not that I could find one 900x700 anyway?

Trip to Screwfix to purchase/replace the fill valve in the downstairs bog.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Transferred a load more stuff from the old shed to the new shed, prior to deciding what to do with said stuff.

Anyone need a dental plaster grinder?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I got to school a smidge early (we were told that the day starts at 6am and we should be 15 mins early, so I was there at 5.30! :roll: ). But, gates locked, no one around :shock: :shock: Some others arrived about 15 mins later, but the teacher arrived at 5.50 :o :o

Then, when we went to start the day in the bus, the battery was flat!! :lol: :lol: So the start of day learning some manoeuvres didn't happen remotely on time :lol: :lol:

Anyway, we did a very short bit of manoeuvring, including reversing around some markers :D

THEN - they actually let the FUF out on the road in a BUS!! (TBF, they don't know about the FUF!!). All went pretty well for a first time in a long bus. And considering the last time I drove a slightly shorter bus (the Bristol LHS) was over 30 years ago, I'm pretty happy with the day :D Well apart from the stupid early start!! LOL