Current Affairs closed until further notice.

What can the Admins do to help, any requests for changes, updates, etc.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Current Affairs closed until further notice.

Post by weeksy »

weeksy wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:56 pm So here we are, we've had discussions, debates and some toys thrown.
We then have me having to clean up threads and waste my time and effort.
The main protagonists wind their neck in for a day or two and it goes nuts again.

Now, I have plenty of thoughts on this and how it should be dealt with, but I was mistaken in the fact I thought "they're grown adults they'll sort it out" but it seems you won't.

So let's start with what you can't discuss currently and you all decide if you want to be part of the forum

1. Politics, elections, PMs, Presidents, US, UK, etc
2. The current riots and UK issues
3. Anything homophobic, transgender, etc
4. Anything 'news' related.

Simple enough?

People breaking the rules will be given 1 warning then a 48 hour ban.
After that you get a 2nd warning then 7 day ban.
You can guess the rest from there but it keeps extending.

Now I do want to say, I like and respect you guys massively, we've all been friends on forums for 20+ years, but I'll be honest, right now, right here, I really do t like some of you. You're actively destroying what I've built here and I'm still trying to build here. It's deeply saddening

The first question is likely to be "will it ever open again?"

Answer, maybe, probably. However it won't be until I'm back from holiday on the 20th if it is.

You're more than welcome to ask questions, raise discussion etc upon my decision and action in this thread. Feel free to be honest, but the decision stands whether you raise points or not. I've got an incredibly stressful time ahead this week for my holiday, I'm not letting this get in the way.

That's it, I'm done.
Just in case this needs pointing out again. Current affairs subjects etc are not currently allowed.

There's still a few potential discussions for when I get back from holiday, but that's not yet.
However I do have my own thoughts on how it's gone on here since the closure