What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Got back from my course yesterday early evening cos it's a bank holiday today.

Was back by about 6.30pm. Home, showered changed, fed (a little bit) and in my favourite bar by about 7.45 to meet a couple of mates! I'd primed one friend that I really NEEDED some fun downtime and RUM! But passed some other friends on the way back and they met me too. The first was knackered from work and when he realised I wouldn't be on my own, he didn't stay long! LOL But I still managed to have 4 rums :o :o (Not the uk style shot sized versions! :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

Luckily felt fine this morning so I've had coffee, been to the ceremony that is usually to remember the RAF munitions drop but today was also in memory of the 80th anniversary of the liberation of the Tarentasie Valley. Always makes me a bit emotional!

I'm back at my favourite cafe for more coffee, a quick chat with the lightweight mate and some homework! Heading home soon as have to do some highway code tests in French and it's a bit loud around here (cos, Bank Holiday!)

Roll on tomorrow evening when I only have a weekend of homework and no actual classes! :lol: :lol:

Oh, and I made spring rolls for the freezer :D Nice easy meal those are :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Couple of hours ago waved goodbye to BIL and family. OK guys but now I get the house back.

But the poor fucker lands at Gatwick at 1:30. Then drive family to Marlow.
Then he hotfoots it up to Oulton Park for practice tmrw. He's racing Saturday

He reckons on 2 hours sleep, max. After he's put the tent up at 5 in the morning
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ImageIMG_20240816_102332 by steveweeks59, on Flickr

Ebike to top of Avoriaz. 12km at 7% is still not that easy on an Eeb lol
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Couldn't you afford the lift?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Raced the wife back down.

Caught and passed an Alpine, Porsche and a Skoda as well as a van

Wife got caught in traffic, I was back in the apartment with a beer by the time she rocked up.

14km to apartment, easy win
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

It was last night; I was sitting in a straw roofed bar, sipping a mojito. It was one of those warm balmy nights with no breeze at all. My linen clothing was clinging to my perspiring body but the single, wobbling, fan above me was gently blowing away my heat and cooling me. I felt like a character from a Hemingway novel. Apparently I just looked like a fat sweaty tourist…🫤
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:56 am It was last night; I was sitting in a straw roofed bar, sipping a mojito. It was one of those warm balmy nights with no breeze at all. My linen clothing was clinging to my perspiring body but the single, wobbling, fan above me was gently blowing away my heat and cooling me. I felt like a character from a Hemingway novel. Apparently I just looked like a fat sweaty tourist…🫤
I too, suffer with delusions of adequacy. :(

Anyway, was the 'Spoons busy in Billericay? ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:11 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:56 am It was last night; I was sitting in a straw roofed bar, sipping a mojito. It was one of those warm balmy nights with no breeze at all. My linen clothing was clinging to my perspiring body but the single, wobbling, fan above me was gently blowing away my heat and cooling me. I felt like a character from a Hemingway novel. Apparently I just looked like a fat sweaty tourist…🫤
I too, suffer with delusions of adequacy. :(

Anyway, was the 'Spoons busy in Billericay? ;)

Good grub in there but my local Harvester always edges it with their free salad bar and Red Devil sauce?😍
cheb

Post by cheb »

Genuine lol at that.

Sadly I have no illusions as to how uninspiring I usually look.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Left very slightly later than I should hvae this morning. No problem to get to the course, but I wanted to get a coffee on the way! LOL Soooo, rode a bit faster than I should have done, but all good and I did have time to get a decent coffee :D :D

OMG this course is going to kill me! Bloody hope I do actually pass it as it's gonna take some serious effort and I'll be very peeved to fail any of it (although that is pretty likely given it's a foreign language :roll: :roll: )

First attempt in the simulator today - awful close to throwing up! LOL Bloody hope an actual bus doesn't make me feel sick! LOL

Rode home on the motorway as I didn't think I had the brain to deal with commuters on the normal roads - but then set off a camera in Albertville, hopefully ok as it was front facing :shock: :shock: :( :(

Now crashed out and catching up here before having a stupidly early night!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had our last day on the beach and we’re now packing the case ready for pick up yo go home. Funny trip really. Didn’t think much of Nerja despite being told we’d love it. Certainly won’t come back here and crossed Mijas off of the list of possible places to buy a place. Think we’ll come down in the campervan next year and spend a few weeks looking around.

Still the hot sunny weather has been glorious and we’ve met some nice people along the way. But once it’s time to go I just want to get home and see my dogs oh and the family too!😁
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Burgundy, Sanntenay

ImageIMG_20240817_134453 by steveweeks59, on Flickr
Skub

Post by Skub »

The car fraternity had a static display in memory of one of their member,there were a few bikes too,so I stopped for an hour and had a yarn with some folk.

You car bods may be interested in some of the old vehicles.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Skub

Post by Skub »

Moar pics.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Learning, revising, stressing, drinking coffee, trying not to eat! (That last is solved as don't have anything sweet to hand and nothing snackable!! LOL)

Worse, the weather is like a UK winter day toady, without any crisp air, frost or clear skies :( :( :( So I won't be riding over to Peisey to see the rockabilly band :( :(
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

My 82 year old dad came round to diagnose the leaking hydraulics on the log splitter, which he then also fixed 🥰 I paid attention and provided tea and Marmite crisps.
Cleared the spare room of decorating equipment.
Fitted some oak socket surrounds.
Assembled a sofa bed.
Assembled most of a chest of drawers.

Will finish that tomorrow, before the first occupant (God-daughter) arrives at lunch-time 😶
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Pre-flighted the ZRX11 for tomorrow's canyon hooning.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Skub wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:00 pm The car fraternity had a static display in memory of one of their member,there were a few bikes too,so I stopped for an hour and had a yarn with some folk.

That is seriously gorgeous 😍
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

Is that a Morgan ?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Wscad wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:08 am Is that a Morgan ?
Morgan Plus 4 (or maybe a 4/4) innit? Dunno if it's a 'modern' one or an older one though. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire