Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Ian

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Ian »

Taipan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:03 am These cups. HTF are you supposed to pick up a hot drink with that handle! :roll:
Slurp it from the saucer
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Ian wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:26 pm
Taipan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:03 am These cups. HTF are you supposed to pick up a hot drink with that handle! :roll:
Slurp it from the saucer
English faire chabrot!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Re: Buffets, I don’t have much Experiance of them but what I’ve had before has been good. However in this flop house it is dire! Cheap food drying out under the r lights. My fellow guests seem to be enjoying it though, judging by the mountainous piles filling their plates! :sick: There’s hardly any English here so we’re in the clear. A Scottish couple seem to be in a competition with a French couple to see who can with the coveted prize for outright piggery! Don’t get me started in foreign tea and coffee machines!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Small yappy whiney dogs, and their owners who haven't bothered to train them, and when more than 2 congregate at the same place they're guaranteed to spoil a lovely lunch out in the sun.

The looks on their faces when I commented that it a shame carrying hand guns is illegal was hilarious :obscene-birdiedoublered: it's a shame only one took the hint and left.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:30 am Small yappy whiney dogs, and their owners who haven't bothered to train them, and when more than 2 congregate at the same place they're guaranteed to spoil a lovely lunch out in the sun.

The looks on their faces when I commented that it a shame carrying hand guns is illegal was hilarious :obscene-birdiedoublered: it's a shame only one took the hint and left.
Add any dog owner with a poorly trained dog off the lead, they think any public space where dogs are permitted belongs to them.
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Mussels wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:52 am
MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:30 am Small yappy whiney dogs, and their owners who haven't bothered to train them, and when more than 2 congregate at the same place they're guaranteed to spoil a lovely lunch out in the sun.

Add any dog owner with a poorly trained dog off the lead, they think any public space where dogs are permitted belongs to them.
Dog owners that don't let their dogs play for more than 5 mins.

There's a dog walking field right in front of my accommodation. If I see an owner with their dog off the lead. I leave my dog at home, I approach the owner to see if it's OK for my dog to come out. With a positive response, I let Max out. The friendliest dog you could ever wish for, after the initial sniffing and pissing, invariably the dogs start running round together playing and it's great to watch. All too often, after 5 minutes the other owner gets bored and decides "thats enough". They then, unsurprisingly struggle to get their dog back. I normally call Max back and this helps calm the other dog. But *FFS let them run round together for 20 mins or more.

* I do understand that some dogs might have a medical condition or other issues that means they shouldn't run around too much, but not ALL of them surely !?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:45 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:20 am So I’ve always assumed that, cos I’m not exactly skinny, when they’re drunk they assume I must be ‘grateful’ for an offer 🤣🤣

I asked a girl out once and got knocked back, she was a bigger girl and I heard later she assumed I was doing it for a dare, by the time she found out the truth I had already started seeing someone else. Looking back, the idea of asking someone out would terrify me now, I simply couldn't do it now, drunk or sober.
Thanx for writing that. Made me realise (along with another mate who doesn't live here!) that I should sometimes have more faith in myself!!

Anyway, apparently he was serious (even sober!) :oops: So I do need to believe a smidge more - just difficult when surrounded by young fit women, why would anyone choose the opposite?! :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:01 pm just difficult when surrounded by young fit women, why would anyone choose the opposite?! :lol: :lol:
There you go, assuming all men are these shallow, degenerate creatures who have no interest in conversation, friendship and non-physical attraction. It's very hurtful.

You are a misandrist dinosaur who needs to evolve and get with the 21st century.

No sugar in mine. Ta.

;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:34 am
Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:01 pm just difficult when surrounded by young fit women, why would anyone choose the opposite?! :lol: :lol:
There you go, assuming all men are these shallow, degenerate creatures who have no interest in conversation, friendship and non-physical attraction. It's very hurtful.

You are a misandrist dinosaur who needs to evolve and get with the 21st century.

No sugar in mine. Ta.

;)
Any biccies?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Coming into work I noticed my visor could do with a clean.

Got in the office and thought I'd do a proper job. So off came the visor, out came the Pinlock insert and out came the sun visor. Gave them a good wash and dried them carefully.

First to go back was the sun visor. First pin clicks home easy. Next one doesn't want to play ball. 10 minutes of faffing, trying to get it in from different angles, taking the cheek pads out then the breath deflector. Finally clicks home. Finger prints all over it.

Next I go to put the Pinlock insert in and - ping! - goes the plastic retaining pin. FFS. I'm pretty sure I've got some in the garage somewhere, but what a PITA.

Finally the visor. One side clips in...does the other one want to fecking get in? Does it buggery. Another 10 minutes of ham-fisted faffing until it finally clicks home. Again. Covered in greasy finger marks.

After cleaning both visors, in-situ, I'm sat here wondering why I started it in the first place.... :thumbdown:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

gremlin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:50 am Coming into work I noticed my visor could do with a clean.

Got in the office and thought I'd do a proper job. So off came the visor, out came the Pinlock insert and out came the sun visor. Gave them a good wash and dried them carefully.

First to go back was the sun visor. First pin clicks home easy. Next one doesn't want to play ball. 10 minutes of faffing, trying to get it in from different angles, taking the cheek pads out then the breath deflector. Finally clicks home. Finger prints all over it.

Next I go to put the Pinlock insert in and - ping! - goes the plastic retaining pin. FFS. I'm pretty sure I've got some in the garage somewhere, but what a PITA.

Finally the visor. One side clips in...does the other one want to fecking get in? Does it buggery. Another 10 minutes of ham-fisted faffing until it finally clicks home. Again. Covered in greasy finger marks.

After cleaning both visors, in-situ, I'm sat here wondering why I started it in the first place.... :thumbdown:
Been there, done that.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

More a wry smile than a BYP. I recently sent off 2 boxes of books (42 books IIRC) to We BuyBooks. Got about £36.

Just received a s/h book, by post, from an Amazon vendor. £10.19, cover price £7.99. Turns out it's from WBB (only under their trading name).

:hmmm:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 1:52 pm More a wry smile than a BYP. I recently sent off 2 boxes of books (42 books IIRC) to We BuyBooks. Got about £36.

Just received a s/h book, by post, from an Amazon vendor. £10.19, cover price £7.99. Turns out it's from WBB (only under their trading name).

Ah, profit.... the main motive.
non quod, sed quomodo
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Rockburner wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:30 pm
Count Steer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 1:52 pm More a wry smile than a BYP. I recently sent off 2 boxes of books (42 books IIRC) to We BuyBooks. Got about £36.

Ah, profit.... the main motive.
No problem with profit. I imagine a lot of what they get ends up as paper pulp. They pick stuff up from the door so I guess transport costs are a few £. The book I bought appears to be out of print so probably at a premium.

It was just the asymmetric nature of a few kg of books turning into 1 book and £25. :D
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:16 pm I imagine a lot of what they get ends up as paper pulp.

They are fairly picky about what they'll buy.

After scanning bar codes on a couple of dozen books, and being offered nothing for several, I've just deposited a heap at a charity shop.

And I'll give away others.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 9:34 am

No sugar in mine. Ta.

;)
I am indeed. TBF, i have been on bike forums for 20+ years so I have read a lot of those opinions! (And my mum told me was too fat, laughed too loudly, had too big a smile/grin - when I was 16 ish - that didn’t help much 🙄🙄🤣🤣)

Oh and I worked with those sort of people for years.

But, I’m learning it’s all about confidence and mines coming back 😊😊

I will make yr tea but you can get yr own sodding bickies 🤣🤣🤣

(That’s a lie, I’ll probably make the biscuits as well 🤣🤣🤣🤣)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Horse wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:06 pm
Count Steer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:16 pm I imagine a lot of what they get ends up as paper pulp.

They are fairly picky about what they'll buy.

After scanning bar codes on a couple of dozen books, and being offered nothing for several, I've just deposited a heap at a charity shop.

And I'll give away others.
Yeah, I probably took as many to Oxfam and put some in the bus stop library. I've got a pretty good idea what makes it onto the shelves at Oxfam. The money from WBB usually goes in the other 'good causes' stash.
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

More importantly,wtf is that horrible looking grey liquid inside said cup? :(
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
David

Post by David »

Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:01 pm
Bigjawa wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:45 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:20 am So I’ve always assumed that, cos I’m not exactly skinny, when they’re drunk they assume I must be ‘grateful’ for an offer 🤣🤣

I asked a girl out once and got knocked back, she was a bigger girl and I heard later she assumed I was doing it for a dare, by the time she found out the truth I had already started seeing someone else. Looking back, the idea of asking someone out would terrify me now, I simply couldn't do it now, drunk or sober.
Thanx for writing that. Made me realise (along with another mate who doesn't live here!) that I should sometimes have more faith in myself!!

Anyway, apparently he was serious (even sober!) :oops: So I do need to believe a smidge more - just difficult when surrounded by young fit women, why would anyone choose the opposite?! :lol: :lol:

My goodness, I hope SWHMBO does not read this....the absolute sexiest gurl i ever had relations with (apart from SHMBO```````````` was quite comfortable...chunky)
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Noggin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:49 pm

I am indeed. TBF, i have been on bike forums for 20+ years so I have read a lot of those opinions! (And my mum told me was too fat, laughed too loudly, had too big a smile/grin - when I was 16 ish - that didn’t help much 🙄🙄🤣🤣)

Oh and I worked with those sort of people for years.

But, I’m learning it’s all about confidence and mines coming back 😊😊

I will make yr tea but you can get yr own sodding bickies 🤣🤣🤣

(That’s a lie, I’ll probably make the biscuits as well 🤣🤣🤣🤣)
I dunno, 16yo Noggin sounds a lot better than the various teenage prototype chavettes I ran about with back in the early 90s.