Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

IMG_20240807_194717_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg
IMG_20240807_194717_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 599 times
IMG_20240807_194732_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg
IMG_20240807_194732_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg (1008.11 KiB) Viewed 599 times
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Now faintly capable of glowing in the dark, disappointed at the apparent lack of a superpower yet..
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:50 pm Now faintly capable of glowing in the dark, disappointed at the apparent lack of a superpower yet..
It's being invisible while you walk through town naked.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mussels wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:45 pm It's being invisible while you walk through town naked.
I'm not falling for that one again.. :oops:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:50 pm Now faintly capable of glowing in the dark, disappointed at the apparent lack of a superpower yet..
You'll probably get bitten by a spider that suddenly finds it can ride a bike, likes Floyd tribute bands and feels compelled to make pasties.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Just had a second cousin thrice removed arrive late last night.
As an only child of parents who were only children, closest I get to family!
Screenshot_2024-08-08-10-57-19-829_com.facebook.orca-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2024-08-08-10-57-19-829_com.facebook.orca-edit.jpg (285.47 KiB) Viewed 518 times
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mmmm. Baby smell.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Found out you don't have to sign a do not resuscitate form anymore. At least I'm sure i've signed them before. As the Doc explained today that decision is made by the medical team and its called a DNACPR (do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation) but the family are informed of that decision. I thought it was a good thing.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went to another part of the area for lunch with some friends. A mate drove in his truck (gurt big Ford thingy, not the Raptor!), so I suggested, tongue in cheek, that he drove us back over the mountain!! Well, he said yes!! LOL

What an awesome trip.

Basically took the road to Les Coches then drove from Les Coches to Friolin restaurant, up to the Col de l'Arpette and down to Belle Plagne. Even tho it is a fuck off great big truck with huge tyres and 4x4, there were times I was a smidge nervous! LOL Some tracks were Very narrow and with little rocks for a base, not gravel!!

But he's driven a bit over the area, so I just 'chilled' and enjoyed it. Missed quite a few photos cos the bumps meant that, even though I thought I'd tapped the button, I'd missed it! :lol:

These are the towers of the Vanoise Express on the La Plagne side.

I've skied down there :D

This is a weird bit as two of the chairs actually cross over - apparently very unusual!

This is where there is a rope pull piste - I hate it!! LOL Generally stop and take my skies off and walk! LOL

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

The lunch we went to was for a 25th wedding anniversary!! Twenty Five years :shock: :shock:

Bloody awesome meal.

And they had found the same vineyard who produced the champagne they had at their wedding - flipping lovely that was!!

Couple of the starters (not sure what the fuss about burrato mozorella is tho!)

Mains were awesome too. I had guinea fowl for the first time :D

Two of the desserts

And we had a visit from a hekilopter - not for me before anyone makes that suggestion! :lol: They flew over a bit, landed in the field adjacent to the restaurant, must have come in for lunch and then took off a couple of hours later!! :lol: Awesome!!

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

After about 6 weeks of 100+ temps, discovered the pool is the temp of bath water.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:47 pm so I suggested, tongue in cheek, that he drove us back over the mountain!!
That ol' chestnut, eh? ;)
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:53 pm Found out you don't have to sign a do not resuscitate form anymore. At least I'm sure i've signed them before. As the Doc explained today that decision is made by the medical team and its called a DNACPR (do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation) but the family are informed of that decision. I thought it was a good thing.
There's a thing called a Respect form. Loads of info here, I've pasted the intro.

https://www.resus.org.uk/respect/respec ... fessionals

ReSPECT stands for Recommended Summary Plan for Emergency Care and Treatment. The ReSPECT process creates a summary of personalised recommendations for a person’s clinical care in a future emergency in which they do not have capacity to make or express choices. Such emergencies may include death or cardiac arrest, but are not limited to those events. The process is intended to respect both patient preferences and clinical judgement. The agreed realistic clinical recommendations that are recorded include a recommendation on whether or not CPR should be attempted if the person’s heart and breathing stop.

How does it work?
The plan is created through conversations between a person and one or more of the health professionals who are involved with their care. The plan should stay with the person and be available immediately to health and care professionals faced with making immediate decisions in an emergency in which the person themselves has lost capacity to participate in making those decisions.

ReSPECT may be used across a range of health and care settings, including the person’s own home, an ambulance, a care home, a hospice or a hospital. Professionals such as ambulance crews, out-of-hours doctors, care home staff and hospital staff will be better able to make immediate decisions about a person’s emergency care and treatment if they have prompt access to agreed clinical recommendations on a ReSPECT plan.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

gremlin wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:25 am
Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:47 pm so I suggested, tongue in cheek, that he drove us back over the mountain!!
That ol' chestnut, eh? ;)
Not a euphemism I've heard for a while. I'll admit.
non quod, sed quomodo
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Both the tiling and squits are finished!
No picture of the squits!
IMG_20240809_130245.jpg
IMG_20240809_130245.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 356 times
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:06 pm Both the tiling and squits are finished!
No picture of the squits!
IMG_20240809_130245.jpg
Got about 130 sq/m to lay if you fancy the job?
cheb

Post by cheb »

That's a lot of squits.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Stripped and cleaned some Diesel Injectors for a 2.2 Transit.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Went to bed nice and early last night, as had to be up at 3am to take Mrs. G to Gatwick with her sis, dad and nephew.
1am the Gremlinette sends many messages telling me has has had a flat tyre, but don't stress, as it's sorted. Just wanted to let me know. :wtf:
As I'm trying to get back to sleep the Hound of the Stupidville starts to do her 'Best let me out into the garden, I need a poo' yelp, so down I go. Not once, but twice.
Alarm goes off so we jump in the shower, get dressed, pick up the rest of them only to be told, 'No, sorry, not Gatwick...it's Stansted'. :thumbdown:

Had a cuppa, just about the get changed and head off to the gym. Knackered.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

gremlin wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:38 am Went to bed nice and early last night, as had to be up at 3am to take Mrs. G to Gatwick with her sis, dad and nephew.
1am the Gremlinette sends many messages telling me has has had a flat tyre, but don't stress, as it's sorted. Just wanted to let me know. :wtf:
As I'm trying to get back to sleep the Hound of the Stupidville starts to do her 'Best let me out into the garden, I need a poo' yelp, so down I go. Not once, but twice.
Alarm goes off so we jump in the shower, get dressed, pick up the rest of them only to be told, 'No, sorry, not Gatwick...it's Stansted'. :thumbdown:

Had a cuppa, just about the get changed and head off to the gym. Knackered.
There's some seriously inadequate planning being exposed there...
non quod, sed quomodo