Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by MrLongbeard »

Rockburner wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:54 pm
Scotsrich wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:26 pm Getting breakfast at a cafe where they put the toast on the same plate as your meal.

So you end up spreading the butter on the toast when it’s on the table.

Winds me up every time.
Just once I'd like to be served a fry-up with the beans ON the toast/fried slice.

Also hate getting the beans in a little ramekin (especially when the ramekin is ON the plate!)
Blasphemy :angry-cussingblack: you'd end up with soggy toast / fried bread.
Breakfast toast should be cold and rigid enough to hold if it requires butter
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I also hate baked beans :thumbup:

The fancy cafe in Porsmouth I go to with my parents sometimes doesn't even include beans with their fry up. Beans come in tins, which means they can't be fresh...

I suppose they could make their own, but they don't. :think:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Just once I'd like to be served a fry-up with the beans ON the toast/fried slice.
Probably my fault - everyone who knows me knows I'd have a fit if the beans were on the toast.
Same as 'pie' which is a bowl of pie filling with a pie crust on top. This is not pie! If I ever go out and have pie (which is rare) I always check whether they are serving 'hat pie' rather than the real thing.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

MrLongbeard wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:16 pm
Scotsrich wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:26 pm Getting breakfast at a cafe where they put the toast on the same plate as your meal.

So you end up spreading the butter on the toast when it’s on the table.

Winds me up every time.

Also hate getting the beans in a little ramekin (especially when the ramekin is ON the plate!)
Blasphemy :angry-cussingblack: you'd end up with soggy toast / fried bread.
Breakfast toast should be cold and rigid enough to hold if it requires butter
DefTrap wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:20 pm
Probably my fault - everyone who knows me knows I'd have a fit if the beans were on the toast.

It's the way I like it.... I think it comes from breakfasts at boarding school : especially eggy bread covered in beans. You either learnt to like it, or vomited.

DefTrap wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:20 pm
Same as 'pie' which is a bowl of pie filling with a pie crust on top. This is not pie! If I ever go out and have pie (which is rare) I always check whether they are serving 'hat pie' rather than the real thing.
yeah - stew served under a covering of puff pasty is not "pie".
non quod, sed quomodo
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I 'can' make spring rolls. But it's a serious faf, no deep fat fryer, need more space really, have to plan properly cos if I buy the beansprouts they only last a day or two etc etc

So sometimes I just buy some for the freezer.

A while ago I bought some that were nasty - the filling isn't a filling like a normal one, it's mixed so much it's almost a puree :( :sick:

Forgot where I bought them and went to Lidl the other day - bought some spring rolls cos they were on offer

Yup - the same bloody yucky nasty filling :( :( :( So now I have to eat the ones in the freezer, then shop for some bean sprouts and use up the wraps in the freezer to refill the freezer with 'proper' sort of fresh ones ! I mean it'll be worth it, but first I have to eat the yucky ones :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Have I mentioned the Sonos app redesign from a few months back? Sure I have, or maybe you've heard me scream at my phone and speakers from where you live...

The infuriating app redesign that dropped so many good features, like the sleep function?

The same one that introduced a load of bugs, like the annoying lag on the volume slider?

The same fecking one that now only lets one track play each time when selecting an artist's 'top tracks'. I mean why would I want them to play sequentially when I could stop what I'm doing, tap the next track in the queue (have I mentioned that function now has lag too?!), ad infinitum?

The fortnightly fixes the CEO, Patrick Spence, has pledged to deliver, yet keep being put back. If you think the Politics section here get vitriolic, go read the Sonos user forum :lol:

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

And breathe....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Can you not roll it back / find an older hooky APK and sideload that?
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:32 am Have I mentioned the Sonos app redesign from a few months back? Sure I have, or maybe you've heard me scream at my phone and speakers from where you live...
Yup - one update they fix it and then the next, it's broken again. Mine had been OK for a few weeks and now can't find the system again.....
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:41 am
gremlin wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:32 am Have I mentioned the Sonos app redesign from a few months back? Sure I have, or maybe you've heard me scream at my phone and speakers from where you live...
Yup - one update they fix it and then the next, it's broken again. Mine had been OK for a few weeks and now can't find the system again.....
I'm so glad I've manged to stick to the original SONOS1 app....
non quod, sed quomodo
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I bought one Sonos speaker a few years ago and quickly realised how the whims of Sonos could ruin it, I'll not get any more.
Generally anything pricey and reliant on an app to work is best avoided.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Or just turn off auto updates in the play store.
ErgData / Concept 2 are sods for it, every update introduces a new bug, mostly around connectivity and stability to the rower, so now I've found a stable version that offers the functionality I want / need it'll never be updated by me again.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've got a Sonos Move, there's a button on the back that turns it into a regular Bluetooth speaker.

Can't say I've had a problem with the app, but I only ever listen to either Sonos Radio Rock Road Trip or Absolute Classic Rock :)
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Well I connected to Radio X via Sonos this morning and all OK, now this? Pretty bloody flakey......
Screenshot_20240807_113852_Sonos.jpg
Screenshot_20240807_113852_Sonos.jpg (150.01 KiB) Viewed 360 times
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:40 am Well I connected to Radio X via Sonos this morning and all OK, now this? Pretty bloody flakey......

Screenshot_20240807_113852_Sonos.jpg
Regular occurrence. I find I have to close the app and reopen it.

If ever companies need an example of how not to upgrade systems, this would be it. Should be taught in business school. Given that Sonos is a high end product, it's shocking that this was allowed to happen (rumour is the headphones were due to be dropped, needed the redesigned app to support them, so a bit of a 'least worse option' scenario).
I have ten speakers around my house, inc. the Sub and soundbar, a few Sonos 5 and Play Ones plus a Move.

Ask me if I'd recommend Sonos to anybody these days. :thumbdown:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

More bloody french bureaucracy!
When you sell a car over here, you have to de-register ownership and you provide a 10
Digit code to the new owner.
Only thing is they want the ins and outs of a ducks arse.
Also, woe betide you should you not fill all the boxes in properly. Spent 20 fruitless minutes trying to enter the new owners address.
Just about ready to chuck the tablet at the wall, when a little help bot appeared and asked.....'do you mean'..............yes I fucking do!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, really! The address was Chemin des xxx, and they wanted to know what kind of road it was.
It's a fucking CHEMIN.
Wonder what my blood pressure is at right now!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

My new Shark cordless vacuum.

It does do the vacumming ok, but the fecking battery will only last long enough to do the most frequented parts of Chez Gremlin before showing as '0%' and shutting down.

Reading their website it reckons an hour's worth of cleaning. An hour, my fecking arse. I feel a strongly-worded email to their customer service dept. is in order. :angry-argument:

First the Sonos...now the feckin' ' Oover...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:06 pm My new Shark cordless vacuum.

It does do the vacumming ok, but the fecking battery will only last long enough to do the most frequented parts of Chez Gremlin before showing as '0%' and shutting down.

Reading their website it reckons an hour's worth of cleaning. An hour, my fecking arse. I feel a strongly-worded email to their customer service dept. is in order. :angry-argument:

Woah. Hand in your man card :obscene-birdiedoublered:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:27 pm

Fay-knights.

It has led headlights, an lcd display and does this really cool articulated handle thing for under-furniture vacuuming. 8-)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:57 pm

Fay-knights.

It has led headlights, an lcd display and does this really cool articulated handle thing for under-furniture vacuuming. 8-)
La la la. Fingers in my ears. Can't hear you
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

gremlin wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:57 pm

Fay-knights.

Sounds like the one we had, that clever hinge bit fell to bits after 3 months. Got a more basic model that just can not handle Malinois hair.