In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
irie

Re: In todays news...

Post by irie »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:09 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:21 am constitution of the UK.
What's that then, the fucking Magna Carta?
Only the fucking thick would think that is the case.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

irie wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:23 pm
Your earlier link specifically mentions Magna Carta :crazy:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

In many ways still a "sacred text", Magna Carta is generally considered part of the uncodified constitution of the United Kingdom; in a 2005 speech, the Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales, Lord Woolf, described it as the "first of a series of instruments that now are recognised as having a special constitutional status".

What a fucking thicko. :hmmm:

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:35 pm
In many ways still a "sacred text", Magna Carta is generally considered part of the uncodified constitution of the United Kingdom; in a 2005 speech, the Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales, Lord Woolf, described it as the "first of a series of instruments that now are recognised as having a special constitutional status".

What a fucking thicko. :hmmm:

Only a fucking thicko thinks that the Magna Carta is the constitution. :hmmm:

:lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

irie wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:18 pm
Only a fucking thicko thinks that the Magna Carta is the constitution. :hmmm:

:lol:
Why would you get so angry for such a semantically narrow transgression? Are you really that much better than everyone else?

The issue is complex, interesting and quite possibly about to change. How long can a constitutional monarchy exist in the modern age? What plans do Labour have for destroying our United Kingdom? What instruments do we have as sovereign citizens to stop Labour from causing permanent irreversible damage?

or is it somehow better to just call people fucking thickos and be done with it?
Plato
irie

Post by irie »

Merely echoing previous intolerant bad language, much of which is yours. :)
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

irie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:15 am Merely echoing previous intolerant bad language, much of which is yours. :)
He does however make a number of very valid points.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
cheb

Post by cheb »

The Damnatio memoriae has started. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnatio_memoriae

Nevermore will you see the man who can't be mentioned on the BBC. At least he wasn't killed and his body thrown to the mob.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I don't see how you can 'swear allegiance' to the UK constitution without first defining precisely what it is. That ain't likely to happen any time soon, it's already been 1000 years in the works.

So right now you could quite legitimately say:

"well obviously I wasn't swearing allegiance to that bit, why would anyone think I was?"
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

cheb wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:13 am The Damnatio memoriae has started. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnatio_memoriae

Nevermore will you see the man who can't be mentioned on the BBC. At least he wasn't killed and his body thrown to the mob.
How is chocolate production going this year I wonder....maybe the ration will increase.
irie

Post by irie »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:47 am
irie wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:15 am Merely echoing previous intolerant bad language, much of which is yours. :)
He does indeed, but excessively wordy, meandering, and laced with intellectual arrogance.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:47 am
Woah. Hold on there. Irie is the one calling people fucking thicko's.

I merely parodied that while pointing out the above statement regarding the Magna Carta from the Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales, Lord Woolf.

It should be obvious to anyone with an active humour sensor that I am not literally suggesting such a chap is a fucking thicko.

You need Irie for that level of intellectual arrogance. Yeah, if you're going to accuse me of something you did, then your own insults reflect back onto you. Talk about gaslighting FFS.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Meanwhile regarding the slaughter of innocent children by Axel Rudakuna, turns out he was featured on the BBC in a Dr.Who advert. Never mind the innocent schoolboy pictures they found of this monster, there are more accurate, more recent pictures which if you see them, you will realise why the BBC chose not to show you.

Pure coincidence I guess except that the BBC also made an entire program complaining about "false allegations" made towards Omar (and Muhammad) Badreddin refugee family. I don't know the full details but the case for sexual assault etc was dropped. They went on to commit further crimes, aggravated assault whilst on bail

Skip forwards a few years and he is now serving 18 years for multiple child rape. His brother got 5 years and the chap who filmed the 13 year old being raped while laughing at her was given a suspended sentence! These are immigrants seeking asylum remember.

What kind of journalism is that? How can our national broadcaster get things so catastrophically wrong? Is it deliberate? Does their apologist behaviour actually encourage these monsters into believing they can get away with anything?

Not only that, remembering this is a gang of immigrant rapists - they're not even scheduled to be deported!

There needs to be some sign of common sense on display or this rise in "extreme right wing violence" will only get stronger as the situation persists unabated.

Now I happen to think the protesters and demonstrators "representing" the "right wing" are infested with the worst kind of fascistic, racist fuckwits. They do not represent me! I do not subscribe to that extreme skinhead and doc Martin mentality but naturally they will be attracted to anything on the right of apologist leftie liberals.

I'm not even a fan of some of the right wing channels that increasingly pop up before being censored out of existence. But the censorship, lop sided law enforcement and like I say, apologist hand wringing from the likes of the BBC really are making things worse.

What is the solution? It should be obvious. You invite someone to come and stay at your home and they commit the worst crimes imaginable. The last thing you're going to do is allow them to stay! That really ought to be self evident and frankly, automatic. You would at the very least, kick them out.

With Axel Rudakuna things were already in place - ship him back to Rwanda...
Plato
Horse

Post by Horse »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:00 pm Meanwhile regarding the slaughter of innocent children by Axel Rudakuna, turns out he was featured on the BBC in a Dr.Who advert.

What kind of journalism is that? How can our national broadcaster get things so catastrophically wrong? Is it deliberate?
For accuracy:

Boy accused of Southport murders starred in Doctor Who-themed BBC Children In Need advert

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 90588.html
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:00 pm

That's very generous Screwd, reward him with a plane ticket for killing 3 kids and attempting to kill a few more.

I guess you support the de-criminalisation of shop-lifting.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Yambo wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:43 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:00 pm

That's very generous Screwd, reward him with a plane ticket for killing 3 kids and attempting to kill a few more.

I guess you support the de-criminalisation of shop-lifting.
...after he has served his sentence. Won't be long anyway. I'm sure he'll be let out early for "good behaviour".

Then kick him out. Otherwise what does it say to all the other nutjobs out there?
Plato
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Wasn't the kid born in Wales?

Do we ship any criminal to a foreign country once their sentence is served?

Or only the ones with foreign parents?
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Fucking morons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/c0jqjxe8d1yt

That's less than two miles from my house.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Horse wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:15 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:00 pm Meanwhile regarding the slaughter of innocent children by Axel Rudakuna, turns out he was featured on the BBC in a Dr.Who advert.

What kind of journalism is that? How can our national broadcaster get things so catastrophically wrong? Is it deliberate?
For accuracy:

Boy accused of Southport murders starred in Doctor Who-themed BBC Children In Need advert

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 90588.html
Sorry, in what way is my post inaccurate? The word "themed" is missing? Seriously fella, who gives flying fuck what this token black, DEI "child star" was paraded on the BBC for.

He turned into violent child murderer. One of the very worst and by some bizarre coincidence had been chosen from out of a population of 60 million non child murdering normal folk. Why him? Let's be honest here, because he is black and from a family of immigrants.

Since this isn't the first time and I do not believe in coincidence, there might actually be something going on here. Is it the fame? The idea that nobody will punish you? Do these people think we know what they are actually like (deep down) and therefore this unexpected fame and recognition is some sort of tacit acceptance that they can do as they please?

Something is very wrong here. The answer is obviously not to turn on all immigrants or go on a mindless rampage. We know that it is impossible for the average ordinary UK citizen to go on a protest march. Fat lot of good that will do since it will inevitably be over policed and infiltrated by mindless thugs from the far right.

As for the child rapists and Islamic extremists, the thought of pulling down a few mosques associated with some of these perpetrators of evil is not a bad idea. If an evil doer goes on a personal jihad or with a group of his mates goes around raping schoolchildren, then we should remove the place where he may have been indoctrinated or told such behaviour is tolerated against kafirs.

That might stop them from being so casually violent, the thought that they would be doing more harm to their own community.
Plato
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I wonder if news of the recent activities will get across the channel and beyond. Don't suppose it'll make much difference to the number of boats though. 🤷‍♂️

Rogue fishing boats next.
Yamaha rocket 3