In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Screwdriver

Re: In todays news...

Post by Screwdriver »

dern wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:52 pm JD Vance that said that. And yeah, it does sound ridiculous unless you're credulous and predisposed to believing such utter shite.
Predisposed? I am sitting here watching it happen.

It amazes me how many people have their eyes closed. Are you suggesting the Muslim community do not want to alter the fabric of UK society to suit their particular religion? Have you seen the ONS statistics on birthrates? One third (30.3%) of all UK births are to parents of non-UK origin, i.e. immigrants.

That's great. We're all humans and the UK is just a nice dry patch of land on this fragile planet. Immigrant is not a dirty word. I do not subscribe to the bile and spittle of the rhubarb faced right wing nutters. I'm not English. My parents were immigrants.

But I like the UK as it is. I do not like the idea of changing it to become more like <insert foreign country here>.

But there is one group who have a stated ambition to change the UK to suit their purpose and frankly, they're starting to make progress. The hotspots are London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds. We all know it but choose to turn a blind eye.

That would be fine if you happen to believe in "multiculturalism". I don't believe in it frankly because I don't see it working. People like to cling onto their culture. The "culture" I most object to is the one based on religious extremism. I am not a religious person but I do subscribe to strong Judeo-Christian core values.

Those values make it impossible for me to even consider the idea of butchering children for example. It's just not British.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
irie

Post by irie »

What is taking place in our cities, natural centres for new immigrants, is not the result of any 'conspiracy'. It is instead the direction of travel resulting from the religion adhered to by many of these immigrants - Islam.

As posted long ago in another place:
irie wrote:The problem with Islam

We have spent centuries dividing Church and State thereby asserting the primacy of secular law as the foundation of our democracy.

The central tenet of Islam is the primacy of religious law over secular law.

Therein lies the irreconcilable conflict between the teachings of Islam and the central foundation of our democracy.

Millions in the Islamic world do not believe in free speech, freedom of religion, democracy, a secular state, free enterprise, and human rights, but these are precisely the principles which are the basic foundations of our Western Democracies.

Islam is fundamentally incompatible with Western Democracy.
With thanks to Ayaan Hirsi Ali
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

It does seem that keeping "certain sections" of the human race apart, does work best.
Yamaha rocket 3
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

We have a problem, but very few people will admit it. It's OK, time will solve it, but a lot of people will get hurt in the process.

What we need, for EVERY citizen, is a clear declaration that they accept the constitution and the law of the UK. If they don't they should be invited to leave.
Most immigrants are fine, most right wingers don't want to kill people. It is the extremists on both sides who stir up trouble.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:21 am We have a problem, but very few people will admit it. It's OK, time will solve it, but a lot of people will get hurt in the process.

What we need, for EVERY citizen, is a clear declaration that they accept the constitution and the law of the UK. If they don't they should be invited to leave.
Most immigrants are fine, most right wingers don't want to kill people. It is the extremists on both sides who stir up trouble.
We don’t have a constitution.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Screwdriver wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:23 am
dern wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:52 pm JD Vance that said that. And yeah, it does sound ridiculous unless you're credulous and predisposed to believing such utter shite.
Predisposed? I am sitting here watching it happen.

It amazes me how many people have their eyes closed. Are you suggesting the Muslim community do not want to alter the fabric of UK society to suit their particular religion? Have you seen the ONS statistics on birthrates? One third (30.3%) of all UK births are to parents of non-UK origin, i.e. immigrants.

That's great. We're all humans and the UK is just a nice dry patch of land on this fragile planet. Immigrant is not a dirty word. I do not subscribe to the bile and spittle of the rhubarb faced right wing nutters. I'm not English. My parents were immigrants.

But I like the UK as it is. I do not like the idea of changing it to become more like <insert foreign country here>.

But there is one group who have a stated ambition to change the UK to suit their purpose and frankly, they're starting to make progress. The hotspots are London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds. We all know it but choose to turn a blind eye.

That would be fine if you happen to believe in "multiculturalism". I don't believe in it frankly because I don't see it working. People like to cling onto their culture. The "culture" I most object to is the one based on religious extremism. I am not a religious person but I do subscribe to strong Judeo-Christian core values.

Those values make it impossible for me to even consider the idea of butchering children for example. It's just not British.
That video illustrates London two tier policing about perfectly. If a pro Britain group had done the same, they'd have had the riot police there kettling them etc.

It is all very disturbing. The clip below is from 2015 and the sentiment was repeated by a Dutch Imam fairly recently. Look how the numbers have increased since 2015. As everyone saw when the situation in Ukraine broke out, women and children fled and were received here and elsewhere. But look at the people arriving on the boats, that is not hoards of women and children, its young men of combatant age. Are people really not seeing this, or not concerned by it? Unbridled illegal immigration causes many problems but also will lead to the inevitable rise of the extremists in retaliation. Surely that is a concern at least? Normal peopell are rebelling now as well. Look at Ireland. I really don't see this ending well.
Times of Israel wrote:Take over the continent 'in the name of the coming Caliphate,' urges imam in Jerusalem
Breed and conquer Europe, al-Aqsa preacher exhorts Muslims.
An imam at Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa Mosque last week called on Muslim migrants to Europe to produce children in order to conquer the continent “in the name of the coming Caliphate.”

Speaking in a Friday address at Islam’s third holiest site, Sheikh Muhammad Ayed said European countries only wanted Muslim migrants who are currently flooding into the EU for the sake of labor.

Ayed’s remarks, published online on September 11 and translated on Friday by a US-based media watchdog, came as European Union governments quarreled over finding a way to collectively contend with the growing masses of refugees arriving in their borders.
“Germany is not a compassionate country that wishes to absorb refugees from Syria and Iraq, and Palestinian refugees in the Levant and elsewhere,” the preacher said, according to a translation of the recorded speech published by media monitor MEMRI.

“Europe has become old and decrepit, and needs human reinforcement. No force is more powerful than the human force of us Muslims.”
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I'm calling bullshit on the only men on the small boats cos theres a load of women and chidren who were put up in a local hotel, I've seen em with my own eyes.
Then another hotel had blokes in it and as far as Ive seen they've been friendly and smile, say hello/good morning when I walk the dog past em.
Maybe you lot are cowering in fear but I'm ambling past and having no issues, do you need to strap a pair on?
Far more issues locally with home grown coke dealers.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

demographic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:29 pm I'm calling bullshit on the only men on the small boats cos theres a load of women and chidren who were put up in a local hotel, I've seen em with my own eyes.
Then another hotel had blokes in it and as far as Ive seen they've been friendly and smile, say hello/good morning when I walk the dog past em.
Maybe you lot are cowering in fear but I'm ambling past and having no issues, do you need to strap a pair on?
I was on a ferry to the mainland last year and there were about 100 asylum seekers who had landed in the Canaries and now being shipped over to Spain
No problems except the long queues at meal times ;)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:56 am

'Take over the continent 'in the name of the coming Caliphate,' urges imam in Jerusalem
An imam at Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa Mosque last week called on Muslim migrants to Europe to produce children in order to conquer the continent “in the name of the coming Caliphate.”
No more or less what the Pope has been preaching for centuries. Well, not the actual Pope, but you know what I mean.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
irie

Post by irie »

JamJar wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:58 am
Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:21 am We have a problem, but very few people will admit it. It's OK, time will solve it, but a lot of people will get hurt in the process.

We don’t have a constitution.
To the contrary, we do indeed have a Constitution.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constit ... ed_Kingdom
The constitution of the United Kingdom comprises the written and unwritten arrangements that establish the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as a political body. Unlike in most countries, no official attempt has been made to codify such arrangements into a single document, thus it is known as an uncodified constitution. This enables the constitution to be easily changed as no provisions are formally entrenched.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:46 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:56 am

'Take over the continent 'in the name of the coming Caliphate,' urges imam in Jerusalem
No more or less what the Pope has been preaching for centuries. Well, not the actual Pope, but you know what I mean.
:shock: They're coming over too!

Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

The problem is too many immigrants (we are a small and crowded island) and too quickly (not enough time to become assimilated). We have assimilated refugees before, we can do it again, but the present situation plays into the hands of extremists, both immigrant and home grown.

I don't want to see violence on the streets, but I fear it will come.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

You lot have got to start distinguishing properly between refugees and immigrants.

The UK should be and generally is sympathetic to refugees and rightly so but a lot of the people coming into the UK are not refugees. Far from it in fact.

All you are doing is muddying the water, probably for political reasons.
demographic

Post by demographic »

Yorick wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:31 pm
demographic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:29 pm I'm calling bullshit on the only men on the small boats cos theres a load of women and chidren who were put up in a local hotel, I've seen em with my own eyes.
I was on a ferry to the mainland last year and there were about 100 asylum seekers who had landed in the Canaries and now being shipped over to Spain
The ones have seen quite a lot of were asylum seekers, thats why they were housed in a local hotel while the government dicked about slowing the zyztem down for political reasons.
Anyway, I seriously wonder at how people interact as they move about an area, do they look dire tly at other people, .aybe smile and treat them like people?
Or scowl and mutter?

I talk to passers by, nod, let on and a majority of the time its either a tentative positive or a solid positive response.

I firmly believe that in order to live in a nice place some of that has to come from me.
I love my small city, not in a flag wavy way but its alright by me.
If I don't keep my end of the bargain up it slips a.little bit and its a little bit worse because of my lack of effort.
Scowl at people and they fast work out you have issues with the. and thats going to make yer area worse.

I make a point of talking to old people, takes no time and I hope it makes them feel that the world is a friendly place and not at all like the GB news/ Mail and other doomsayer parasites make out.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

demographic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:45 pm
The ones have seen quite a lot of were asylum seekers, thats why they were housed in a local hotel while the government dicked about slowing the zyztem down for political reasons.
Anyway, I seriously wonder at how people interact as they move about an area, do they look dire tly at other people, .aybe smile and treat them like people?
Or scowl and mutter?

I talk to passers by, nod, let on and a majority of the time its either a tentative positive or a solid positive response.

I firmly believe that in order to live in a nice place some of that has to come from me.
If I don't keep my end of the bargain up it slips a.little bit and its a little bit worse because of my lack of effort.
Scowl at people and they fast work out you have issues with the. and thats going to make yer area worse.

I make a point of talking to old people, takes no time and I hope it makes them feel that the world is a friendly place and not at all like the GB news/ Mail and other doomsayer parasites make out.
What are you, 10 years old or something! Have a conversation for Christ's sake, there's no moral high ground there and resorting to that as your justification for assuming it is pathetic and should be beneath you. Its so tired its like the new Godwins ffs! Still, I suppose its to your credit that you're so avuncular to our new residents!

Anyway, I find it odd that the men would go ahead and leave the wives and kids behind in so called war torn countries and send for them later. :wtf:
Migration Observatory wrote: The majority of those arriving in small boats are men. In the year to 31 March 2024, 75% (22,357) were male and aged 18 or over (excluding those of unknown age or sex). Another 16% (4,630) of arrivals in the same period were children (under 18). These proportions have been stable over time, and similar to those observed in asylum applicants more broadly (72% and 19%, respectively, in the year to March 2024). One reason for the higher share of men among asylum seekers, in general, is the danger associated with irregular migration journeys. In many cases, female and minor family members join later through family reunification routes.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Cousin Jack wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:21 am constitution of the UK.
What's that then, the fucking Magna Carta?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Where was the Magna Carta signed?

At the bottom.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

When you see the number's, week in, week out, it can be scary if you think about it, it's easier for many if they don't.

The UK, is on it's knees, but still we welcome them. Governments do nothing until public opinion sways their direction. Frustration leads to riot participation for those with nothing to lose, Its a minority they say, but I think many sympathise.

It's a shit show for sure and I see nothing changing, just more riots. Happy days.
Yamaha rocket 3
demographic

Post by demographic »

Taipan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:32 pm
demographic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:45 pm
Or scowl and mutter?

What are you, 10 years old or something! Have a conversation for Christ's sake, there's no moral high ground there and resorting to that as your justification for assuming it is pathetic and should be beneath you. Its so tired its like the new Godwins ffs! Still, I suppose its to your credit that you're so avuncular to our new residents!

Anyway, I find it odd that the men would go ahead and leave the wives and kids behind in so called war torn countries and send for them later. :wtf:
Migration Observatory wrote: The majority of those arriving in small boats are men. In the year to 31 March 2024, 75% (22,357) were male and aged 18 or over (excluding those of unknown age or sex). Another 16% (4,630) of arrivals in the same period were children (under 18). These proportions have been stable over time, and similar to those observed in asylum applicants more broadly (72% and 19%, respectively, in the year to March 2024). One reason for the higher share of men among asylum seekers, in general, is the danger associated with irregular migration journeys. In many cases, female and minor family members join later through family reunification routes.
Do me a favour please, just have a look at yourself. Few steps back, breath.
It's embarrassing to watch.