What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ChrisW

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ChrisW »

Called in to the Thornbridge brewery tap room for beer and pizza. Here’s a view.
Attachments
IMG_9944.jpeg
IMG_9944.jpeg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 510 times
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:15 pm A mate came round this afternoon to fit a new tap - I've had it a few weeks but can't get to where I need to under the sink to do the change! And the old one has been dripping for months which is annoying!!

Sooooo, fancy new tap!! It's a bit big (but was the cheapest on amazon at the time!) but with some reorganising I got everything back around it as before :D :D

Happy Noggin with non drippy tap!!

I changed the cartridge on out kitchen tap today to stop it dripping - still amazed a few hours later it’s working.
Took one of the bikes out to the Ace but didn’t stop and came home through town.
Gardening then fiddling with the CBR trying to find a rattle.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Scotsrich wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:37 pm Did a 3D animal shoot. A lovely walk in the woods ruined by having to shoot arrows.

A bit different from what I normally do as the animals are placed at random distances (to mimic a normal hunt) and you have to guesstimate your sight marks.

First circuit of 14 targets were absolutely shit, second time round I got decent scoring but by that time the damage was done.
Which course? I'm seriously missing shooting, need to get that sorted out.

A lot of gardening today, seriously knackered now!
non quod, sed quomodo
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Managed to get two naps in before noon :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Harvested a bumper raspberry crop.
IMG-20240727-WA0001.jpeg
IMG-20240727-WA0001.jpeg (873.54 KiB) Viewed 475 times
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

v8-powered wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:38 pm Gardening in this heat! Just about done now, bit of lunch and then I'm in the pool!

Never buy a house with a large mature garden!
I did a bit of strimming and cut the lawn then i sacked it off and drunk loads of cider instead! :thumbup:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:41 am
v8-powered wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:38 pm Gardening in this heat! Just about done now, bit of lunch and then I'm in the pool!

Never buy a house with a large mature garden!
I did a bit of strimming and cut the lawn then i sacked it off and drunk loads of cider instead! :thumbup:
I had a swim, then did some more gardening - then followed by beer and vino :thumbup:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Not quite today, but rather the whole weekend.

Friday, a wedding for a couple with four children. They have wanted to be married but could never quite get there, but they have now! A lovely joyful wedding with friends and family present and enjoying the occasion.

Saturday I had a couple of pastoral visits.

Sunday, usual two services and a Baptism for a lovely 10 year old who wanted to commit her life to Jesus. Then off to a commissioning service for Spark in the Park, a week long event from Monday 28th to Friday 2nd August in Danson Park, DA16. 1pm start time, all free for families with children. It is funded by 24 churches and donations.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Walked to 1800 again this morning. Earlier so it wasn't so hot!! Not sure it's actually good for my bad back, but physio this afternoon so I'll ask him :D :D

Took a slightly different route back and saw loads of these pretty blue flowers, vaguely like a bluebell, but on steroids!! :lol: (much darker than in the photo) Must try and take the actual camera next time and see if I can practice a bit :)

Turns out that I don't walk far enough down into 1800 from high enough in Centre cos Strava says it was only 118m altitude not 200m - must try harder :( :( Still, good effort for a spazz that can't use walking poles, is massively unfit and has a stroppy Gluteus Majus muscle :lol: :lol: The round trip took 50 mins, and only had about 3 x 10 second pauses - so I'm taking this as a massive win :D

In my favourite cafe I saw this sign -

Proper made me laugh cos, well, you know, Lost Bread??? :lol: :lol: :lol: How can they give me a plate of lost bread, cos, it's lost!! Isn't it??!! :lol:

Turns out it's chunky French Toast :D Left over bread (not the skinny sliced stuff, proper bread!)

Still makes me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: Gonna have to try it one day :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yesterday we went exploring over on Fuerteventura.
Apart from this little bar with nice view, didn't find anything interesting. It's a bit dull really.

Always good to get home :)
20240728_160820.jpg
20240728_160820.jpg (1.85 MiB) Viewed 415 times
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Pain perdu is basically bread and butter pudding.

There's a fantastic recipe for a spiced bread and butter pudding made with Brioche and condensed milk in the Dishoom recipe book.

The calories in it don't bear thinking about but when I make it there's never any leftovers
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ditchfinder wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:55 am Pain perdu is basically bread and butter pudding.

There's a fantastic recipe for a spiced bread and butter pudding made with Brioche and condensed milk in the Dishoom recipe book.

The calories in it don't bear thinking about but when I make it there's never any leftovers
Probably depends on the region of France. It was described to me as really thick 'slices' of leftovers soaked in what is essentially the mix we'd use for French Toast, and then fried off in a hot pan - in butter! My idea of heaven, but definitely ignore the calories!! LOL

When I do try it I'll report back :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Yorick wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:48 am Yesterday we went exploring over on Fuerteventura.
Apart from this little bar with nice view, didn't find anything interesting. It's a bit dull really.

Always good to get home :)

20240728_160820.jpg
Doggy looks excited by your “nice view”. 😄

I think we understand each other.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

A dog walk now its cooled down.

"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Found a great way to freshen up your top box. Put your laptop bag in it along with a water bottle full of lemon squash, not forgetting to loosen the water bottle lid. Ride to work and open the top box to find the lovely smell of lemon all over the bag, laptop, phone etc.
Guess who spent the day trying to dry out and clean up everything 🙈🙈
Felix

Post by Felix »

ChrisW wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:41 pm Called in to the Thornbridge brewery tap room for beer and pizza. Here’s a view.
One i keep looking at is Woldtop Brewery. This has the same idea and has lots off bands over the year. Bonus is you can camp in the field next door also.

https://www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk/collections/events
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Rockburner wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:51 pm
Scotsrich wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:37 pm Did a 3D animal shoot. A lovely walk in the woods ruined by having to shoot arrows.

A bit different from what I normally do as the animals are placed at random distances (to mimic a normal hunt) and you have to guesstimate your sight marks.

First circuit of 14 targets were absolutely shit, second time round I got decent scoring but by that time the damage was done.

Castlefield which is a small course near Gullane in East Lothian. I’m normally target but the association I’m in is mainly field. I struggle to get the distance for a normal field round but this was only a maximum of 50 yards.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Scotsrich wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:17 am
Rockburner wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Castlefield which is a small course near Gullane in East Lothian. I’m normally target but the association I’m in is mainly field. I struggle to get the distance for a normal field round but this was only a maximum of 50 yards.
Hope you enjoyed it! I switched to shooting only field some time ago, it's just much more fun than target.
non quod, sed quomodo
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Got up at 04.15 to launch a lifeboat.
Casualty located and now safe

Now very tired!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Rode the bike to the valley to see a Notaire to start the sale - it's way too hot down there for my kind of bike kit!!! Next summer I must invest in better summer gear!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh, and can't change Polish Zlots anywhere local - FFS!! LOL