'New posts' since the latest update

What can the Admins do to help, any requests for changes, updates, etc.
HiFi Kabin

Re: 'New posts' since the latest update

Post by HiFi Kabin »

My 'new posts' list is still showing everything from after I cleared it this morning, despite posting browsing and editing posts.

Maybe its because I always open New Posts links in a new tab?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mine showing plenty now... but has done that before then shown nothing straight after.... then more...

I assume cookie related.

edit. was showing 10 threads... now showing just 2 when i click
HiFi Kabin

Post by HiFi Kabin »

Its weird how random it appears to be. I'll run the update script again and see if that changes anything
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Mine just reset itself to 4.

But then I'm probably confusing the issue by being logged in on both mobile and desktop.....
non quod, sed quomodo
HiFi Kabin

Post by HiFi Kabin »

Update script re run so please recheck the New Posts
Rockburner wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:20 pm But then I'm probably confusing the issue by being logged in on both mobile and desktop.....
That may be part of the problem, but its not something that I have ever tested
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've never thought of opening anything from here in a new post (I'm a simple girl!! :lol: ), I don't do it by choice in any web site. Should I?

When I came back (closed laptop, didn't turn it off or log out) there was still a half page of new posts.

Read some, went back to New Posts, and only one on view!! A few more now, but more people have posted.

But maybe I haven't really noticed the changes before as wasn't aware of updates etc. Although it does seem to be more noticable now, so, who knows (i'm simple AND not any kind of tech!! LOL)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
HiFi Kabin

Post by HiFi Kabin »

Noggin wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:27 pm I've never thought of opening anything from here in a new post (I'm a simple girl!! :lol: ), I don't do it by choice in any web site. Should I?
Its just my preference which allows me to return to 'page one' easily and without repeatedly hitting the back button
HiFi Kabin

Post by HiFi Kabin »

I have done some more looking around (including on other boards that I administer) and it appears that there might be a bug (or new feature :roll: ) thats responsible for the issue. I had never experienced it myself as I dont use the 'new posts' link and no one else has reported it to me either.

I have reported it and fingers crossed that there is a solution Thanks for letting me know about it.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Undocumented program feature!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

In the manage profile there's a thing about 'remember me' login keys but it doesn't appear to do anything. :hmmm:

IIRC there used to be a 'keep me logged in' option and I can't see that any more. (Not that it worked for me and some others :D ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
HiFi Kabin

Post by HiFi Kabin »

There is a 'Remember Me' checkbox on the Login page which drops a cookie on your browser. If you use multiple devices to access the board you need to click 'Remember Me' for each.

Should you delete cookies from your browser then you will be logged out on that browser.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

HiFi Kabin wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:20 pm There is a 'Remember Me' checkbox on the Login page which drops a cookie on your browser. If you use multiple devices to access the board you need to click 'Remember Me' for each.

Should you delete cookies from your browser then you will be logged out on that browser.
Ah, cheers. I thought I'd got that box checked (now I've been reminded where it is :D ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire