No votes
This doesn't matter as far as RTTL is concerned
2%

Total votes: 63

Count Steer

Re: How many bikers in RTTL?

Post by Count Steer »

Is it time to hold hands and sing 'Kumbaya'? :D

Aksherly, given the number of motorbike riders (and ex motorbike riders) that have taken up bicycling the forum could be renamed 'Rev (or pedal) To The Limit'.

I, for one, welcome our 1.2hp (0.89kW) peak output brethren. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:53 pm
Eclipse wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:52 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:14 am I have 2,an X-ADV and a CB1000R, but only cos i cant sell the CB1000R. I only use a bike for commuting and never just go for a ride anymore. Once the CB is sold i'll not replace it, although I do sometimes get the i wants for a 2 stroke with expansion chambers on, but I know in reality it'll just end up sitting unused under a cover in the garden like the CB is.
I am in a similar situation, have 2 bikes both with mot & tax, trying to sell 1 but only had timewasters so far,
would love an an AC RD or X7 but never will so am content looking at them on YT :thumbup:
Got a few people who want my Cb but cant sell their bikes first! D'oH! Past half way of the biking season, so somebody better hurry up or its going away for another winter loL!
I was in a Honda dealer today, didn’t realise how tiny those naked CB 1000s are.

I’ve still got a K100, xt660z and the little KDX but I seem to have lost my biking mojo :( The only one that goes out regularly is the xt.
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:17 pm Is it time to hold hands and sing 'Kumbaya'? :D

Aksherly, given the number of motorbike riders (and ex motorbike riders) that have taken up bicycling the forum could be renamed 'Rev (or pedal) To The Limit'.

I, for one, welcome our 1.2hp (0.89kW) peak output brethren. :thumbup:
You hum it and I'll play it!

I've done both for many years. Cycling keeps me bike fit.

My watts per kg aren't too shabby for an olden either.

Fixed loads of e bikes but will hold off owning one for as long as possible.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

I currently have two bikes. And have become a full-on unashamed FWB.

I came back here when I started riding more, as I wanted to remind myself about all things two wheeled.

Originally I drifted away from the forums when I wasn't riding so much, and when I did I had IRL mates who rode. These days it's mostly just me.

As it happens, I finally left faceberk years ago now (technically I reactivated it to grab some photos recently, but I am not active there any more in the slightest) when somebody created a 'VD back in the day' group, and some twat posted a 20-years-old fuzzy cleavage pic there (not mine), and I just couldn't face the idea of the same old shit any more.

I almost never go in the current affairs forum here as there appear to be a different bunch of cunts in residence. Bike stuff I read, general inanities I contribute. That's yer lot.

I'd miss Iccy if he stopped posting. (He reminds me of Weeksy and Docca 😉)

But to the original question, yep, I ride. 👍
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I'd love to have a motorbike again and I could find the money if I really wanted to, but I don't think I'd find the time to ride it. If my wife passes her driving test and there's a need for a second vehicle then it might happen but for now it would be a pointless expense cluttering up my garage.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Mussels wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:31 am I'd love to have a motorbike again and I could find the money if I really wanted to, but I don't think I'd find the time to ride it. If my wife passes her driving test and there's a need for a second vehicle then it might happen but for now it would be a pointless expense cluttering up my garage.
Tsk. That's wrong thinking. A garage is for motorcycles,so you need to ruthlessly rid yourself of the other non motorcycle clutter,then there'll be plenty of room for a bike to sit unused. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955