In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
MingtheMerciless

Re: In todays news...

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Multiple deliberately burnt out fibre optic cables on 3 French High Speed Railway lines. This will not be a quick fix, it will involve multiple teams and testers as well as getting new cable to the sites. Just in time for the Olympics, I wonder who could have done it or sponsored it, maybe a state that's banned perhaps...?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cxe24vg59lzt
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:06 pm I wonder who could have done it...
Screenshot_20240726_125250.jpg
Screenshot_20240726_125250.jpg (223.66 KiB) Viewed 571 times
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:06 pm Multiple deliberately burnt out fibre optic cables on 3 French High Speed Railway lines. This will not be a quick fix, it will involve multiple teams and testers as well as getting new cable to the sites. Just in time for the Olympics, I wonder who could have done it or sponsored it, maybe a state that's banned perhaps...?

Looks most likely. From that BBC report:

In April, French president Emmanuel Macron said he had no doubt that Moscow would try to disrupt the Olympic Games in some way.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

mangocrazy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:40 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:06 pm Multiple deliberately burnt out fibre optic cables on 3 French High Speed Railway lines. This will not be a quick fix, it will involve multiple teams and testers as well as getting new cable to the sites. Just in time for the Olympics, I wonder who could have done it or sponsored it, maybe a state that's banned perhaps...?

In April, French president Emmanuel Macron said he had no doubt that Moscow would try to disrupt the Olympic Games in some way.
The BBC is also saying it has the hallmarks of left wing protestors but those protestors aren't thought to be organised enough to pull it off.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Mussels wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:51 pm

The BBC is also saying it has the hallmarks of left wing protestors but those protestors aren't thought to be organised enough to pull it off.
So you need right wingers to get the trains not to run on time?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

It's a tough one, isn't it? You want to be able to blame the 'left wingers', but it's clearly been a well thought out and carefully planned operation and you don't want to credit those bolshie left wingers with the nous to organise and pull it off (3 out of 4 ain't bad)... :)

What's a lick-arse news agency to do?
cheb

Post by cheb »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:17 am

It's a tough one, isn't it? You want to be able to blame the 'left wingers', but it's clearly been a well thought out and carefully planned operation and you don't want to credit those bolshie left wingers with the nous to organise and pull it off (3 out of 4 ain't bad)... :)

Maybe the left wing protestors are too busy infighting and sabotaging each others plans to actually concentrate on attacking their enemy. They do have previous form on this.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

cheb wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:21 am

Maybe the left wing protestors are too busy infighting and sabotaging each others plans to actually concentrate on attacking their enemy. They do have previous form on this.
I'd say that's a fair summary of the way both left and right wing minorities work. Just look at the current state of the Tories for confirmation.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

You've probably not heard about it, but today is the big, Uniting the Kingdom march from the Royal Courts of Justice to Trafalgar Square where there will be multiple speakers and live bands etc. To counter it other groups have organised marches. Big appeals rom the Uniting The Kingdom organisers (basically Tommy Robinson) to remain peaceful under provocation from the far left and point out infiltrators. No wearing face masks or getting pissed up etc. I wonder how this will end up and how the Met Police will behave, he asked knowingly...
Met Police wrote:There will be a visible policing presence in central London on Saturday with a number of events, including protests, due to take place.

Around 1,000 officers will be on duty supporting the policing operation with the majority of resources directed at the following three events:

A march organised by Tommy Robinson which will set off from outside the Royal Courts of Justice, ending in Trafalgar Square where a rally will take place.
A march organised by Stand Up To Racism and other groups as a counter protest to the above event. It will set off from Russell Square, ending in Whitehall where a rally will take place.
A Trans Pride event consisting of a march from Langham Place ending at Wellington Arch where speeches will take place.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:32 am

I'd say that's a fair summary of the way both left and right wing minorities work. Just look at the current state of the Tories for confirmation.
Are you using the Tories as an example of a right wing organisation? That's a bit of a stretch.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Saga Lout wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:15 am
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:32 am

Are you using the Tories as an example of a right wing organisation? That's a bit of a stretch.
The majority of what's left of the Tories can be characterised as right wing, yes. They've effectively driven all (or most) of the moderates out. The Brexit wars accounted for a lot of that idealogical cleansing, of course.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I don't think even the most extreme end of the Torry party would advocate setting fire to the railways. It would mean they have less value when they want to sell it to their mates.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

cheb wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:39 pm I don't think even the most extreme end of the Torry party would advocate setting fire to the railways. It would mean they have less value when they want to sell it to their mates.
But if they did, would they be more effective and better organised than their left-wing counterparts? Could they be trusted to do the job right?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:58 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:49 pm Copper giving a wrong 'un a shoeing.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjqep1ew419o

It's funny how the videos doing the rounds only show the copper giving the suspect a hoof in the nugget, not the actions of said miscreant that caused the female plod to get a broken schnozzer.

I actually think giving a scumbag a good hoofing should be mandatory. Teach the fuckers a lesson.
No actually sure Plod should be hoofing folk in the head like that, whatever his crimes. :wtf:
This should never be excusable and that copper needs to be dealt with. But the police force set that up, they created conditions for that to happen and they will try to will pile all of the blame on the individual.
There is a big problem with institutional police corruption, much more than a few rogue individuals, I don't think having elected PCCs set priorities is making anything better.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

This video shows the lead up to the copper kicking the kid in the head

demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Yorick wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:53 pm This video shows the lead up to the copper kicking the kid in the head

Looks to me like the copper took pet and smashed the blokes head against something then got pasted by the blokes mate, shit himself and tazed anyone within a wires length of himself.
He still looks like a thug to me.

Maybe we need a before the before video.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

TWOC'y lads.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Not as cut and dried as many would like it be be.

Keep it nice and stereotyped...nice and stereotyped...

Seems the plod tramping was more than justified.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Felix

Post by Felix »

Dont be cunts to the police and they may not be cunts back.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Felix wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:24 am Dont be cunts to the police and they may not be cunts back.
That works both ways and I believe is why police get very little public support where they need it most.