Total votes: 63

KungFooBob

Re: How many bikers in RTTL?

Post by KungFooBob »

How many 1%ers?
cheb

Post by cheb »

JackyJoll wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:20 pm Is it just about riding a bike or do we have to be a righteous bro?
I can't do the bro bit, can I do self instead?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:26 pm How many 1%ers?
There's one 2%er in the poll - does that make two x 1%ers?! :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:04 pm
Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:01 am I am an oddity
I have three bikes and I ride them
At the same time?

Impressive.
A real biker on this forum ;-)
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I've actually got three but only 2 on the road.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

JackyJoll wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:20 pm Is it just about riding a bike or do we have to be a righteous bro?
Lefteous if you prefer :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Felix

Post by Felix »

I have a non runner but actively looking for parts. Does that come under aye or naw?
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:28 am
We have a section called Modzone. This is where any bans/threads/issues are discussed between myself and the Mods and then decisions made on the actions taken. Obviously only myself and the mods see this section.
I'd probably re-read those conversations and then do the opposite of what was decided, because it's created what you have today and this is exactly the site I predicted that you'd end up with.

It's not the banter, the ming-mong, or even the politics (even though it's a left leaning site and anyone right of Tony Benn is going to get zero protection from the mods). It's the level of unpleasantness and unfiltered bias that is allowed, the collective bullying and hounding, or having people poke their nose into your private life and knowing that a moderator won't stop it.
It's not complicated, it just turns people off.

I have two bikes, I ride them infrequently because I'm busy and I find that sporty cars are more interesting, my theory is that bikes are cheap(er) for everything, transport, fun, thrills, etc, and when someone can afford cars that fulfil the same criteria then they mainly use their cars, the bikes become second choice. I can wizz around the country lanes in a sporty car and it's more practical, the wife prefers it, we can fit picnic stuff in, we have weather protection, etc.
The bikes are still there and fun sometimes, but the cars tick more boxes for me now I can buy ones that are as exciting as the bikes.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:23 am I'd probably re-read those conversations and then do the opposite of what was decided, because it's created what you have today and this is exactly the site I predicted that you'd end up with.
As i've said more than once. If i live or die by my decisions that's fine and dandy. I set the forum up with specific aims, goals and plans. The Politics section was allowed as i felt it's needed. That's not changed IMO.

However, as you'll now see, there's an option for people to Opt Out and never see the politics forum in any posts. If people don't choose to do that, that's on them not me.

Your prediction was correct, but what you miss is, there was no other solution. It's either in it's own section, or it's cluttering up the whole forum. Simply not discussing things like US/GB politics isn't really an option and certainly isn't what this forum was built for.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:23 am (even though it's a left leaning site and anyone right of Tony Benn is going to get zero protection from the mods).
I completely disagree with this. I don't give a toss what side of politics people sit on, i have no affiliation in any way shape or form to any side in politics. People get protected when they are being abused, and the abuser is dealt with by a ban. Screw'd got a 7 day ban a few weeks ago, not because of his posting style but because he swore and abused another member. It's that simple, black and white. Abuse=ban.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:35 am
Potter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:23 am (even though it's a left leaning site and anyone right of Tony Benn is going to get zero protection from the mods).
I completely disagree with this. I don't give a toss what side of politics people sit on, i have no affiliation in any way shape or form to any side in politics. People get protected when they are being abused, and the abuser is dealt with by a ban. Screw'd got a 7 day ban a few weeks ago, not because of his posting style but because he swore and abused another member. It's that simple, black and white. Abuse=ban.
IIRC he called someone that was hounding him a prick, that's all.
But you've allowed far, far worse to fly and done nothing.

Your circus and your monkeys, I told you what would happen and it's happened, if you still think you're right then we're wasting bandwidth even discussing it, just crack on.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:42 am
But you've allowed far, far worse to fly and done nothing.

Your circus and your monkeys, I told you what would happen and it's happened, if you still think you're right then we're wasting bandwidth even discussing it, just crack on.
You know what fella, if you don't like how it's being run, close the door on the way out.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

The comment I read was quite a bit worse than that - haven't seen a comment like the one that I read on here before, so maybe you missed the one that got the 'holiday'
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:43 am
You know what fella, if you don't like how it's being run, close the door on the way out.
I thought this is what you're trying to prevent? People leaving?

You even wrote a list of those who have done it, including me, then when I give my opinion you tell me to fuck off if I don't like it because you're going to do whatever you want anyway.

Ok.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:52 am

The comment I read was quite a bit worse than that - haven't seen a comment like the one that I read on here before, so maybe you missed the one that got the 'holiday'
It doesn't matter what got him the holiday in truth (posts like that are often deleted and to be honest i'm not going to waste my time finding them all), funnily enough he's had holidays WAY more than anyone else, i think there's only been 1 other and he's had 4-5. Doesn't that tell us something in itself ? It can sometimes not only be the actual post, but the posts leading up to it and the reactions that will come from it. Sometimes it's a bit of a slap to prove a point.

Simple fact is, he broke the rules, as decided by me... On that day, that time, he pissed me off and i responded. It can often depend what mood i'm in as to the reaction, like a referee :) Some days it'll be a yellow card, some days it's a red card... This was a red card and a ban

Is that all fair ? Heck i don't know, but i don't much care either :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:55 am I thought this is what you're trying to prevent? People leaving?
Ideally yes, but by the same token, i don't want people here who don't want to be here either. You seem to be unhappy with how the place is run, therefore maybe it's easier if you're somewhere else.

I want people to come here and be able to enjoy the place. I don't think you're enjoying it based upon your replies about how i do my job here.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:59 am
Potter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:55 am I thought this is what you're trying to prevent? People leaving?
Ideally yes, but by the same token, i don't want people here who don't want to be here either. You seem to be unhappy with how the place is run, therefore maybe it's easier if you're somewhere else.

I want people to come here and be able to enjoy the place. I don't think you're enjoying it based upon your replies about how i do my job here.
You've asked for opinions as if we're allowed to give them, then when I do you pull the "it's my site and you can fuck off if you're not happy" card.

It's not the site that I don't like, it's that you've driven off a large part of the community that has been together for about twenty years.
We stuck together throughout all the other years, but now people are leaving and you're wondering why.

Yeah I know, it's your site, if I don't like it....etc.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:44 am
weeksy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:59 am

You've asked for opinions as if we're allowed to give them, then when I do you pull the "it's my site and you can fuck off if you're not happy" card.

It's not the site that I don't like, it's that you've driven off a large part of the community that has been together for about twenty years.
We stuck together throughout all the other years, but now people are leaving and you're wondering why.

Yeah I know, it's your site, if I don't like it....etc.
1. No, i don't believe i asked
2. No i didn't tell you to fuck off either
3. I've driven them off ? Mmmmm so now it's my fault... I see.
Timmy

Post by Timmy »

I'm rating this thread a 10.

2 bikes and a moped here, not ridden any of them in years and should really sell them, just can't seem to get round to it.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Gone from doing 15-20k per year on a bike to about 3k per year post covid. Ho hum.