No votes
This doesn't matter as far as RTTL is concerned
2%

Total votes: 63

weeksy
Site Admin

Re: How many bikers in RTTL?

Post by weeksy »

Ian wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:25 am I have a few but only 2 on the road at the moment. I'm definitely here for the bikes, in fact top of my wishlist would be Weeksy implementing something to stop me looking in currant affairs because it gets me down but I can't help looking like passing a car crash.
I can fix that :)

I'd have to get some assistance from our tech nerd but i can block access to any particular field for any particular user/users. That's a pretty easy one to do.

We have a section called Modzone. This is where any bans/threads/issues are discussed between myself and the Mods and then decisions made on the actions taken. Obviously only myself and the mods see this section.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Good call, I remember that from my spell as a mod. Please do, anyone else ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Ian wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:30 am Good call, I remember that from my spell as a mod. Please do, anyone else ?
It would get slightly complex and a little off topic, i'd have to allow all users permissions to it and then remove if someone requested it.

If it's a serious consideration, put a post in the forum requests type area and i will either look into it when i've got an hour spare, or pay our tech guy to configure it. Obviously this isn't quite the right thread for that discussion, so better to take into it's own thread.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've three bikes in various states of shabbiness and non functionality.

TRC used to have a My Forum function where you could subscribe to whichever sections you chose. An ignore thread option would be good too. I realise you can only implement what's there but do the forum creators have a suggestion box?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

cheb wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:44 am I've three bikes in various states of shabbiness and non functionality.

TRC used to have a My Forum function where you could subscribe to whichever sections you chose. An ignore thread option would be good too. I realise you can only implement what's there but do the forum creators have a suggestion box?
There's a whole forum for PHPBB discssions.

I've started a thread to get interest in who wants in/out and we'll see.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewfor ... 54e487bf3e

I generally pay him £25 or so for doing work for us and we arguably need an update of the back-end to the latest version as we're 1-2 behind currently. So i'll have to add a bit on for re-configuring the forum structures. I don't believe we can have something where you can directly choose what you can or cannot see as a user, but we can do it so a section is hidden from users completely if requested.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

I have an old CBR 900(1995) and a new NC750X - recent house move has eaten into riding time but I'll keep both for the time being.
Bloody work gets in the way as well.
McNab

Post by McNab »

I've got a couple of bikes, both running and one I use to commute on the days I have to go into the office.

Bikes brought me to the forum, but it's the general 'bantz' and range of thread topics that keep me returning. I've joined other specific motorcycle/car/hobby forums but they seem to have a much narrower range that I get bored and rarely visit after the initial honeymoon period.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:14 am I have 2,an X-ADV and a CB1000R, but only cos i cant sell the CB1000R. I only use a bike for commuting and never just go for a ride anymore. Once the CB is sold i'll not replace it, although I do sometimes get the i wants for a 2 stroke with expansion chambers on, but I know in reality it'll just end up sitting unused under a cover in the garden like the CB is.
I am in a similar situation, have 2 bikes both with mot & tax, trying to sell 1 but only had timewasters so far,
would love an an AC RD or X7 but never will so am content looking at them on YT :thumbup:
dern

Post by dern »

You’ve asked in the bike section so the answer will be affected by that. If you ask in the politics section and add the “I don’t have a bike but I love being an obstreperous prick towards people I don’t know” you might get a more accurate picture.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:01 am I am an oddity
I have three bikes and I ride them
At the same time?

Impressive.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Ian wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:25 am I have a few but only 2 on the road at the moment. I'm definitely here for the bikes, in fact top of my wishlist would be Weeksy implementing something to stop me looking in currant affairs because it gets me down but I can't help looking like passing a car crash.
I use the 'new posts' option,so I see posts/threads in current affairs that I sometimes read,but I rarely feel moved to contribute. Maybe it's easier for me Ian,since I hold no strong feeling on the topic of politics,so I have no compulsion to set the world to rights. I can understand for those who have a passion for righting the wrongs in society,it may be difficult to resist getting involved.
We all know it's an adult thing to debate opinions and we also know it ought not to get personal,but knowing something and practicing it are often two different things!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

dern wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:55 pm You’ve asked in the bike section so the answer will be affected by that. If you ask in the politics section and add the “I don’t have a bike but I love being an obstreperous prick towards people I don’t know” you might get a more accurate picture.
:obscene-birdiedoublered:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I quite enjoy the diverse topics and posts. Ignore if you wish I work by.

I'm quite fortunate mind, most folk have a different opinion to me, so I'm quite hardened to it. 🙂👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:52 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:14 am I have 2,an X-ADV and a CB1000R, but only cos i cant sell the CB1000R. I only use a bike for commuting and never just go for a ride anymore. Once the CB is sold i'll not replace it, although I do sometimes get the i wants for a 2 stroke with expansion chambers on, but I know in reality it'll just end up sitting unused under a cover in the garden like the CB is.
I am in a similar situation, have 2 bikes both with mot & tax, trying to sell 1 but only had timewasters so far,
would love an an AC RD or X7 but never will so am content looking at them on YT :thumbup:
Got a few people who want my Cb but cant sell their bikes first! D'oH! Past half way of the biking season, so somebody better hurry up or its going away for another winter loL!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:53 pm Got a few people who want my Cb but cant sell their bikes first! D'oH! Past half way of the biking season, so somebody better hurry up or its going away for another winter loL!
I know you don't see the cycling section but it's not just motorbikes. The guy i swapped my last bike with in Jan put it up for sale that day, Jan16th. It's still for sale now and personally i don't think it's a bad price at all.
Stuff is properly hard to sell now.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:53 pm Got a few people who want my Cb but cant sell their bikes first! D'oH! Past half way of the biking season, so somebody better hurry up or its going away for another winter loL!
It'll be a classic 'barn find' in another 30 years. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ogri

Post by ogri »

Sold my last bike a few months ago, rheumatoid arthris makes it difficult to use the brakes/clutch and throttle at times and for longer than 20 odd minutes on a good day. May try an auto scooter, sh300 etc, to see if i can ride for more than 10-20 minutes.

edited for shpelling ;)
Ignorance is bliss
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

dern wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:55 pm You’ve asked in the bike section so the answer will be affected by that. If you ask in the politics section and add the “I don’t have a bike but I love being an obstreperous prick towards people I don’t know” you might get a more accurate picture.
I thought it only fair. It's the 'other place 'that's driven my asking.

Equally we could have a poll and post about the name of the forum.

Retired To The Limit?
Reviled TTL
Rumbustuous TFL
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I have a bike I can't register here :( :( But the use of a friend's bike for now.

Sadly it's not one I'd want to buy (wayyyyy too top heavy for someone with a spazzy arm :roll: :roll: ) but I do have a want list :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

I do really need a garage or use of one all year round as there is often the possibility to ride a bike in the winter, but the garage I can use in winter isn't easy to get a bike out of, in winter!! :lol:

But for the last seven years it's been odd to all myself a biker as I've barely ridden, but I still love this place :D :D I get some bike kicks from it, learn about cars and watches!! :lol:

Most of all it's sort of like a local pub to me - a dry, online version!! LOL Lots of mad internet weirdos, but you're awesome :wub: :wub:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Is it just about riding a bike or do we have to be a righteous bro?