This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
cheb

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by cheb »

That never ceases to amuse.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:16 pm
Hoonercat wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:22 pm
I've just been reminded of future president Trump's thoughtful and expert analysis of the CrowdStrike allegations which dated back to 2016.
I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people ... The server, they say Ukraine has it.
BTW that was the serving President of the US talking to the President of Ukraine about a conspiracy that originated on 4Chan 3 years earlier, without the slightest bit of proof. But he believed it.
And if that doesn't convince you that he should be the next president of the USA, I don't know what will.
...and if you remove the "Trump therefore must be wrong" filter, it does indicate something fishy with CrowdStrike. WTF are they doing in Ukraine anyway? Are you suggesting they were not?
You're obviously suggestimg that CrowdStrike are in Ukraine, as well as being owned by a Ukrainian. Maybe you could start by furnishing us with some evidence? (I believe Dazzle has already asked for a source, did you reply?) Trump doesn't appear to have any answers.
Trump:
The server, they say Ukraine has it.
Trump:
A lot of it had to do, they say, with Ukraine," he began, before alleging that the country has the DNC server that was hacked in 2016.
Fox News' Steve Doocy on Friday pressed the president on whether he was "sure" about the claims.
“Are you sure they did that? Are you sure they gave it to Ukraine?” he asked of the DNC server.

Trump: “Well, that’s what the word is," Trump said.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:23 am Oops.

Project Gnome vented radioactive steam over the very press gallery that was called to confirm its safety. The next blast, a 104-kiloton detonation at Yucca Flat, Nevada, displaced 12 million tons of soil and resulted in a radioactive dust cloud that rose 12,000 feet [3,700 m] and plumed toward the Mississippi River. Other consequences – blighted land, relocated communities, tritium-contaminated water, radioactivity, and fallout from debris being hurled high into the atmosphere – were ignored and downplayed until the program was terminated in 1977, due in large part to public opposition.
St George, Utah is a great place to buy a home if you want to glow in the dark.
Horse

Post by Horse »

The Mythbusters cement truck was good :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Cheatle just quit her job, she'd have been fired before noon...
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:45 pm Cheatle just quit her job, she'd have been fired before noon...
The phrase 'untenable position' is oft thrown around, but in her case, bang on.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:47 pm The phrase 'untenable position' is oft thrown around, but in her case, bang on.
I think it was Comer who told her to "go back to guarding Doritos" yesterday :) One of the women at the hearing told her straight to her face that she was "full of shit".
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:12 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:47 pm The phrase 'untenable position' is oft thrown around, but in her case, bang on.
I think it was Comer who told her to "go back to guarding Doritos" yesterday :) One of the women at the hearing told her straight to her face that she was "full of shit".
What's the reference to Doritos? :wtf:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:24 pm What's the reference to Doritos? :wtf:
She was head of global security for PepsiCo for three years. That's one of their brands. :lol:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:33 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:24 pm What's the reference to Doritos? :wtf:
She was head of global security for PepsiCo for three years. That's one of their brands. :lol:
There was me thinking the head of the Secret Service would be recruited from within Govt. security agencies, having a solid career in that field.... :wtf:

Edit:
My bad - she did:
"Kimberly Cheatle had nearly three decades of experience in the US Secret Service.

She first joined the Secret Service in 1995. During her time as an agent, Cheatle she was involved in evacuating then-Vice-President Dick Cheney from the White House - which many feared was in danger -during the 11 September, 2001 attacks.

She later went on to become supervisor of Joe Biden’s protective detail when he was vice-president, before becoming the deputy assistant director of protective operations.

Cheatle was the first woman to serve in that role, which oversees the safeguarding of the president and other VIPs.

After a short stint in the private sector working for PepsiCo, Cheatle was appointed to her current post of director by President Joe Biden in 2022."
Last edited by gremlin on Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Hoonercat wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:49 pm You're obviously suggestimg that CrowdStrike are in Ukraine, as well as being owned by a Ukrainian. Maybe you could start by furnishing us with some evidence? (I believe Dazzle has already asked for a source, did you reply?) Trump doesn't appear to have any answers.
No I can't. Looks like I was wrong to jump to conclusions.

There are a number of connections but they appear to be circumstantial.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:43 pm
Hoonercat wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:49 pm You're obviously suggestimg that CrowdStrike are in Ukraine, as well as being owned by a Ukrainian. Maybe you could start by furnishing us with some evidence? (I believe Dazzle has already asked for a source, did you reply?) Trump doesn't appear to have any answers.

And about the convicts who were actually not kept prisoner for longer to perform work?
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:49 pm

And about the convicts who were actually not kept prisoner for longer to perform work?
Never said that. I seem to recall there was some situation as you describe though so I could probably find a source.

I did say:
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 pm Calling her a useless dimwit is being generous. Everybody knows how and why she got the job even though no one dare say it. The truth is the situation is far worse, promoted way beyond her abilities, she is next in line when JB pops his clogs.
Several years ago. Can't argue with that. (though you actually did...)
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:25 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:49 pm

Never said that. I seem to recall there was some situation as you describe though so I could probably find a source.

I did say:
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:39 pm Calling her a useless dimwit is being generous. Everybody knows how and why she got the job even though no one dare say it. The truth is the situation is far worse, promoted way beyond her abilities, she is next in line when JB pops his clogs.
Several years ago. Can't argue with that. (though you actually did...)
Apologies, that was the other radical :banana-dance:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

And as my alter ego:
DEADPOOL wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 am
I am of the opinion Biden is a puppet like no other world leader in history. He is owned by a conglomeration which includes big tech and the CCP. I don't see him lasting long and I don't just mean the obvious signs of Parkinson's.

Kamala Harris is a joke but a really unfunny, extreme left wing joke. She's next in line! I **think** there is some sort of mechanism by which the speaker for the house has the opportunity to step in as president if the POTUS is removed on health grounds.

If Pelosi gets in, that really performs an incredible trick of making a disastrous situation even worse!

May you live in interesting times.
DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:28 pm Yea, can't disagree, though I would suggest a far higher number of those who couldn't be bothered to vote have no idea that they actually did.

But more importantly, the best thing about Trump was he was a terrible politician, arguably not even a real politician. He is probably morally bankrupt and as corrupt as most businessmen. But he actually didn't do such a bad job. I seem to recall he's not even a "real" Republican but decided to play that role as the better bet for getting voted in.

OTOH Biden is infinitely worse and is quite likely going to end up bankrupting America. I don't see him lasting 6 months before Parkinsons' gets the better of him and he's put out to pasture. He would struggle to have a conversation without a teleprompter or a live feed in his earpiece telling him what to say. Kamala Harris is probably going to make things worse!

Anyhow, the main thrust of my argument is not about Trump, Biden or democrat vs. Republican, it's the nature of the democratic process itself and the reporting of it. Without a solid set of rules with robustly enforced checks and balances, especially when it comes to media bias and the extreme power of big tech, it is democracy in name only.
I stand by everything I have said about Kamala.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:30 pm Apologies, that was the other radical :banana-dance:
What! There's another one!!

If there's anything more important than my ego on this ship, I want it caught and shot right now.
Zaphod Beeblebrox:
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Lol quoting yourself who wasn't yourself but really was.

That's the definition of an ego.

Still confuses me a little though that you're trying to prove your worth by being 'right' all the time.

Can't you just enjoy the forum for a place to chat with old mates, instead of trying to score points on a thread for a country you don't even live in.
There's a reason people have left and post less. It's not just because of a lack of love for bikes
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

cheb wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:29 am I look forward to these things being tested again in the next few months

Real live data on what a tactical nuke does.
A German "joke" from the Cold War. What's the definition of a tactical nuke? "One the lands in Germany"
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:57 pm Lol quoting yourself who wasn't yourself but really was.

That's the definition of an ego.

Still confuses me a little though that you're trying to prove your worth by being 'right' all the time.

Can't you just enjoy the forum for a place to chat with old mates, instead of trying to score points on a thread for a country you don't even live in.
There's a reason people have left and post less. It's not just because of a lack of love for bikes
You know why I took the alias of DEADPOOL. Among other reasons it was because of the extreme and boringly automatic response to the Screwdriver alias. Coupled with my questionable habit for posting true stories about my life which would incessantly lead to targeted off-topic personal attacks.

Who are we missing that I have driven away? Easy to make such an outrageous comment, more difficult to justify.

I am not so concerned about being right "all the time" as you suggest. In fact if you look at an example, you will discover I am actually having to defend my sanity rather than my stated opinion. There are certain forum members who constantly attack the person rather than address the issue.

A great example for this is "CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!" which is quite incredibly moronic for a number of reasons.

1. Maybe I am literally describing an actual conspiracy, like the entire mainstream media hiding Joe Bidens obvious dementia in which case the retort is meaningless except to suggest the poster believes the opposite and it's just a useless personal insult.

2. It completely fails to address the issue or the topic of the stated opinion. If such a comment is "lunatic conspiracy theory nonsense" then why not offer an opinion which refutes the statement or god forbid, some evidence which suggests the poster is incorrect?

So If people are "sick and tired of the same old nonsense" like, ohh, I dunno, "the Biden Mafia", it should be super easy to refute such an outrageous statement. But then you look at the meaning of a "mafia" operation along with say, the contents of the Biden family bank accounts, you will discover it is very difficult to present a reasoned argument against invoking such a term.

I stand to be corrected. So rather than simply scream "conspiracy theorist" at some of my posts, offer an opinion of your own. This is why I return to so many of my posts which transpired to be correct, not because I am some latter day Nostradamus but simply because a large number of forum members are playing the man and not the ball. I can see why this would be unpopular because nobody likes to be proved wrong. Not just wrong about <the topic in hand> but wrong in going for personal insults.

Here's a great example regarding the infamous "Is Russia just about to invade Ukraine?"

...and here's your post days before they actually did:
weeksy wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:26 pm
DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:23 pm

If it can happen there, it can happen here.
It already is, you're our Trump. You just don't see it yet :)

And I only picked that one because you're in it and I think it is hilarious. There are plenty to choose from. But here's the rub. I am not suggesting I am amazing or "look see I'm right - again" rather I am highlighting the fact that so many people were ignoring the topic under discussion and going for the personal insult. So "another example" of where the "conspiracy nutter" is eventually proved to be rather more prescient. \

I mean, how many years has it been now I have been saying Biden is/was showing obvious signs of dementia/Parkinsons and that this should have people wondering just exactly who is actually in charge?

I am probably the only one on here who really knows how often such a comment will elicit a personal insult rather than any sort of reasoned argument. Skip forwards a few years and like the Emperors New Clothes, suddenly everyone can see it now the MSM have changed your mind for you...

Anyhow, about these missing posters. Name one.
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P, IanB, Trinity, Tomcat, Derek Badger, Docca, Editor, Green man, Claude, Fromage barely posts now, currently Potter who's AWOL, Dern who rarely posts now, Tricky hardly bothers.

It's not 'you' as you seem to think I implied but it's these topics, the bitterness, the decision, the point scoring time and time again. It's the poisonous attitudes of many which have driven countless away.
I don't believe all of these just gave up on bikes and forums so something is driving them away.
I expect it's many reasons but I could go on and on and show you pretty bar graphs of posts, visits etc.

But I have no doubt in my mind that the Biden, Trump, Politics stuff plays a big factor

Sadly due to the reality of the world, current affairs sections need to stay, so they don't clutter up the rest of the forum. But I'd argue they take away more than they give back.