This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by weeksy »

God help us if the bar by which we're setting 'reasoned arguments' are you and Irie.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:37 am Screwdriver gets a 7 day holiday for this post...You know the rules by now guys.
Worth it though. Sadly @weeksy I couldn't pick your brains over the extraordinary coincidence regarding the recent CrowdStrike incident.

You know they run the democratic party election servers? The ones that were allegedly "hacked" in a "Russian disinformation" campaign?

Turns out the company is based in Ukraine (not Texas!), owned by a Ukrainian billionaire.

What a coincidence don'tcha think? Biden fingerprints all over it and the subject of the infamous Trump telephone call to Zelensky. The one he was impeached for for daring to try and find out what the fuck Biden was up to.

What was the nature of the outage? What they were up to now they no longer need Biden and the instant he is no longer going to be installed again as a "president". Covering their tracks?

What next I wonder? Will the Biden mafia now be outed for the rather obvious corruption? Or will it be more profitable to just start WW3 and reset the game?

CONSPIRACY!! :roll:
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:03 pm God help us if the bar by which we're setting 'reasoned arguments' are you and Irie.
Smite the pair of em :thumbup:

Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:53 pmNever mind all of my "conspiracy theories" appear to play out and turn into reality.
But they don't. None of them do.

This is false equivalence on an epic scale. If you predict that 'they' (whatever shadowy organisation this is) will 'murder' trump and then some years later some nutjob kid takes a potshot at him, it doesn't prove your conspiracy theory correct, it proves that there are nutjobs with guns in the US. Who knew? The end result doesn't prove the same mechanism (which is actually the core of the conspiracy theory), not in any way whatsoever.

Likewise 'them' (them again) 'dumping Biden before the election' has the same result as Biden deciding to stand down, but that's as far as it goes.

This is all exactly the same as claiming god will rise up and strike down some guy or other for his sins, and then ten years later he dies of cancer. Run around claiming this is proof of god's power all you like, but this is just medieval peasant logic.
Last edited by Slenver on Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:13 pm Turns out the company is based in Ukraine (not Texas!), owned by a Ukrainian billionaire.
Source?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrowdStrike

CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc. is an American cybersecurity technology company based in Austin, Texas. It provides endpoint security, threat intelligence, and cyberattack response services.[3].

One of the founders IS a chap by the name of Dmitri Alperovitch, who is/was Russian - not Ukrainian - but moved to the US in 1994 and is now a naturalised citizen.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Slenver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:33 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:53 pmNever mind all of my "conspiracy theories" appear to play out and turn into reality.
But they don't. None of them do.

This is false equivalence on an epic scale. If you predict that 'they' (whatever shadowy organisation this is) will 'murder' trump and then some years later some nutjob kid takes a potshot at him, doesn't prove your conspiracy theory correct, it proves that there are nutjobs with guns in the US. Who knew?
Oh, you mean this:
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:38 pm What worries me more is this charade is too obvious now but the shadowy administration-behind-the-scenes do not appear to be really doing anything except propping up Bidens corpse. This is a group of massively wealthy people, keen to carry on going until they own everything. I don't believe for one minute they don't have a contingencyplan. Trump is going to walk this election by a mile. They can't use the same tactics last time to cheat the election. I fear something darker.
21 days- not years. Ironically this was made in response to your assertion at the time that Biden was in control of the USA and not merely a puppet. You went on to suggest that perhaps some of the secretarial staff were running the country. Which is of course hilarious.

Have you changed your mind now that the mainstream media have told you it's ok?

If you'd like me to compile a list of some others, I'd be happy. Like the "Is Russia about to invade Ukraine" thread (when I was being @DEADPOOL)

Careful now. A lot of people ended up with egg on their face when that kicked off - as I suggested it might.
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Still, at least we don't have to listen to "Biden is a criminal mastermind stuff" hysterical conspiracy anymore, that rhetoric finally faded out when it became easier just to point out Biden's increasing decrepitude. I think even Trump started to feel sorry for him.

Looking forward to President Harris though. Now I wonder what beef Trump and his redneck battalion could possibly have with her? :roll:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:13 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:37 am Screwdriver gets a 7 day holiday for this post...You know the rules by now guys.
Worth it though. Sadly @weeksy I couldn't pick your brains over the extraordinary coincidence regarding the recent CrowdStrike incident.

You know they run the democratic party election servers? The ones that were allegedly "hacked" in a "Russian disinformation" campaign?

Turns out the company is based in Ukraine (not Texas!), owned by a Ukrainian billionaire.

What a coincidence don'tcha think? Biden fingerprints all over it and the subject of the infamous Trump telephone call to Zelensky. The one he was impeached for for daring to try and find out what the fuck Biden was up to.

What was the nature of the outage? What they were up to now they no longer need Biden and the instant he is no longer going to be installed again as a "president". Covering their tracks?

What next I wonder? Will the Biden mafia now be outed for the rather obvious corruption? Or will it be more profitable to just start WW3 and reset the game?

CONSPIRACY!! :roll:
If you knew more about the coding and issue, then No.
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:03 pm God help us if the bar by which we're setting 'reasoned arguments' are you and Irie.
I find it mildly entertaining because in reality it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. You may as well get exercised/offended by gravity for what little you can do about it.

So, keep up the argument, counter argument, conspiracy theories and give me a daily chuckle :obscene-birdiedoublered:

No offence meant to the protagonists. I'm certain you're actually nice guys really.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:49 pm Oh, you mean this:

1. the shadowy administration-behind-the-scenes do not appear to be really doing anything except propping up Bidens corpse.
2. This is a group of massively wealthy people, keen to carry on going until they own everything.
3. Trump is going to walk this election by a mile
4. They can't use the same tactics last time to cheat the election
5. I fear something darker.
OK... yes?

I see 5 claims/predictions there. I don't see anything proven to be true in any viable sense. The best chance you've got there is that trump will win the election... which as a pretty much 50/50 bet doesn't exactly you make you Nostradamus, does it?
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:49 pm Ironically this was made in response to your assertion at the time that Biden was in control of the USA and not merely a puppet.

You went on to suggest that perhaps some of the secretarial staff were running the country. Which is of course hilarious.
It's not 'ironic', no. And no, I didn't go to suggest that 'some of the secretarial staff were running the country' in any way whatsoever. I said that any world leader is aided by a team of advisors and experts who contribute to a decision-making process. Which is both true and still my opinion, yes.

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:49 pm Have you changed your mind now that the mainstream media have told you it's ok?
No? About what? And what has 'the mainstream media' told me?

It's like you're trying as hard as you possibly can to turn everything into something suspicious, you're now just seeing shadows wherever you look.

Screwd: Shadowy elite members of society are sneaking into privately-held underground business headquarters after dark to consume flesh by the cover of night. You won't find anything about this in the mainstream media because their Jewish paymasters have forced them to destroy all the evidence.

The reality: Man buys a pie and chips for his tea. It doesn't make the newspapers.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:53 pmNice try but I am not about to let you steal my thunder. Nice to see our little "conspiracy theorist" club has a new member. Be nice if you could give credit where credit is due.

As I said over a month ago:
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:19 pm Obviously they have some sort of backup plan and were never going to allow Biden to run for office.
:hmmm: Hmmm... 23 days. You mean less than a month ago, right?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:49 pm Careful now. A lot of people ended up with egg on their face when that kicked off - as I suggested it might.
You know this is just a motorbike loosely related forum don't you? You're not changing governments here, just chatting shit with other people bored at home
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:35 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:13 pm Turns out the company is based in Ukraine (not Texas!), owned by a Ukrainian billionaire.
Source?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrowdStrike

CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc. is an American cybersecurity technology company based in Austin, Texas. It provides endpoint security, threat intelligence, and cyberattack response services.[3].

One of the founders IS a chap by the name of Dmitri Alperovitch, who is/was Russian - not Ukrainian - but moved to the US in 1994 and is now a naturalised citizen.
I can feel a 'Why should I do the hard work for you, go find it yourself' coming on...

Anyways, Buzzfeed's Ryan Broderick:
So on the Internet, things move really fast. It's like a huge game of telephone. So once this firm caught the attention of the far-right online, they discovered that it was owned by a Russian American man who had previously done some work for a think tank called the Atlantic Council (snip)...It does research on misinformation and digital warfare, things like that.
And there's a Ukrainian oligarch who was on one of the advisory boards for the Atlantic Council. And it seems somewhere along the line, the Ukrainian oligarch became the owner of CrowdStrike. This is not true, of course. But when things are moving so fast online, facts start to combine together, and it becomes very confusing.
It's a common misconception that there is some sort of missing server from the DNC hack, but it's not true. The hack involved 140 cloud-based servers, and they were all decommissioned in 2016. There was no single server that was, you know, stolen in the dead of night and smuggled to the Ukraine or something. This was based on a fundamental misunderstanding of both the technology involved and the firm involved.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Slenver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:04 pm
The reality: Man buys a pie and chips for his tea. It doesn't make the newspapers.
If Man had bought fish and chips instead, they would have been in the papers.

Fate is so fickle. Butterfly here, food choice there ;)

Re assassination attempts, it's a fair guess that someone will have a go sometime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _and_plots , noting it includes previous plots or attempts on both Trump and Biden.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Horse wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:21 pm If Man had bought fish and chips instead, they would have been in the papers.
Very good :)
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Hoonercat wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:10 pm
I can feel a 'Why should I do the hard work for you, go find it yourself' coming on...

Well obviously I need to look a bit closer. Like I said, I was going to ask Weeksy who I think does some IT stuff.

Interesting though that the DNC servers, lack of transparency, involvement in election interference and Russian/Ukraine link (whatever it may be) is not disputed. It's more about the details which I suppose are important in this case though I wouldn't go out of my way to trust anything that came out of Russia.

You're right it does need more than a "spidey sense" and I have to accept the scant information I have seen is definitely on the lunatic fringe of "news" outlets.

Hey ho. can't win 'em all. Obviously just a coincidence mixed up with actual conspiracy theory!

It will become increasingly difficult to establish any sort of "truth" when the people who run the apparatus of the internet really don't want anyone to know it. So I'll just stick with - failed assassination and Bidens sudden departure being coincident with a major outage of a "security" company involved with the DNC server fiasco -with a bit of Russia thrown in for good measure.

That should be enough to at least merit some further consideration. I'll have a deeper look later.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:42 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:49 pm Careful now. A lot of people ended up with egg on their face when that kicked off - as I suggested it might.
You know this is just a motorbike loosely related forum don't you? You're not changing governments here, just chatting shit with other people bored at home
Yeah I think I might just be bored too. I need a new hobby.
Plato
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:42 pm
Oi. Some of us are working... ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:26 pm
It will become increasingly difficult to establish any sort of "truth" when the people who run the apparatus of the internet really don't want anyone to know it. So I'll just stick with - failed assassination and Bidens sudden departure being coincident with a major outage of a "security" company involved with the DNC server fiasco -with a bit of Russia thrown in for good measure.
I think conflating these totally unrelated incidents just makes the individual cospiracy theories worse.

Biden's demise was seen coming from outer space, the apparently censored, media and everyone else has been talking about it for years.
Trump's assassination was a lone gunman who nearly got lucky. There's as much evidence of it being a Trump-funded publicity stunt as there is a Biden-funded assassinsation.
Crowdstrike was just an outage of the type that happens every day, albeit slightly more impactful than normal. And, if anything, all it proves is how resilient Microsoft is - I.T.-paid-terrorists need to pick slightly softer targets and do their homework better.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

I've just been reminded of future president Kamala Harris's thoughtful and expert analysis of the war in the Ukraine:

"So, Ukraine is a country in Europe.
"It exists next to another country called Russia,
"Russia is a bigger country.
"Russia is a powerful country.
"Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine.
"So, basically, that’s wrong, and it goes against everything that we stand for.”

And if that doesn't convince you that she should be the next president of the USA, I don't know what will.

BTW That was to a room full of adults, not five year olds.