This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
wheelnut

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by wheelnut »

irie wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:03 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:20 pm Biden just canceled his Vegas appearance & is off home to his basement as he has covid again.

Thinking maybe he will become "too ill" to continue his campaign...
Biden will be gone by the end of this month ... pure hunch, nothing more.
I did think that. Not so much now. I’m starting to think the dems are viewing 24 as a lost cause and no one wants to be beaten by Trump. Saving it for 28 now.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Saga Lout wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:28 pm If I overheard somebody talking about the presidential candidates but didn't hear what went before:
Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:22 pm I wouldn't suggest he's playing anything particularly cleverly as such. The man's an utter moron who can barely string a sentence together.
Sleepy Creepy Joe, I reckon. Let's listen a bit more:
Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:22 pm But he knows that whining, playing the victim, and repeating lies over and over works with his cult members. You can teach a 4 year-old that. In fact, all 4 year-olds do this instinctively!
Yes, definitely Biden.
You are of course more than welcome to keep playing that game, and I hope it makes you feel better, but I don't think it'll work on anybody else tbh.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:22 pm
wheelnut wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:11 pm
Slenver wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:37 pm
I wasn't going for any theory other than someone shot at him and it grazed his ear.

I'm sure that technically that counts at 'being shot' (and I'd definitely say it did if it happened to me!) and I was clearly being flippant in response to Tiepin's post, but let's be honest here... he'll milk that fucking bandage for all its worth! It's literally the best thing that's ever happened to him since his dad gave him $400m to play at business.
Fwiw, I think Trump is playing this very cleverly, he’s playing the unity card and showing how politically astute he is.
I wouldn't suggest he's playing anything particularly cleverly as such. The man's an utter moron who can barely string a sentence together.

But he knows that whining, playing the victim, and repeating lies over and over works with his cult members. You can teach a 4 year-old that. In fact, all 4 year-olds do this instinctively!
Moron, lol! He turned a £300 million inheritance into a $6billion+ empire and achieved the highest office in the free world. I'd say he's a bit smarter than your average Joe!
Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Noggin wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:24 pm
Surely, given Covid is still highly infectious, the proper thing to do if diagnosed is to stay home? And since he's in his 80's, if it is covid, there's a fairly big risk to him if he doesn't rest up for the duration
Don't worry, he's had multiple effective vaccines that stops Covid in its tracks.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Timmy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:22 am
Surely, given Covid is still highly infectious, the proper thing to do if diagnosed is to stay home? And since he's in his 80's, if it is covid, there's a fairly big risk to him if he doesn't rest up for the duration
Don't worry, he's had multiple effective vaccines that stops Covid in its tracks.
Oh right. I thought vaccines just helped reduce the effect of a virus and increased the population's ability to fight them. Didn't realise a vaccine stopped a virus in it's tracks!! Woohoo!

:lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:38 am
Oh right. I thought vaccines just helped reduce the effect of a virus and increased the population's ability to fight them. Didn't realise a vaccine stopped a virus in it's tracks!! Woohoo!

I'm just repeating what we were told, were you not listening?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Timmy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:46 am
Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:38 am

I'm just repeating what we were told, were you not listening?
Generally? No!! LOL Seems to work better than way! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Timmy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:46 am I'm just repeating what we were told, were you not listening?
Well, someone wasn't.
Timmy

Post by Timmy »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:49 am
Timmy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:46 am I'm just repeating what we were told, were you not listening?
Well, someone wasn't.
Otex is very reasonably priced if you need any.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

And that's the key to the Whitehouse door! :lol:

Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:03 am Moron, lol! He turned a £300 million inheritance into a $6billion+ empire and achieved the highest office in the free world. I'd say he's a bit smarter than your average Joe!
Well, kind of... he took the companies he inherited and the $400m and made that grow... as has been often pointed out though, if he'd just stuck that money in the stock money he'd likely have made way more. Most of his businesses have been spectacular failures, often ending in lawsuits, bankruptcies, unpaid debts and scandals.

He's currently valued at Forbes at $7.1bn, but most of that is shares in Truth Social which has a very high theoretical value due to some oddities I barely understand, and is hardly down to any business acumen on his behalf.. it's just a way of him bypassing existing social media so he can lie to his cultists and grovel for more cash. If you ignore that $5.6bn, you're left with under $2bn. So he's managed to increase the size of his wealth by 5 times in 40+ years! Jeez, I mean, I've invested some money in shares and made around 15x my investment in around 10 years, so I must be 12 times as good at business as he is, and I've done fuck all!

Of course, we could just look at his tax and business records, right, to prove how rich he really is? Well, no, because he refuses to release them and tries to sue anyone that tries, for some reason, not that he has anything to hide of course.

As for not being a moron... have you heard him try to form a sentence? And why then did his professor at uni repeatedly tell people that "Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had," and one of his secretaries of state reportedly say he was "a fucking moron"?

Of course, we could just look at his university records, right, to prove how well he did? Well, no, because he's threatened them with legal action if they ever release them, for some reason, not that he has anything to hide of course.

I'll just leave you with a couple of typical Trump quotes that show his true genius... the knowledge, the expertise, the eloquence....!

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that."

I'd suggest to you that the man has the emotional development of, say, a 12 year old, and an IQ of around 90-100. He just happened to be born into incredible wealth, and given a company and an extraordinary amount of money to play with, much of which he's lost due to incompetence and fraud. The fact that he's rich now isn't that relevant... he was born a millionaire.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Are the people who want him to release his tax records also willing to release theirs? And if not why not?

Not that it bothers me either way, it just seems an easy way to score points in ming mong tennis.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Any man that can wear a tie down to his knees gets my vote.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

cheb wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:20 pm Are the people who want him to release his tax records also willing to release theirs? And if not why not?

Not that it bothers me either way, it just seems an easy way to score points in ming mong tennis.
Pretty much, yes. Every president since Nixon has voluntarily, including Biden, and many (but not all) senior roles in cabinet, sub-Cabinet-level positions in the Treasury Department, Social Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and other agencies have to by law.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Slenver wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:16 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:03 am Moron, lol! He turned a £300 million inheritance into a $6billion+ empire and achieved the highest office in the free world. I'd say he's a bit smarter than your average Joe!
Well, kind of... he took the companies he inherited and the $400m and made that grow... as has been often pointed out though, if he'd just stuck that money in the stock money he'd likely have made way more. Most of his businesses have been spectacular failures, often ending in lawsuits, bankruptcies, unpaid debts and scandals.

He's currently valued at Forbes at $7.1bn, but most of that is shares in Truth Social which has a very high theoretical value due to some oddities I barely understand, and is hardly down to any business acumen on his behalf.. it's just a way of him bypassing existing social media so he can lie to his cultists and grovel for more cash. If you ignore that $5.6bn, you're left with under $2bn. So he's managed to increase the size of his wealth by 5 times in 40+ years! Jeez, I mean, I've invested some money in shares and made around 15x my investment in around 10 years, so I must be 12 times as good at business as he is, and I've done fuck all!

Of course, we could just look at his tax and business records, right, to prove how rich he really is? Well, no, because he refuses to release them and tries to sue anyone that tries, for some reason, not that he has anything to hide of course.

As for not being a moron... have you heard him try to form a sentence? And why then did his professor at uni repeatedly tell people that "Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had," and one of his secretaries of state reportedly say he was "a fucking moron"?

Of course, we could just look at his university records, right, to prove how well he did? Well, no, because he's threatened them with legal action if they ever release them, for some reason, not that he has anything to hide of course.

I'll just leave you with a couple of typical Trump quotes that show his true genius... the knowledge, the expertise, the eloquence....!

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that."

I'd suggest to you that the man has the emotional development of, say, a 12 year old, and an IQ of around 90-100. He just happened to be born into incredible wealth, and given a company and an extraordinary amount of money to play with, much of which he's lost due to incompetence and fraud. The fact that he's rich now isn't that relevant... he was born a millionaire.
He's a businessman as well as an investor. They don't just leave money in stocks & shares. He used his acumen and increased his wealth dramatically . He's everything from a property developer to a venture capitalist. He changed zoning laws in NYC to suit his developments. He brought in multiple city projects under budget and before time. You don't get to be a multi Billionaire by being useless and stupid. He used every tax break possible because its the smart thing to do. Remember the famous interaction between him and Hilary Clinton over it? In case you dont...

cheb

Post by cheb »

Slenver wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:36 pm
cheb wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:20 pm Are the people who want him to release his tax records also willing to release theirs? And if not why not?

Pretty much, yes. Every president since Nixon has voluntarily, including Biden, and many (but not all) senior roles in cabinet, sub-Cabinet-level positions in the Treasury Department, Social Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and other agencies have to by law.
Thanks. One should do the done thing old boy, dontchaknow. Setting an example and all that. Bad form otherwise
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:49 pm He's a businessman as well as an investor. They don't just leave money in stocks & shares.
Exactly. My point is that he's such a bad businessman and investor that anybody could've made more money than him by doing essentially nothing.

The big-name businessmen and investors have increased their wealth by millions of times over. He's managed 5.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I think Trump's wealth - or lack of - is best described as "murky"...almost certainoly 'cause he likes it that way :D

I do enjoy the fact one of the most profitable things he's ever done is The Apprentice. Four hundred million! I can just imagine Alan Sugar (sorry, Sir Lord Alan) getting all annoyed he didn't enjoy the same action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_of ... %20courses.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:01 pm I think Trump's wealth - or lack of - is best described as "murky"...almost certainoly 'cause he likes it that way :D

I do enjoy the fact one of the most profitable things he's ever done is The Apprentice. Four hundred million! I can just imagine Alan Sugar (sorry, Sir Lord Alan) getting all annoyed he didn't enjoy the same action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_of ... %20courses.
Yeah... he gives it the whole 'successful businessman schtick' when actually he's an ex-reality TV host.

No worse than Reagan as an ex-actor really though.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:49 pm
He's a businessman as well as an investor. They don't just leave money in stocks & shares. He used his acumen and increased his wealth dramatically . He's everything from a property developer to a venture capitalist. He changed zoning laws in NYC to suit his developments. He brought in multiple city projects under budget and before time. You don't get to be a multi Billionaire by being useless and stupid. He used every tax break possible because its the smart thing to do. Remember the famous interaction between him and Hilary Clinton over it? In case you dont...
Would you like to be one of his suppliers, and have your business and livelihood dependent on him paying your invoices on time?