This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Buckaroo

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Buckaroo »

Should have got Alec Baldwin. Job and knock, no messing.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:59 pm
Bwana wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:33 pm Inflation is on the down turn. Employment numbers are up. Stock market continues to break records. Consumer spending is up. New business start ups are increased. The US economy has outpaced its counterparts in Europe. Yet the sky is falling! Oh noes!
It's down from the 9% Biden inflicted on us, but it's still over double what it was under Trump. Biden's EPA is killing the energy industry & it's only going to get worse. I'm paying 50% more for fuel than under Trump... & about the same increase for electricity.

& employment is up because everyone needs three fucking jobs to keep a roof over their head & put food on the table.
Amnesia seems to be rampant in the US.
Trump's final numbers, the economy lost 2.9 million jobs. The international trade deficit increased 40.5%. People lacking health insurance went up by 3 million. The federal debt went from 14.4 to 21.6 trillion USD. Murder rate went to the highest since 1997.

Gas prices fell to a low, umm no one was going anywhere. Trump actually leaned on the Saudis to cut production to keep prices from getting much lower. Something to do with a pandemic of some sort. Oh, BTW, deaths in the US by Trump's exit accounted for 20% of the deaths around the world. The spoils of a hamfisted approach to vaccines and the moronic opposition fomented by right wing idiots.

Inflation, for the hard of thinking, was a global matter caused by fallout of the pandemic coupled with the recent change of on demand stocking of goods as well as supply chain delays. Under Biden, that senile old fool, the US economic recovery has outpaced the rest of the planet.

I'm really at a loss for the deification of Trump by the Republican party. He isn't a fiscal conservative by any notion. That climb in debt didn't all occur during the pandemic. His basic platform was tax cuts, temporary and nominal for us average saps, and a grabass for the wealthiest among us. That will get worse if their project 2025 gets oxygen. The taxes for the middle and lower class will rise and for the upper class it'll fall. And there's a push for a national sales tax. Those are always fun. Reagan's supply side economic policy is alive and as parasitic as ever. Enjoy!
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Hoonercat wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:30 pm My money is on him being an anarchist with no particular political affiliation, who wanted to go out being remembered as the man who started the 2024 American Civil War.
If I'm wrong, fuck it, no one will remember anyway. But if I'm right, God help the lot of you.... :obscene-birdiedoublered:
I may have mentioned this elsewhere. He was a registered republican. He was wearing a T-shirt with the logo of a YouTube channel devoted to guns. He's made at least one monetary donation to a democratic political entity. I guess he just didn't like the former President.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Buckaroo wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:07 pm Should have got Alec Baldwin. Job and knock, no messing.
You're a wee bit late with the Baldwin mention. Not to mention, the bullet would have hit the mark if Baldwin accidently shot him.
gremlin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:49 pm

Actually, has anybody checked to see if Alex Baldwin was filming in the area at that time...?
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:48 pm
If you watch the moment Trump is hit, there are about 3-4 frames prior to the moment when Trump turns his head to the right and leans forwards. He was already slightly looking right but turned a little bit more and slightly bowed his head. That was enough for a dead centre head shot to miss by mere inches. It's a fucking miracle.
Nah, no miracle, Trump knew all the time it was going to happen so just turned his head at exactly the correct moment.

It was a conspiracy obviously. ;)
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

wheelnut wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:46 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:12 pm The plot thickens:

Clearly one of Trumps own security detail has his weapon trained right on the shooter - this is in the seconds BEFORE the shot is taken.

AFTER Trump is shot, this same security agent takes the shooter out.

So what are we to make of this? Certainly looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
I always like the reinforcing language used by conspiracy types. Clearly, certainly, evidently, obviously. It’s the same language used by religious types to obscure a weak argument.

You’re a good guy Screwd and I don’t think you appreciate the high regard you’re held in on here. But please, leave the internet alone for a bit.
Perhaps I should use the word "actually" as in "he is actually aiming at the shooter" prior to the assassination attempt.

The "conspiracy theorist" idiotic response is becoming a little boring now, especially since these are factual events which have transpired. As for the second contentious use of the word "certainly" well, that is of course a subjective view, it certainly looks to me like there's something very wrong with the system and I think I know what it is.

These highly trained, crack shot marksmen have been told to wait until the shooter commits a crime by shooting before they are allowed to take the decision to shoot first. Yep, that's right. The shooter was literally in his sights and he let him take a pot shot at Trump before he was "allowed" to respond.

Now I don't know how true that snippet of info is but "clearly" the marksman is pointing right at the shooter and he "certainly" didn't fire on him until the shooter missed taking out Trump by a hairs breadth.

It will all come out in the investigation so before you make a fool of yourself again, maybe you should wait for the facts to emerge.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

irie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:45 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:48 pm
If you watch the moment Trump is hit, there are about 3-4 frames prior to the moment when Trump turns his head to the right and leans forwards. He was already slightly looking right but turned a little bit more and slightly bowed his head. That was enough for a dead centre head shot to miss by mere inches. It's a fucking miracle.
Nah, no miracle, Trump knew all the time it was going to happen so just turned his head at exactly the correct moment.

It was a conspiracy obviously. ;)
Despite fearing this might happen, I am still in shock. I don't know how many people here have seen the outrageous rhetoric of the Biden campaign. They are calling Trump "Hitler" saying he will set himself up as dictator, white supremacist etc. It beggars belief really that they can get away with it.

Biden (on behalf of his ghost writers) literally said it's "time to put Trump in a bullseye". Is that not incitement? When is a bullseye not a target?

We should all be relieved at this miraculous escape. Had the shooter been successful, the world would now be a very different place.
Plato
Horse

Post by Horse »

New logo for the secret service.

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:47 pm It will all come out in the investigation so before you make a fool of yourself again, maybe you should wait for the facts to emerge.
That applies to everyone, including you.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:11 pm Amnesia seems to be rampant in the US.
Trump's final numbers, the economy lost 2.9 million jobs (that's right, Covid didn't happen). The international trade deficit increased 40.5%. People lacking health insurance went up by 3 million. The federal debt went from 14.4 to 21.6 trillion USD (thank fuck it only went to $34.9Trillion under Biden...). Murder rate went to the highest since 1997.

Gas prices fell to a low, umm no one was going anywhere. Trump actually leaned on the Saudis to cut production to keep prices from getting much lower. Something to do with a pandemic of some sort. Oh, BTW, deaths in the US by Trump's exit accounted for 20% of the deaths around the world. The spoils of a hamfisted approach to vaccines and the moronic opposition fomented by right wing idiots. (400k under Trump, Biden passed that before the end of 2021)

Inflation, for the hard of thinking, was a global matter caused by fallout of the pandemic coupled with the recent change of on demand stocking of goods as well as supply chain delays. Under Biden, that senile old fool, the US economic recovery has outpaced the rest of the planet. (so covid is responsible for inflation, but not the job losses under Trump? Get a fucking grip)

I'm really at a loss for the deification of Trump by the Republican party. He isn't a fiscal conservative by any notion. That climb in debt didn't all occur during the pandemic. His basic platform was tax cuts, temporary and nominal for us average saps, and a grabass for the wealthiest among us. That will get worse if their project 2025 gets oxygen. The taxes for the middle and lower class will rise and for the upper class it'll fall. And there's a push for a national sales tax. Those are always fun. Reagan's supply side economic policy is alive and as parasitic as ever. Enjoy!
You really have no fucking clue about taxes, best you avoid that subject. ALL of Trumps tax cuts are about to expire & Biden has said he won't renew then... The entire country is gonna get hosed by that senile cunt.

As for oil, Dems prevented Trump from refilling the National Reserve @ $20/barrel, but now want to refill it at $80/barrel.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:53 pm
We should all be relieved at this miraculous escape.
Not really, what comes around goes around. You'd think it would be thought provoking for Trump being on the wrong end of violence, having previously invited violence, but this just seems to have invoked chest beating bravado.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

It would appear that history is about to repeat itself in our own little microcosm, only with the name changed...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Jenkins%27_Ear
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:24 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:47 pm It will all come out in the investigation so before you make a fool of yourself again, maybe you should wait for the facts to emerge.
That applies to everyone, including you.
I am making my opinions known, not stating facts. In the above example the security marksman does in fact have the shooter in his sights. He does not shoot until after the shooter is allowed to shoot Trump in the head.

That looks extremely suspicious to me (!) and the excuse appears to be he does not have authority or has not been given authority to fire and cannot take action himself until the shooter makes the first move. Whatever the rights and wrongs of that might be, that does appear to be the crux of the matter and I await the result of the investigation.

That is somewhat different from the same old moronic “conspiracy theorist” response to basically anything which is not anti-Trump.

It is as if half the population have been brainwashed by the incessant propaganda from the entire apparatus of the US administration, including the judiciary and the social/mainstream media they control.
Plato
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:48 pm
Bwana wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:11 pm Amnesia seems to be rampant in the US.
Trump's final numbers, the economy lost 2.9 million jobs (that's right, Covid didn't happen). The international trade deficit increased 40.5%. People lacking health insurance went up by 3 million. The federal debt went from 14.4 to 21.6 trillion USD (thank fuck it only went to $34.9Trillion under Biden...). Murder rate went to the highest since 1997.

Gas prices fell to a low, umm no one was going anywhere. Trump actually leaned on the Saudis to cut production to keep prices from getting much lower. Something to do with a pandemic of some sort. Oh, BTW, deaths in the US by Trump's exit accounted for 20% of the deaths around the world. The spoils of a hamfisted approach to vaccines and the moronic opposition fomented by right wing idiots. (400k under Trump, Biden passed that before the end of 2021)

Inflation, for the hard of thinking, was a global matter caused by fallout of the pandemic coupled with the recent change of on demand stocking of goods as well as supply chain delays. Under Biden, that senile old fool, the US economic recovery has outpaced the rest of the planet. (so covid is responsible for inflation, but not the job losses under Trump? Get a fucking grip)

You really have no fucking clue about taxes, best you avoid that subject. ALL of Trumps tax cuts are about to expire & Biden has said he won't renew then... The entire country is gonna get hosed by that senile cunt.

As for oil, Dems prevented Trump from refilling the National Reserve @ $20/barrel, but now want to refill it at $80/barrel.
LOL! Yeah, right, I've no clue about taxes at all. Trump's tax cuts gave the wealthiest among us quite a load of money. Or do you not understand how percentages work. I'll give you a clue, 1% of a little is 0.01 X a little. 1% of a lot is 0.01 X a lot.
0.01 X a little > 0.01 X a lot

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the top 1% average was around $60,000 and the bottom 60% got $500.
Those tax cuts contribute significantly to the debt. Without the Bush and Trump tax cuts, debt would be decreasing instead of increasing. Hey ho, gotta keep on beating the drum for trickle down economics. Bush Sr had it right when he called Reagan's tax policy voodoo economics. Funny how an opinion can be changed wth a nice powerful job offer. W was quite generous, considering he got us into lobbing shit around in the middle east quite heavily. At least pols during the WWII era understood that wars needed to be financed.

BTW, in June of last year, Trump claimed he did orchestrate the purchase of 75 million barrels of oil for the strategic reserve. He didn't, as you know, he was blocked by Congress. Maybe if he hadn't ham-fisted the pandemic and hadn't given all those tax cuts to his wealthy supporters they'd have seen fit to spend the cash.

The Trump administration was abject chaos. Foreign leaders laughed at him (except Putin). The Biden administration is boring. Foreign leaders praise him (except Putin). I'll take boring over chaos.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:47 pm Perhaps I should use the word "actually" as in "he is actually aiming at the shooter" prior to the assassination attempt.
That's quite an awesome observation. You can tell where someone is looking with a profile shot of them! Do you know the precise moment in time that image was collected?

Go back to the video I posted for time frame. There's a person shouting about the shooter and pointing in the general direction. He was well back from the stage. He doesn't mention that the shooter is on the roof until the last moment, maybe a second or two before the shots are fired.
Last edited by Bwana on Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horse

Post by Horse »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:53 pm
Not really, what comes around goes around. You'd think it would be thought provoking for Trump being on the wrong end of violence, having previously invited violence, but this just seems to have invoked chest beating bravado.
Also some 'confusion' in that those attending an event centred on a person supported by the NRA weren't allowed to bring guns.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Horse wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:53 pm
DefTrap wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:53 pm
Also some 'confusion' in that those attending an event centred on a person supported by the NRA weren't allowed to bring guns.
The RNC meeting coming up soon is in Wisconsin. Wisconsin permits individuals over 21 to carry concealed weapons. Efforts to change this with the RNC convention coming up failed to gain any traction. Gonna be lots of good guys with guns, eh?
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Bwana wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:17 pm
Buckaroo wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:07 pm Should have got Alec Baldwin. Job and knock, no messing.
You're a wee bit late with the Baldwin mention. Not to mention, the bullet would have hit the mark if Baldwin accidently shot him.
gremlin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:49 pm

Actually, has anybody checked to see if Alex Baldwin was filming in the area at that time...?
Apologies.....
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:47 pm The "conspiracy theorist" idiotic response is becoming a little boring now
Imagine having to listen to it.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Slenver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:25 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:47 pm The "conspiracy theorist" idiotic response is becoming a little boring now
Imagine having to listen to it.
You are such a wingeing little prick aren't you. If you don't have anything to say except "CONSPIRACY THEORIST!!" you really have nothing to say at all.

So be a good little troll and just fuck off.
Plato