This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Slenver

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Slenver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:38 pm TBF he's still President Trump, even if he's not currently the president.
A common misconception. He's 'Mr Trump' in title, or 'Former President Trump' when referred to.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Just allowing this theory some credence for a moment, what is Biden's administration allowing this cabal of shadowy industrialists to do that Trump's would put a stop to? And presumably stopped during his last term.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Not Colonel Mustard with the lead pipe in the library then? I never was any good at Cluedo.
ogri

Post by ogri »

Tbh, better luck next tine, fake news!
Ignorance is bliss
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:12 pm The plot thickens:

Clearly one of Trumps own security detail has his weapon trained right on the shooter - this is in the seconds BEFORE the shot is taken.

AFTER Trump is shot, this same security agent takes the shooter out.

So what are we to make of this? Certainly looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
I always like the reinforcing language used by conspiracy types. Clearly, certainly, evidently, obviously. It’s the same language used by religious types to obscure a weak argument.

You’re a good guy Screwd and I don’t think you appreciate the high regard you’re held in on here. But please, leave the internet alone for a bit.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:35 pm
I look at that map and note an eye witness account from someone who saw a gunman climbing up there, armed with a rifle, alerted the authorities and yet still the shooter managed to get one off - that tells me there is something fishy going on. If you study that map
If you watch the video of the witness being interviewed, he says that the security team on the nearby roof would not, due to slope of the roof he was on, have been able to see the shooter as he crawled up the roof.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Mussels wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:18 am False flag operation? As long as he can keep his mouth shut Trump's campaign just keeps getting better.

I don't know the timings but the police were told about the gunman before shots were fired.
False flag? Please!

There were shouts of "He's got a gun!" mere seconds before the shots were fired.
The shooter was 20 yrs old, a registered republican that had donated cash to democrats. Sounds a bit confused to me.
Nutjob with a gun. Condolences to the family of the victims. Thankfully the former president is relatively unharmed.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Supermofo wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:47 pm If it was a set up you'd have thought they would use someone who could shoot! 120m is fuck all distance. Even in cadets we'd start at 300m and work out to 800 without scopes. And if it was the deep state, give him a Barrett and even if Trump wore a bullet proof vest it wouldn't have mattered and you could body shot the fat bugger!
Exactly. The shooter was hardly a dead-eyed assassin, he was an amateur with a gun and a grudge.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:28 pm Just allowing this theory some credence for a moment, what is Biden's administration allowing this cabal of shadowy industrialists to do that Trump's would put a stop to? And presumably stopped during his last term.
Overwhelming regulations that are pretty much killing entire industries in the US. EPA needs to be dismantled.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

So why kill DT?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:52 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:58 am I'm sure the timings and the physical arena will be analysed to death but speaking of clocks and timings, doesn't it strike anyone as massively convenient? As the shooter is still getting off his rounds, the security services are suddenly able to find him, target him and take him out - within something like one or two seconds. If that.

Almost as if a marksman was waiting for the attempt...
Hold on now, wait a minute....

This can't be true can it??

How the fuck do the most advanced security service in the world not see that roof as a potential "grassy knoll"?

Where were they all stationed? How did the shooter set himself up there without being seen except by an eyewitness who was pointing the shooter out to the police while the crowd member himself was under observation from security. "Look at that conspiracy theorist jumping up and down pointing at a roof. What is he trying to say..."

If that map I grabbed off a random video is an accurate representation of the incident scene, there are going to be some very difficult to answer questions.
It is bizarre that the SS didn't cover that roof given the proximity to the rally area and view of the stage.

The pitch of the roof as well as the sharp shooter location on the roof behind the stage may give some clue as to why the shooter wasn't taken out sooner. The shooter crawled up the far side of the roof. That wasn't visible from the roof where the sharp shooter that would eventually take him out was positioned.

There were witnesses present that spotted the shooter a couple of minutes before the firing started. If you look at the field, it is conceivable that the shooter was visible from the ground if one was standing well to the back of the rally crowd. One witness interviewed made comments consistent with that notion.

People shouting "he's got a gun" and pointing in a direction should have drawn attention to the shooter sooner. Maybe. It is conceivable that the shouts of he's got a gun did get the attention of those tasked with protecting the former President. First they'd look in the direction of the shouts, see him pointing towards the rooftop but not be aware of the exact location of the shooter. They'd scan the crowd in that direction looking for the shooter. The video I watched has about a 2 second gap between the person shouting "he's on the roof" and the sound of gunfire.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

gremlin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:49 pm
I'm going for the almost impossible to believe conspiracy theory that in a country where weapons are easy to come by, some nut case decided to shoot a high profile politician, all by himself, getting shot by the authorities who I believe train quite hard to do so.

I know...whacko, right? :shock:
The obvious answer is normally the right answer. Shootings happen a dozen time a day in the US after all. It's almost more surprising that it hasn't happened before.

Although - The dark-forces-that-control-the-world managed to knock down the WTC in plain sight and get away with it ... so there's that. Taking an ex presidential ear is child's play. Maybe they should have flown an hijacked plane into him?
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:12 pm
gremlin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:28 pm Just allowing this theory some credence for a moment, what is Biden's administration allowing this cabal of shadowy industrialists to do that Trump's would put a stop to? And presumably stopped during his last term.
Overwhelming regulations that are pretty much killing entire industries in the US. EPA needs to be dismantled.
Inflation is on the down turn. Employment numbers are up. Stock market continues to break records. Consumer spending is up. New business start ups are increased. The US economy has outpaced its counterparts in Europe. Yet the sky is falling! Oh noes!
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:19 pm I'm surprised just how much armed to the teeth security seemed to be on hand within seconds for a rally of someone who isn't even President.
He's the former President and afforded quite the security detail. That will follow him for the rest of his life. No surprises there at all.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

gremlin wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:14 pm So why kill DT?
15 minutes of fame?
He wanted to prove to ____(celebrity name of your liking)___ that he was worthy of her hand?
Having a bad hair day?
Wanted to see how well his AR was performing?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Bwana wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:33 pm Inflation is on the down turn. Employment numbers are up. Stock market continues to break records. Consumer spending is up. New business start ups are increased. The US economy has outpaced its counterparts in Europe. Yet the sky is falling! Oh noes!
It's down from the 9% Biden inflicted on us, but it's still over double what it was under Trump. Biden's EPA is killing the energy industry & it's only going to get worse. I'm paying 50% more for fuel than under Trump... & about the same increase for electricity.

& employment is up because everyone needs three fucking jobs to keep a roof over their head & put food on the table.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Bwana wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:34 pm
He's the former President and afforded quite the security detail. That will follow him for the rest of his life. No surprises there at all.
-Now- I know. I expected a fair few semi shadowy SS but the swat guys being on hand was a little unexpected.
I bet they're all having their epaulettes ripped off by mardy superior officers this afternoon.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

My money is on him being an anarchist with no particular political affiliation, who wanted to go out being remembered as the man who started the 2024 American Civil War.
If I'm wrong, fuck it, no one will remember anyway. But if I'm right, God help the lot of you.... :obscene-birdiedoublered:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

IMG-20240714-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20240714-WA0012.jpg (186 KiB) Viewed 182 times
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:01 pm
Bwana wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:34 pm
-Now- I know. I expected a fair few semi shadowy SS but the swat guys being on hand was a little unexpected.
I bet they're all having their epaulettes ripped off by mardy superior officers this afternoon.
The sniper that took out the shooter was Secret Service. Having a full on police presence is expected at a rally with someone of Trump's status. SWAT officers serve in just about every LEO department, local, county, state, as well as federal.