This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
irie

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by irie »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:03 am
ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:06 pm Good fucking grief, at the NATO summit he just introduced Zelinsky as "President Putin"
An innocent question.

I never watch live TV. Or any news TV

But every day you tell us what he's done wrong.

Get the bike out the garage
An innocent answer.

Quoted in full because probably behind a paywall.

Don't think getting a bike out of the garage will fix what appears to be Biden’s advanced Parkinsons. But hey, I could be wrong. :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/us/politics ... to-summit/
Biden calls Zelensky ‘Putin’ then refers to vice-president ‘Trump’

Gasps at Nato as US President’s mistakes deepen the leadership crisis and fuel further calls for him to drop out

Joe Biden has referred to Volodymyr Zelensky as “President Putin” and Kamala Harris as “Vice President Trump”, in a pair of significant gaffes set to worsen the crisis engulfing his presidency.

The US president, who is facing calls to stand down over concerns about his age, confused the Ukrainian president with the Russian leader on stage at an international summit.

He then referred to Ms Harris, his vice president, as “Vice President Trump”.

The gaffes came at the end of a Nato summit in Washington DC, which had been pitched as an opportunity to rescue Mr Biden’s ailing reelection campaign.

Standing on a stage with 23 other allied world leaders, Mr Biden spoke for several minutes about the importance of protecting Ukraine from Russian aggression, before turning to Mr Zelensky and introducing him by the wrong name.

“Now, I want to hand over to the President of Ukraine, who has as much courage as he has determination,” he said. “Ladies and gentlemen: President Putin.”

He returned to the microphone and attempted to explain the error. “I’m so focused on beating Putin,” he said.

“I’m better,” Mr Zelensky replied. “You’re a hell of a lot better,” Mr Biden said back.

Ninety minutes later, during a second press conference, Mr Biden was asked whether Kamala Harris was qualified to take over his job if necessary.

“I wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president, that I think she was not qualified to be president,” he replied.

Donald Trump immediately seized on the moment, writing on social media: “Great job, Joe!”

Within minutes, the clips were being circulated online by official Republican Party accounts.

Mr Biden later defended his health, but said he must do more to “allay” concerns by appearing more often at public events.

The president’s advisers had been braced for the possibility of more errors on the world stage, after two weeks of criticism for his performance at the presidential debate on June 27.

The two slip-ups produced more calls for Mr Biden to end his campaign and make way for a younger candidate.

Jim Himes, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said the Democrats must put forward the “strongest candidate possible” to beat Trump, and he “no longer believe[s] that is Joe Biden”.

Polls show that Mr Biden’s popularity has tanked since the debate. He is now behind Trump in almost all swing states, and some previously safe blue states are now “in play” in November.

Thursday’s incidents came as aides worked on a pitch to convince Mr Biden to stand down his presidential campaign, amid concerns he can “never recover” from questions raised about his age in the last two weeks.

Aides on the US president’s campaign and White House teams are working out how to persuade him to leave the race, after concluding that he has no chance of beating Trump.

Earlier this week, the Hollywood star and Democrat donor George Clooney called for Mr Biden to abandon his campaign, while the former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi stopped short of defending his decision to remain in the race.

Mr Biden’s press conference at the end of the Nato summit was the first event of its kind for eight months.

The US president gave remarks and took questions from journalists for an hour, defending his record on the economy and foreign policy. He also addressed concerns about his age.

Insisting he would stay in the race, he said: “I’m not in this for my legacy. I’m in this to complete the job I started. I think I’m the best qualified person to do the job.”

He said he was “ready” to deal with Mr Putin and Xi Jinping “now, and three years from now”, when he will be 84 years old. He said the “gravity of the situation” required his experience in office.

But Mr Biden also acknowledged that he had dealt poorly with recent criticism from his own party, describing his errors on the debate stage two weeks ago as “stupid”.

“I’m determined on running, but I think it’s important that I allay fears by letting them see me out there,” he said.

Defending his health, he added: “My schedule has been full bore. So if I slow down and I can’t get the job done, that’s a sign that I shouldn’t be doing it, but there’s no indication of that yet — none.”

He denied a story that he intended to go to bed at 8pm every night, but said he thought it was important to “pace myself”.

“I love my staff, but they add things. They add things all the time. I’m catching hell from my wife,” he said.

Asked whether he would take a cognitive test, he replied: “I’ve taken three significant and intense neurological exams by a neurosurgeon, by a neurologist... as recently as February and they say I’m in good shape.”

“The only thing age does is it creates a little bit of wisdom if you pay attention”.

Mr Biden was asked repeatedly whether he planned to step down if polling data showed that Ms Harris would be more likely to beat Trump in the election.

He replied: “No, unless they came back and said, ‘there’s no way you can win’.”

Leaning into the microphone to whisper to the audience, he added: “No one is saying that. No poll says that.”

He had previously said that only “Lord Almighty” could convince him to step down.

Some Democrats praised Mr Biden for his performance in the latter half of the press conference, when he spoke in detail and without notes on US relations with China, South Korea and Russia.

David Axelrod, a former Barack Obama aide who has called for him to step down, said he was “very comfortable on national security issues”.

However, Mr Biden’s two gaffes in the final hours of the 75th anniversary Nato summit will overshadow three days of intense diplomacy by its member states, as discussion turns to the future of his campaign.

Sir Keir Starmer waved away Mr Biden’s confusion between Mr Zelensky and Mr Putin in his own press conference, arguing that the US president “should be given credit” for the summit.

Olaf Scholz, the German Chancellor, said that “slips of tongue happen”, while Emmanuel Macron, the French president, said Mr Biden was “in charge” and on top of matters.

Mr Biden repeatedly referred to other Nato leaders while defending his record.

He said this week’s Nato summit had been the most successful “for a long time”, and that attendees thanked him for bringing them together.

“I know it sounds self-serving, but other leaders and heads of state have thanked me,  saying: ‘The reason we’re together is because of Biden’,” he said.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:03 am An innocent question.

I never watch live TV. Or any news TV

But every day you tell us what he's done wrong.

Get the bike out the garage
I just catch the highlights, but every channel showed him introducing President Putin.

Too fucking hot to ride, it's been over 110deg for the past week.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

irie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:20 am Earlier this week, the Hollywood star and Democrat donor George Clooney called for Mr Biden to abandon his campaign, while the former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi stopped short of defending his decision to remain in the race.

Mr Biden’s press conference at the end of the Nato summit was the first event of its kind for eight months.

The US president gave remarks and took questions from journalists for an hour, defending his record on the economy and foreign policy. He also addressed concerns about his age.
No word yet on when Clooney is going to return the $30Million

The *questions* at the presser all came from approved journos on the list in front of him.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

90 mill USD in donations now being withheld
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

In the long tradition of the US electing a bigger fucking idiot than the previous fucking idiot it looks like Absent Harris will be the pick. Trump actually winning would temporarily reverse this tradition.

If Trump picks Doug Burgam it will hurt his campaign because even though the guy is on the ball with most things, he wants a total abortion ban. Not sure about J D Vance.

The story here is Obama & Clinton are the ones behind the move to ditch Biden.
Last edited by ZRX61 on Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:39 pm
Too fucking hot to ride, it's been over 110deg for the past week.
What's that in european??!! :angelic-green:

(To me it reads like you are boiling, literally!!)

EDIT - 43 celsius - It hits that around here quite regularly most summers, doesn't seem to stop the natives :banana-dance:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:57 pm What's that in european??!! :angelic-green:

EDIT - 43 celsius - It hits that around here quite regularly most summers, doesn't seem to stop the natives :banana-dance:
110 was the LOW.... :wtf:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 6:04 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:57 pm What's that in european??!! :angelic-green:

110 was the LOW.... :wtf:
The guys here just seem to get on with it. We had mid to high 40's for a lot of weeks over a few summers - I definitely need better kit for that weather, and also we have quite a lot of mountains to go up onto, that helps! It's only that hot in the valleys :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

What I find hilarious is I have been saying this for years. The incompetence of Biden, never mind the extraordinary corruption of the Biden mafia; that facet of his activities is not yet "mainstream" (give it a couple of weeks). That is not the issue, nor is age the problem per se. The actual problem we are all seeing play out is that since Biden is so obviously (!) not in charge - WHO IS?

Now I think I know and I should not need to repeat it, after all, these "conspiracy theories" are now a matter of factual mainstream news - military industrial complex, big pharma, big tech censorship etc. These are all slowly becoming obvious even to those unthinking detractors of mine suddenly claiming to have known all along.

For years have been labelled a "conspiracy theorist". When I mocked the idiotic ramblings of one of those posters who believe everything the msm say, I suggested "thinking not your strong point". Then I am the one castigated. Not one of the multitude of sheeple who can't see past whatever the BBC tell them to think. This is despite the recent expose proving what I have been saying has been true all along (again).

What is even funnier is another twat suggesting "oh yeah, we knew it all along". I mean, what is it with these people? Do they assume everyone is stupider than they are? And it's not as if they don't have form. The same one did the same thing after Putin invaded Ukraine. It'll never happen, your'e a conspiracy theorist, oh err, yeah well I knew that would happen...

Yes of course I can see that using the word "stupid" is probably going to get me fired. It really doesn't matter. I can't think of any other way to describe people who after years of calling me a conspiracy theorist, suddenly announce they knew what I was saying was true. I mean "liar" is a much more provocative word so I am merely suggesting they should not assume I am the stupid one here or that they can suddenly change their tune because the msm tells them it's ok as if no one will notice this extraordinary about face.

There's no way Biden is the preferred democrat candidate but since they don't have anyone else, the best plan has always been leave it as late as possible so that the next incompetent puppet isn't in the limelight for too long prior to the installation. What has caught me out (and the democrat party!) is the extreme difficulty in ousting him, I had assumed it would be a relatively simple matter. They may have to go with the 25th amendment but frankly, such a move would not leave them much better off.

Obama can't suddenly pop up, he's been in twice already. His wife, the former first lady has a chance but has no "presence" and Trump would destroy her in any debate. Hilary is a nasty old witch and best kept behind the scenes, way too many skeletons in the Clinton closet.

Kamala Harris could not possibly win an election, she is quite incredibly dim (as I have said before) so her only chance is to wait it out and hope Biden dies in office so she can inherit "victory". I genuinely believe that is something the democratic party will have considered as a tactic. If they can't get rid of it, prop up Bidens cadaver in the hope of getting it elected, then swap over to Kamala without having anything come out of her mouth. She only got where she is letting things into it...

So that really only leaves Gavin Newsome. A disaster as a politician but a malleable puppet and really, that's all that matters to those truly in charge. Leave the switch to the last moment so that the msm and big tech can pump sheeple full of their propaganda and censor away all the crap. We know that works because, as I keep saying, it doesn't matter if the truth comes out later. By then it will be too late. Bit like it is now with Bidens' obvious incapacity.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

For those not wanting to read through the daunting word salad above, I've done it for you and this is the summary.

I was right about everything all along and you lot were wrong.

Same as it ever was.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Bit sad really.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:27 pm For those not wanting to read through the daunting word salad above, I've done it for you and this is the summary.

Same as it ever was.
Yes I forget the target audience for my ire struggle to understand the written word. Here's my précis:

Never mind Screwy pointed out years ago that Biden was mentally incompetent, never mind that means someone else has been dictating policy on wars, vaccines, censorship, DEI policies, never mind that this unelected cabal only have their own vested interests in mind and "fuck the planet" mentality, never mind all the sheeple whose only riposte is "conspiracy theorist"...

Ignore all that.

The important thing to remember is Screwdriver is a cunt so it doesn't matter what he says, we can all just pretend we knew all along anyway.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:51 pm Bit sad really.
The sad part is Biden isn't responsible for the catastrophic failure of the Afghan withdrawal. He can't be blamed for a weaponised virus sponsored by the NIH escaping from a dodgy lab in China. It's not his fault an experimental gene therapy for that same virus was mandated worldwide, leading to a huge increase in excess deaths (and excess profits). Can't blame him for supporting an endless war in Ukraine.

No, the sad part is that all of these problems are allowed to fester and develop because of people like you.

Read my sig. I rest my case.
Plato
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:57 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:27 pm For those not wanting to read through the daunting word salad above, I've done it for you and this is the summary.

Same as it ever was.
Yes I forget the target audience for my ire struggle to understand the written word. Here's my précis:

Never mind Screwy pointed out years ago that Biden was mentally incompetent, never mind that means someone else has been dictating policy on wars, vaccines, censorship, DEI policies, never mind that this unelected cabal only have their own vested interests in mind and "fuck the planet" mentality, never mind all the sheeple whose only riposte is "conspiracy theorist"...

Ignore all that.

The important thing to remember is Screwdriver is a cunt so it doesn't matter what he says, we can all just pretend we knew all along anyway.
An alternative summary.

Screwd has some genuine points, but as usual, has over egged the pudding.

Biden is a puppet, agreed.
Many other alternatives are as badly flawed, agreed
Democrats are hoping we will not notice, agreed.

But on the other hand, Trump is just plain nasty.

I would chose a puppet over Trump' brand of Republicanism every time.

No, Screwdriver is not a cunt, he just gets over enthusiastic.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
irie

Post by irie »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:24 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:57 pm

Same as it ever was.

Ignore all that.

An alternative summary.

Screwd has some genuine points, but as usual, has over egged the pudding.

Biden is a puppet, agreed.
Many other alternatives are as badly flawed, agreed
Democrats are hoping we will not notice, agreed.

But on the other hand, Trump is just plain nasty.

I would chose a puppet over Trump' brand of Republicanism every time.

No, Screwdriver is not a cunt, he just gets over enthusiastic.
Or alternatively, Screwdriver is a victim who feeds on conspiracies under every bed [sic].
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Reading some of the commentary and points made regards mass manipulation reminds me to try and get hold of the Foundation series that went missing when I moved. The mule character has many similarities to one of the USA protagonists.
irie

Post by irie »

Buckaroo wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:03 pm Reading some of the commentary and points made regards mass manipulation reminds me to try and get hold of the Foundation series that went missing when I moved. The mule character has many similarities to one of the USA protagonists.
Ah yes, Asimov's Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation.

Strangely, reminds me of what Heinlein said: "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. "
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:12 pm No, the sad part is that all of these problems are allowed to fester and develop because of people like you.
You're obsessed by this, desperate to be 'right', and a bit nasty about it.

Biden's not fit to be president, this is really obvious, the rest is conjecture.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

To my eyes, Biden is too old and losing his marbles with a rather better VP.
Trump is too old, lost his marbles in the 80s and is a narcissistic, nasty, racist, rapist.

Both should be retired into history, its sad that geriatrics are even allowed to do this and if there were even a half passable alterative Id rather they won but Im sick to the back teeth of racists voting for dog whistle racists and pretending its for any other reason.
Biden is being an utter fucking knob over Gaza and I wouldnt give him the steam off my piss but Trump is even worse.
Neither if these old fuckers should be even asked for an opinion on the best flavour of ice cream, they should just be quietly ignored.
IMO, like.
irie

Post by irie »

demographic wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:24 pm To my eyes, Biden is too old and losing his marbles with a rather better VP.
Trump is too old, lost his marbles in the 80s and is a narcissistic, nasty, racist, rapist.

Both should be retired into history, its sad that geriatrics are even allowed to do this and if there were even a half passable alterative Id rather they won but Im sick to the back teeth of racists voting for dog whistle racists and pretending its for any other reason.
Biden is being an utter fucking knob over Gaza and I wouldnt give him the steam off my piss but Trump is even worse.
Neither if these old fuckers should be even asked for an opinion on the best flavour of ice cream, they should just be quietly ignored.
IMO, like.
Well, that's a well argued analysis of the US political situation.

Not.