Bull-it jeans.

Discussing your new helmet, jacket, boots, luggage
User avatar
Dodgy69
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury
Has thanked: 1637 times
Been thanked: 1920 times

Bull-it jeans.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Yamaha rocket 3
User avatar
ChrisW
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 2457 times
Been thanked: 1725 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by ChrisW »

Yes, very comfy, look like normal jeans albeit with armour lumps.

They do size generously, you could happily go a waist size down.
User avatar
MrLongbeard
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 535 times
Been thanked: 2161 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by MrLongbeard »

Not that model but that manufacturer yes, they do the job
viewtopic.php?t=3434&hilit=jeans&start=20
User avatar
ChrisW
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 2457 times
Been thanked: 1725 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by ChrisW »

...same boots too, I''m such a clichรฉ.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 21.02.18.png
Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 21.02.18.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 290 times
User avatar
Skub
Posts: 11461
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Has thanked: 9212 times
Been thanked: 9115 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Skub »

My fav bike jeans are RST jobbies,but I have a pair of Bullit too.

They are closer fitting than the RST and I had to do a little needlework on the velcro holding the armour in the linings. The velcro is a bit crap and can loosen,then the spikey bits irritate. Maybe just mine,but it was easily sorted.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
User avatar
Dodgy69
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury
Has thanked: 1637 times
Been thanked: 1920 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Ordered and arriving soon. ๐Ÿ‘
Yamaha rocket 3
Supermofo
Posts: 4780
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:39 pm
Has thanked: 4059 times
Been thanked: 2640 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Supermofo »

Too late as you've ordered. But I've got 3 pairs of Bullit Jeans.

SR6 - got years ago bit big and bulky don't wear them anymore but only due to getting the below.

Covert AAA jeans in blue - These are the Icon but with extra 'Lite covec' layers in the danger bits. Excellent jeans. I had to size down to get them to fit as the waist is massive. They are nice and comfy, not too hot, good to wear in cool weather too. I've owned these for nearly 4 years and done 99% of my riding in them.

Covert Evo AAA jeans in black. Got them as in a sale. They are the same as the above but even lighter weight. The above had a mesh lining throughout, these don't they are just like normal jeans. This means the Evo flow more air through them which is good in summer/sitting in the office but I suspect the original will be better in Spring/Autumn. However both pairs feels the same to walk about in TBH. The originals are still going strong I just bought these as a backup/change. For an extra tenner I thought AAA was worth having.

So in summary I really like them!
User avatar
Mr Moofo
Posts: 4200
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:41 pm
Location: Brightonish
Has thanked: 1689 times
Been thanked: 1335 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Mr Moofo »

I have a pair - size down, they come up big
The are comfortable , you have to jiggle the armour a little - and the look like normal jeans
I also have a pair of Resurgence / Triumph Jeans which had a list price of about 2 and bit times the Bull-It ones.
The are nothing like as comfortable on the bike
User avatar
Noggin
Posts: 7310
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm
Location: Ski Resort
Has thanked: 15453 times
Been thanked: 3576 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Noggin »

Supermofo wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:01 am
Covert Evo AAA jeans in black. Got them as in a sale. They are the same as the above but even lighter weight. The above had a mesh lining throughout, these don't they are just like normal jeans. This means the Evo flow more air through them which is good in summer/sitting in the office but I suspect the original will be better in Spring/Autumn. However both pairs feels the same to walk about in TBH. The originals are still going strong I just bought these as a backup/change. For an extra tenner I thought AAA was worth having.

So in summary I really like them!
After dying of heat in just normal jeans the last couple of times I've been out, and based on the above, I went and looked for the ladies version.

WTAF are ALL the ladies jeans slim or narrow fit?? No way on earth will they over my boots and due to the 'high-heels' calf shape, they won't go into the boot either FFS

No point ordering blokes ones as they are never a sensible fit for this curvy girl :( :(

Oh well, keep on looking for something appropriate for stupid heat over here!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Supermofo
Posts: 4780
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:39 pm
Has thanked: 4059 times
Been thanked: 2640 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Supermofo »

Noggin wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:50 pm
Supermofo wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:01 am
Covert Evo AAA jeans in black. Got them as in a sale. They are the same as the above but even lighter weight. The above had a mesh lining throughout, these don't they are just like normal jeans. This means the Evo flow more air through them which is good in summer/sitting in the office but I suspect the original will be better in Spring/Autumn. However both pairs feels the same to walk about in TBH. The originals are still going strong I just bought these as a backup/change. For an extra tenner I thought AAA was worth having.

So in summary I really like them!
After dying of heat in just normal jeans the last couple of times I've been out, and based on the above, I went and looked for the ladies version.

WTAF are ALL the ladies jeans slim or narrow fit?? No way on earth will they over my boots and due to the 'high-heels' calf shape, they won't go into the boot either FFS

No point ordering blokes ones as they are never a sensible fit for this curvy girl :( :(

Oh well, keep on looking for something appropriate for stupid heat over here!!
Thats a shame :thumbdown: Girls generally get less choice with bike stuff from what I've seen. Mine fit fine over boots but they are the straight fit. They also have a little stretch in the material too.
User avatar
Noggin
Posts: 7310
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm
Location: Ski Resort
Has thanked: 15453 times
Been thanked: 3576 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Noggin »

Supermofo wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:45 pm
Noggin wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:50 pm
Supermofo wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:01 am
Covert Evo AAA jeans in black. Got them as in a sale. They are the same as the above but even lighter weight. The above had a mesh lining throughout, these don't they are just like normal jeans. This means the Evo flow more air through them which is good in summer/sitting in the office but I suspect the original will be better in Spring/Autumn. However both pairs feels the same to walk about in TBH. The originals are still going strong I just bought these as a backup/change. For an extra tenner I thought AAA was worth having.

So in summary I really like them!
After dying of heat in just normal jeans the last couple of times I've been out, and based on the above, I went and looked for the ladies version.

WTAF are ALL the ladies jeans slim or narrow fit?? No way on earth will they over my boots and due to the 'high-heels' calf shape, they won't go into the boot either FFS

No point ordering blokes ones as they are never a sensible fit for this curvy girl :( :(

Oh well, keep on looking for something appropriate for stupid heat over here!!
Thats a shame :thumbdown: Girls generally get less choice with bike stuff from what I've seen. Mine fit fine over boots but they are the straight fit. They also have a little stretch in the material too.

It's pretty normal sadly. I've looked again and actually there are some called straight or easy - but I can't see the leg of the jeans going over a 'proper' boot! I wear AlpineStar race boots, so they are quite chunky. Can't imagine that the jeans in the pics would be wide enough :(

Might stop sulking long enough to ask them for dimensions!! :lol:

https://www.bull-it.com/collections/womens
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
User avatar
Dodgy69
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury
Has thanked: 1637 times
Been thanked: 1920 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Well, I ordered 34R, as some warned, they are big and long. . They'll be going back and have now ordered 32S. I'm 5 9 and normally buy 34w but yep, definitely down size. R inside leg are very long aswel and knee pads were on my shins.

They are also very stretchy and felt comfy but just too big. I forget the name but on the size guide heading, it does say they are big. On other bull-it jeans, reviews say size is normal. Free returns though. ๐Ÿ‘
Yamaha rocket 3
Supermofo
Posts: 4780
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:39 pm
Has thanked: 4059 times
Been thanked: 2640 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Supermofo »

Noggin wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:10 pm I've looked again and actually there are some called straight or easy - but I can't see the leg of the jeans going over a 'proper' boot! I wear AlpineStar race boots, so they are quite chunky. Can't imagine that the jeans in the pics would be wide enough
Don't know how the women's ones fit but the straight men's ones go over my TCX touring boots below fine.
Image

Pity you don't have a SBS equivalent in France, as SBS you just order multiple pairs/sizes as they do free returns.
User avatar
Noggin
Posts: 7310
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm
Location: Ski Resort
Has thanked: 15453 times
Been thanked: 3576 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Noggin »

Supermofo wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:29 am
Noggin wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:10 pm I've looked again and actually there are some called straight or easy - but I can't see the leg of the jeans going over a 'proper' boot! I wear AlpineStar race boots, so they are quite chunky. Can't imagine that the jeans in the pics would be wide enough
Don't know how the women's ones fit but the straight men's ones go over my TCX touring boots below fine.
Image

Pity you don't have a SBS equivalent in France, as SBS you just order multiple pairs/sizes as they do free returns.
I emailed and they said that since my race boots are designed to have leathers inside them, most jeans won't fit over them!! :lol: (Not sure my leathers fitted inside the boots TBF!! )

But, they will measure the bottom of the jeans legs for me to check if it's possible - there's one pair that look as if they might work :D

Just weird that so many are skinny fit, but hey ho - guess that's the fashion and I've never been fashionable!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
User avatar
Dodgy69
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury
Has thanked: 1637 times
Been thanked: 1920 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Dodgy69 »

They're very stretchy, if you went for the more flared pair, iykwim, they would easily go over boots.
Yamaha rocket 3
User avatar
Noggin
Posts: 7310
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm
Location: Ski Resort
Has thanked: 15453 times
Been thanked: 3576 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Noggin »

Dodgy69 wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:29 pm They're very stretchy, if you went for the more flared pair, iykwim, they would easily go over boots.
Thank you. Between yours and Supermofo's comments, I feel a bit more confident about them (for next year, but at least I have info :D )
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
User avatar
Dodgy69
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury
Has thanked: 1637 times
Been thanked: 1920 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Dodgy69 »

Anyway...short boots with demin init. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
Yamaha rocket 3
User avatar
Noggin
Posts: 7310
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:46 pm
Location: Ski Resort
Has thanked: 15453 times
Been thanked: 3576 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Noggin »

Dodgy69 wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:40 pm Anyway...short boots with demin init. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
:lol: :lol: Had this discussion the other month when I went visiting some friends. They, and all the french on the rideout, wear short boots - some look like trainers but 'apparently' they're bike footwear!!

Having damaged my Alpinestars when I hit the M32 to the point of destroying some stitching, marking them quite well but only having (quite bad) bruising on my foot and ankle, I might just stick with the 'overkill' of sticking with the race boots!! LOL I know I still don't plan to hit the ground again, but 'if' I do, legs fix faster than feet and ankles (mostly!! :lol: )

I've ridden not very far in my walking boots and it totally felt wrong the whole time. Would probably get used to it, but not sure I want to! I've got enough of a disability already!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Supermofo
Posts: 4780
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:39 pm
Has thanked: 4059 times
Been thanked: 2640 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Supermofo »

I've got some TCX bike trainers but only tend to wear them to the office or somewhere I'm gonna be off the bike for a long time. Other than that I wear my TCX touring boots, just feels more normal.
User avatar
Skub
Posts: 11461
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
Location: Norn Iron
Has thanked: 9212 times
Been thanked: 9115 times

Re: Bull-it jeans.

Post by Skub »

Noggin wrote: โ†‘Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:53 pm :lol: :lol: Had this discussion the other month when I went visiting some friends. They, and all the french on the rideout, wear short boots - some look like trainers but 'apparently' they're bike footwear!!
I use these a lot with jeans. All day comfy on the bike,or walking. More bike friendly/less clumpy than my Altbergs.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/357162

Image
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955