Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mussels

Re: Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

Post by Mussels »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:52 pmGareth who previously won this car offered us the opportunity to buy the car back and we couldn't refuse with it being such a great example. We have since added some new touches such as the lower splitter, skirts & spoiler.
In other words Gareth found it was an unsellable shitter and sold it back for a huge loss waiting for the next mug.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:53 pm
Potter wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:22 pm Burnt orange seems to be very popular this year, a throwback to the 70s I think.
Pistonheads did a "spotted" last year about this Gloriously 70s Orange Aston with silver leather. I really like it :obscene-birdiedoublered:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spo ... tted/47726

That's a groovy colour alright. A Merc in a 70s coloured frock! :thumbup:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mussels wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:29 pm
Taipan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:52 pmGareth who previously won this car offered us the opportunity to buy the car back and we couldn't refuse with it being such a great example. We have since added some new touches such as the lower splitter, skirts & spoiler.
In other words Gareth found it was an unsellable shitter and sold it back for a huge loss waiting for the next mug.
If he got it for £10 it wasn't really a loss of any description
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:52 pm
Includes £1000 towards tax/insurance/collection
https://dreamcargiveaways.co.uk/competi ... era-1000-2
Mussels wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:29 pm
Strange I suppose, but if he was offered easy money back and wasn't all that keen on air-cooled Porsches then I can understand.

It's a standard C2 though by the title description and although it's probably worth about £70k on the open market I feel like they've messed it up trying to make it look like a Turbo with that big wing on the back, especially since it's a narrow body (only the C2 'S' and C4 'S' had wide body shells).

I'd have a punt at that price but IMO it looked better before, they've ruined it with the spoiler and front skirt.

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Looks way better in 'standard' spec.

But yeah, winning it for a tenner, having it for a while and then getting the cash alternative with low effort does seem fairly cake eaty.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:11 am Looks way better in 'standard' spec.

But yeah, winning it for a tenner, having it for a while and then getting the cash alternative with low effort does seem fairly cake eaty.
If I win a raffle for an advertised* £70k prize and then find out it's only worth £20k I wouldn't consider that a win, I'd consider it fraud.

* I didn't see a cash value on the new one, the original one may not have made such a claim.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It was Potter who said they're about £70k, not the raffle.

Plus you'd be a properly grumpy graspy git to have such an attitude anyway ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:48 am Plus you'd be a properly grumpy graspy git to have such an attitude anyway ;)
Welcome to RTTL, it's like this... but please try and stay :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Prices for the 993 are currently increasing quickly, you'd be hard pressed now to find a C2S or C4S for under £100k, there are a few on the market but they're all reasonably high mileage if they're cheaper. That particular one is probably going to be about £65-70k IMO - e.g. https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/16578999 - but as I said I think they've ruined it tarting it up like a pretend Turbo/RS, IMO they've devalued it by messing about with it, the money is in standard versions or period factory optional extras if they're on it, I don't think you could spec that narrow body C2 with an RS body kit.

An actual 993 Turbo is £150-250k depending on spec and condition, as I said prices have gone crackers.
I almost bought one instead of my 930, it was £220k but it was less exciting/fun to drive than my 930 even though technically it's a vastly superior car.

It's a fashion bubble that might burst, the next model Porsche that came out after these 993's is the 996 and it's a better car in almost every way than the 993 and you can pick a really nice one up for £30k - but it's not an air-cooled 911 and it's the air-cooled ones that fetch the money. That's why I bought mine now before they get even more silly - or the bubble might burst and I'll be looking a bit sick :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Audi R8 V10 for 35p if yer lucky! :D A bloke round our way has one of these and it sounds absolutely gorgeous! :thumbup:

Win this Audi R8 V10 Plus for just 35p!

BE QUICK… This is the cheapest tickets we’ve ever done on a supercar! This stunning R8 V10 Plus will be finding a new home on Sunday and for JUST 35p it could be you that we call with the good news!

Pumping out north of 600bhp, this naturally aspirated V10 monster sounds phenomenal and thanks to that Quattro 4WD system this beauty allows effortless delivery of all that power and holds the road like it’s on rails.

The R8 V10 Plus is a beast straight from the factory but the previous owner has added some carefully selected extras to perfect this masterpiece. CT Carbon rear diffuser, full upgraded aero kit, Carbon Ceramic brakes, and of course that insane Purple Innozetek wrap which makes this one of the most unique looking R8’s out there!

Once again, this is the cheapest tickets we’ve ever done to win a supercar, plus we’re also offering the option of a life-changing £60,000 cash alternative so we don’t expect these tickets to stick around for long. If you want a chance to own the perfect daily driver supercar for just 35p then you’ll need to be quick.

Good luck!

Audi R8 V10 Plus

2016 (66) 34,000 miles
Full Innozetek Purple Wrap
Gloss black styling pack
Full service history from Audi
Recently had a major service at QST
Brand new tyres & recent MOT
Personalised R8 number plate
Carbon ceramic brakes
CT Carbon rear diffuser
Full Maxton aero-kit gloss black
Wheel spacers
Bang & Olufsen Speakers
Comfort and sound pack
Extended leather
Matrix headlights
Heated + folding mirrors
Electric seats
Factory sports exhaust system

Plus much more!

https://llfgames.com/competition/600bhp ... -v10-plus/
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Nice economical daily driver albeit in a horrendous colour! :crazy:

FULL DETAILS:

2016 Aston Martin DB11
Launch Edition
5.2L Twin Turbo V12 Petrol
8 Speed Automatic
Paddle Shift
602 BHP
0-60 3.9S
35,450 Miles
Full Service History
12 Months MOT
Finished in Frosted Glass Blue
Black Roof
Black Leather Interior With Red Stitching
Heated Electric Memory Seats
20″ Polished & Black Alloys
Red Brake Callipers
Adjustable Drive Modes
Adjustable Suspension
Reverse Camera
Parking Sensors
Aston Martin Media System
Touch and Wheel Media Control System
Push Button Start
DAB
USB
Bluetooth
Twin Rear Exhausts (Sounds incredible)
Multifunction Steering Wheel
4 Seats
Suede Headlining
Digital Dash Display
Air Conditioning
Doors Raise on Opening
Soft Close Bonnet
Rear Deployable Wing
Double Glazed Windows

https://www.revcomps.com/product/2016-a ... b11-50000/
Potter

Post by Potter »

My son in law has an R8, he also has a couple of other cars and rarely drives the R8, mainly because it's not that exciting and every time he drives it something breaks on it, the maintenance costs have been horrendous.

And that Aston Martin is horrible.
Egg shell blue is a lovely colour, on a Porsche GT3, but not on an Aston, it looks dreadful.
IMHO the only colours you can get away with on an Aston is silver or perhaps black, it's like a Ferrari that isn't red or yellow, it just looks wrong.

I seem to have a downer on almost everything posted on this page :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

R8s have a terrible reputation on the auto boxes. Reverse gently...

I totally agree about the colour of the Aston, "frosted glass blue" apparently! WTF came up with that. :wtf:

Gotta disagree about Ferraris though, black Ferraris are epic! 8-)

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

:wub: Dont think I could ride it butmight risk 69p to (hopefully) find out! :D

The KTM 1290 Super Duke has earned the nickname "The BEAST" for very good reason. Being a super-naked with a huge 1301cc engine strapped to the frame, you can see where the name comes from.
The 1301cc V-Twin cylinder engine produces just under 180bhp and just over 140nm of torque, incredibly impressive figures for a road bike.
To assist in controlling the 1290, it comes fitted with variable driving modes, active wheelie-control and an ABS system. To compliment the mind-bogling technical systems, the KTM has a full HD dash display, which includes "KTM My Ride" connectivity.

We're giving you the chance to own this 1290 Super Duke for as little as 69p! Grab tickets while you can!
2021 Model
Only 2k Miles
3 Months Warranty
1301cc V-Twin Cylinder Engine
Black and Orange Paintwork
Specifications;
Austin Racing Exhaust System
2 x 320mm Disc Brembo Four-Piston Radial Caliper Front Brakes
240mm Disc Twin Piston Caliper Rear Brakes
Front and Rear Cornering ABS
48mm USD Forks Fully Adjustable Front Suspension
Single WP Shock Fully Adjustable Rear Suspension
Full Steel Trellis Frame
Quickshifter Plus Heated Grips
KTM Powerparts Leavers
KTM Powerparts Reservoir Caps
KTM Comfort Seats
Evotech Rad Guard and Bar Ends
Tail Tidy
https://7daysperformance.co.uk/product/ ... rduke-1290

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

£1 a ticket but be quick if you want to enjoy this glorious summer with the lid down! :thumbup:

https://www.revcomps.com/product/2016-m ... d=1&pid=26

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I had £5.26 in my account so bought 5 as i'm sure the wife would enjoy that
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Another manual Porsche! :wtf:

The ultimate drivers car with our Porsche Cayman GT4 3.8 in Manual with Clubsport pack
.Oh yes.. Porsche fans and car drivers get ready for the achingly gorgeous Porsche GT4 Clubsport finished in gloss white ready for fast road action and wow what a car to have in the garage.
Sharing its chassis and suspension from the 911 GT3 and with that 3.8 liter flat-six engine hooked up to yes badgers a manual box and sports exhaust this is arguably up there with some of the best performance cars that still combines track day handling and some practicality at the same time. This GT4 has the full bodykit and rear apron and spoiler riding on 20 inch alloy wheels with a huge specification list below. Alcantara steering wheel, carbon bucket seats, yellow seat belts and roll cage this is a proper road going track car that delivers blistering performance thanks to 385bhp with 0-60 in just 4.2 seconds but its the handling that makes this car so special with that GT3 derived set up and Porsche active suspension management with a number of driving modes along with active sports exhaust this is an absolute belter of a Porsche so check out the spec and gallery.
Full specification
2016 Clubsport Cayman GT4
3.8 Flat six - 385BHP
Manual 6 speed
Carbon Bucket Seats
GT4 Roll Cage
Yellow Seat Belts and door handles
Active Sports exhaust
Full Porsche Service History
52,000 Miles
2 x 25 Watt Output
20in Alloy Wheels
GT4 Platinum 7in Colour Display ABD
Automatic Brake Differential
ASR – Anti Slip Regulation
Active Carbon Filter Air Conditioning
Alarm System
Aluminium Brushed Centre Console
Trim Armrest on Drivers Door – Alcantara
CDR Audio System
Brushed Aluminium Trim
Centre Console Badge with GT4 Logo Door Mirrors –
Electrically Adjustable and Heated Driving Light Assistant EDTC –
Engine Drag Torque Control Electric Parking Brake Electronic Immobiliser –
Transponder System Fixed Rear Spoiler with Integrated Trailing Edge – Gurney Flap
Footwell Illumination – LED
Front Apron with Integrated Air Inlets
GT4 Rear Wing
Body Coloured Gear Selector
Alcantara Glove Compartment Illumination
Automatic Dynamic Headlight Levelling
Headrests with Stitched GT4 Logo in Platinum Grey
Instrument Cluster Dials in Black with Yellow Pointers Instrument Cluster with Central Rev Counter
4.6in TFT VGA Display
MSR – Motor Slip Regulation PASM
Porsche Active Suspension Management
PSM – Porsche Stability Management
GT4 Logo on Rear Apron in Black
Power Release Buttons for Front-Rear Luggage Compartments Lids
Radio with Twin Tuner
Rear Apron with Bottom Part in Diffuser Look with Fins Rear Side Panel Air Intakes with Side Blades and Embossed GT4 Logo
Roof Lining in Alcantara
Seats – Adjustable Backrests Lip in Black Sport Mode Button Sport Plus Button Sports Seats Plus
Electrical 2 Way Steering Wheel
Titanium Coloured Rev Counter with GT4 Logo Touchscreen – Display Screen
Tyre Pressure Monitoring – TPM Universal Audio Interface

https://www.aspirecomps.co.uk/shop/prod ... -10th-july
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

:wtf: :lol:

1981 AUSTIN VANDEN PLAS
Enter for £6.00

On September 17, 1974, the Vanden Plas 1500, based on the Austin Allegro, was released as the successor to the Princess 1300. It was equipped with British Leyland’s ‘E’ series 1485cc overhead camshaft engine, and had a single SU HS6 carburettor, producing 68bhp at 5500rpm.

Unlike the Princess 11/1300s, the Mark 1 model did not include the picnic tables on the back of the front seats, and it had slightly less rear legroom compared to its predecessor. However, it featured highly polished burr walnut on the uniquely designed fascia and door cards. The seats were upholstered in leather, with bound Wilton carpets over additional sound deadening covering the floor, and the cabin roof was trimmed in nylon cloth. A total of 3,640 Mark 1s were produced before the Mark 2 model was launched in October 1975.

The Mark 2 Vanden Plas 1500 had revised suspension settings, offering a much-improved ride, while the engine and transmission remained unchanged. Inside, the rear seats were adjusted and moved back to provide more legroom, and due to customer demand, picnic tables were added as a standard feature to the rear of the front seats. A total of 7,318 Mark 2s were produced before the introduction of the Mark 3 model in October 1979.

The Mark 3 models (like this one) underwent slight name changes. The manual transmission version retained the 1485cc engine but was now fitted with twin SU type H1F4 carburettors, increasing the power output to 77bhp at 5750rpm. This version was named the Vanden Plas 1.5.

Externally, the Mark 3 cars featured a flat boot lid, black surrounds for the front and rear windscreens, black door mirrors, and side indicator repeaters on each front wing. Internally, a radio and front seat headrests became standard features, and the interior door handles were changed from chrome to black.

The Vanden Plas factory at Kingsbury closed in July 1979, with all remaining cars finished at MG Abingdon. Production of the Mark 3 ended in August 1980, with a total production run of 752 manual and 232 automatic models.

Our 1981 Vanden Plas is one of those 752 manual models. It was actually built at the Austin factory at Longbridge before being finished and Trimmed at MG Abingdon. Originally leaving the factory finished in Silver Grey Metallic, it was repainted in the late 1980s in Rover Cashmere Gold over Vanden Plas Tan trim.

Since being in the Bridge Classic Cars workshop, it has undergone some paint repairs as well as having a new water pump fitted.

1 of just 752 manual Mark 3 models made
1.5-litre engine with 5-speed manual gearbox
Originally finished in Silver Grey metallic but repainted Rover Cashmere Gold in the late 1980s
Vanden Plas Tan trim
Bridge Classic Cars pre-delivery inspection

https://www.bridgeclassiccarscompetitio ... nden-plas/

Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Six quid a ticket! More than the cars worth :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Worth winning so you can hide it away and save other people from having to look at it :thumbup: Consider it a public service.