What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

636mick wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:37 pm It’s indeed a beautiful part of the country. Glastonbury has the nicest smelling high street I’ve ever been in, jos sticks, patchouli, etc, but also has a lot of oddly dressed people, but each to their own. The Tor has some great views, if it’s not raining.
I haven't been to Glastonbury for years n years n years!! But back when I was young (when I were a lass!) it was the same - although the smell was mainly etc! The other stuff was a vague attempt to hide the etc!! :lol: It was hippyville/hippyheaven! So 'oddly dressed' was 100% the norm :D :D I never did fit in but more cos I was too straight to appreciate the etc (although I actually can't smell it, it smells like Marlboro cigs to me). I was Wells based :D

636mick wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:37 pmTomorrow is Wells, Cheddar and Wooky Hole, plus some other places.
Sunday is Van Morrison, which is why we came here.
Lovely part of the world to grow up in.
Mick
We lived on the road between Shepton Mallet and Glastonbury, very close to the Festival site (Pilton Pop Festival as was!). Went to school in Wells and I lived there for about 10-15 years after. Learnt to ride a bike all over the Mendips. Blooming awesome!

Have loads of fun x
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Just connected my Starlink, now to disconnect and run the cables properly. Download speed is currently 220mbps compared to the 8 to 10mbps I get on the old system.
Horse

Post by Horse »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:31 am Yesterday I ate some icecream, it went through me like shit through a goose. Ozempic was the suspect.
Today I ate some more icecream & had the same reaction.

This would appear to point at the devastating conclusion that iceceam is now off the menu :(
I've no idea what ozempic is or does.

However, could you be lactose intolerant? It can occur later in life. The 'harder' the dairy product, the less the effects. Cream is probably the other end of the scale.

There are other symptoms, I describe as 'summer storm': initial rumblings, then the wind increases, finally the heavy rainfall.

You can get lactase tablets to replace the missing enzyme. Might be worth a try.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Horse wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:11 am
ZRX61 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:31 am Yesterday I ate some icecream, it went through me like shit through a goose. Ozempic was the suspect.
Today I ate some more icecream & had the same reaction.

This would appear to point at the devastating conclusion that iceceam is now off the menu :(
I've no idea what ozempic is or does.

However, could you be lactose intolerant? It can occur later in life. The 'harder' the dairy product, the less the effects. Cream is probably the other end of the scale.

There are other symptoms, I describe as 'summer storm': initial rumblings, then the wind increases, finally the heavy rainfall.

You can get lactase tablets to replace the missing enzyme. Might be worth a try.
Ozempic is used to treat type 2 diabetes...probably caused by stuff like ice cream. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Count Steer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:17 am Ozempic is used to treat type 2 diabetes...probably caused by stuff like ice cream. :D
A mate is diabetic. Was getting horrendous grief, digestion-wise. Consultant decided it was the diabetic ones

Didn't work, he'd developed gluten intolerance or similar.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Looking at cars again.
Just viewed a Renault Clio 4 estate, not too shabby but a bit pricey, just waiting in a layby with a coffee to go see a ford c-max.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Sitting on a ferry with the world's slowest WiFi.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:24 pm Sitting on a ferry with the world's slowest WiFi.
I thought wifi on trains was a great idea until I saw it was just a tethered mobile connection, so no better than I already had.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Mussels wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:30 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:24 pm Sitting on a ferry with the world's slowest WiFi.
I thought wifi on trains was a great idea until I saw it was just a tethered mobile connection, so no better than I already had.
I could pay, and allegedly it would be better. I however am a cheapskate. Free WiFi for me.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Gonna hit WallyWorld while it's still *cool* enough to actually touch the steering wheel in the ST. I have welding gloves in the SBH.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Woke up stupidly early (comes from waking up really early for over a week looking for a clear sky!) so had done loads of washing before the world woke up!!

Was invited to a beer festival with three lovely couples, so I said I'd meet them there - but it rained all morning so one of them offered to pick me up. Was dry at the time they came round so I felt bad about not riding - then it's pee'd down at the beer festival, so I felt much less guilty! LOL

Here's hoping for sunny weather tomorrow! :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

The 'excellent' condition Cmax had a smashed grill, correspondingly offset gap twixt bonnet and front bumper on 1 side and a towbar shaped hole in the rear bumper.
When asked when the cambelt was last changed, it was met with a gallic shrug.
Typically, renault owner not answering the phone!
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Another open day with youngest daughter. Edge Hill, in Ormskirk. Seems quite a lovely place.

The library is awesome.
Attachments
IMG_9811.jpeg
IMG_9811.jpeg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 167 times
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Dropped a Dorito on the carpet, then stepped on the fucking thing as I got up to look for it which reduced it to crumbs.

Went to the office to get the vac but it wasn't in there. Came out of the office to find it sitting right there on the damn floor where I'd walked past it on the way to the office.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Not sure if this is a literal Dorito, or....
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Been to look at cars for her in doors.

Cupra Born. Was a nope, she felt it was cheap and nasty (she's driving 2014 SL350 which was £70k when new, most stuff is going to feel cheap and nasty).

Cupra Formentor Plug in Hybrid... they've got a cracking 0% PCP deal and she could charge it for free at work. They only imported 1900 for the 0% deal and they've all sold.

MB GLA250e (Plug in Hybrid). She decided she wanted it. Made a booking to to go back and test drive tomorrow, but she's now changed her mind.

So tomorrow, we're going to look at a used BMW X2 and... a Mazda MX30.

The MX30's are an amazing deal new, 0% PCP, £6k deposit contribution, etc..., but you can buy one 6 months old with 150 miles on the clock for £10k less. They depreciate like a very stoney stone.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Booked a place in the Transylvanian mountains and plotted a Transfagarian road trip 😎
Felix

Post by Felix »

Sunny wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:50 pm Booked a place in the Transylvanian mountains and plotted a Transfagarian road trip 😎
Son inlaw starts a new job come Monday what has an office in Bucharest. He is a keen hill walker and is going to wet his pants at the thought of the Transylvanian Mountains.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Was in the garage just before 10pm. Pointed the IR thermometer at one of my bench vises: 99.8deg
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got up and had breakfast! LOL Productive so far :lol: :lol:

A friend told me to look at Kia cars, so I've been doing that. Price comparable to the Dacia I was looking at, but a 7 year warranty, sooooo . . . .

Now sitting looking at the patch or blue sky and hoping it expands enough to dry the roads and I'll head to the valley for a cinnamon roll! Although while I'm waiting I'm gonna make brownies and crumpets, so will probably get distracted and miss the cinnamon rolls :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully meeting mates for Irish coffees (or iced coffees maybe) this afternoon :D :D :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: