Greens
5%
Iccy's Bumming Hat Party
24%

Total votes: 55

gremlin

Re: Who Will You Vote For?

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:31 pm Assuming labour get in, do you think they'll go after all the sleazy dealings during Covid? Big money was given to MP's chums.
No mileage in that at all.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:19 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:31 pm Assuming labour get in, do you think they'll go after all the sleazy dealings during Covid? Big money was given to MP's chums.
It would be refreshing to see the 'proceeds of crime' legislation being used on white collar criminals for a change...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

And risk all their future sleazy dealings being dragged through the courts once their term/s has finished?
Horse

Post by Horse »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:42 pm If Reuters figures are correct, we might even see the Lib Dems become the official Opposition...
A week or so back, The Telegraph had 'worst case's results as Con 58 and LD 50. Lab with 500+

Many high profile Cons losing seats, inc Sunak.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:44 pm
It would be refreshing to see the 'proceeds of crime' legislation being used on white collar criminals for a change...
Without derailing this thread, proving that any crime has been committed would be nigh on impossible. In a similar vein to the financial crash, CEOs of banks simply couldn't be prosecuted as there was nothing on the statute books to nab them for.
More value in standing in a storm and pissing into the wind.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Anyhow....

GO VOTE!!!
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:20 am

Without derailing this thread, proving that any crime has been committed would be nigh on impossible. In a similar vein to the financial crash, CEOs of banks simply couldn't be prosecuted as there was nothing on the statute books to nab them for.

We need more laws then. These guilty people must be punished.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Voting for no one. After throwing a dart it my postal vote slip i put it in the envelope only for it to return to me two days later. I put the address slip in the wrong way round :lol: :lol:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:56 am

Bring in as many as you want. Laws cannot be applied retrospectively.
And if we're gonna start a Banana Republic and start spurious kangaroo courts...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl55lp79dzno

Who's up against the wall for that debacle?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Felix wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:19 am Voting for no one. After throwing a dart it my postal vote slip i put it in the envelope only for it to return to me two days later. I put the address slip in the wrong way round :lol: :lol:
I suggest two new forum rules:

If you don't vote, you can't post on political matters.

If you do vote, you can post on the condition you don't keep harping on, and on, and on, ad infinitum, like some sort of deranged, delirious parrot with a political leaning. :thumbup:
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:41 am
cheb wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:56 am

Bring in as many as you want. Laws cannot be applied retrospectively.
And if we're gonna start a Banana Republic and start spurious kangaroo courts...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl55lp79dzno

Who's up against the wall for that debacle?
Then we bring in a law that says they can. Simples.

The storage looks like a standard fuck up rather than a conspiracy. If we are going to prosecute for fuck ups we're going to need a bigger law court.

I like the concept of a life simulator, you put in your plan and what you know will happen and press the go button. If it what you said doesn't happen it triggers the pistol pointed at the back of your head.
irie

Post by irie »

Felix wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:19 am Voting for no one. After throwing a dart it my postal vote slip i put it in the envelope only for it to return to me two days later. I put the address slip in the wrong way round :lol: :lol:
Before leaving for Brittany on 29th we shredded our postal votes because we couldn't bring ourselves to vote for any of the dodgy fuckers on offer.

No doubt Labour will hail the seemingly inevitable landslide as a massive vote of confidence in them whereas in reality they're currently a bit less shitter than the other alternatives. But I'm confident that Labour will correct that position within a year or two. ;)
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

irie wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:52 am No doubt Labour will hail the seemingly inevitable landslide as a massive vote of confidence in them whereas in reality they're currently a bit less shitter than the other alternatives. But I'm confident that Labour will correct that position within a year or two. ;)
Console yourself with the thought that while the choices on offer here don't exactly set the pulses racing, they're nowhere near as bad as those on offer on the other side of the Atlantic.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

irie wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:52 am
Before leaving for Brittany on 29th we shredded our postal votes because we couldn't bring ourselves to vote for any of the dodgy fuckers on offer.

No doubt Labour will hail the seemingly inevitable landslide as a massive vote of confidence in them whereas in reality they're currently a bit less shitter than the other alternatives. But I'm confident that Labour will correct that position within a year or two. ;)
I'm hoping a good trashing in Scotland will give the SNP the clear mandate they are always banging on about, they will take it as a sign that nobody wants independence and disband.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

irie wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:52 am

So, now that you've denied yourself the opportunity to make your voice heard and take part in the national democratic process, are you going to do the same in here?
non quod, sed quomodo
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Rockburner wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:20 am So, now that you've denied yourself the opportunity to make your voice heard and take part in the national democratic process, are you going to do the same in here?
Why ? It's a completely different thing. Having an opinion/discussion is a completely different thing?
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:21 am
Rockburner wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:20 am So, now that you've denied yourself the opportunity to make your voice heard and take part in the national democratic process, are you going to do the same in here?
Why ? It's a completely different thing. Having an opinion/discussion is a completely different thing?
Exactly: i was opening a discussion.

It's an interesting concept, having an opinion about something versus doing something about it.
non quod, sed quomodo
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Can't we just pretend? It might just stop the endless bickering and broken record diatribe. :thumbup:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rockburner wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:24 am

It's an interesting concept, having an opinion about something versus doing something about it.
I'm running an Apathy Workshop. Who wants to come? ;)
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:25 am
Rockburner wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:24 am

I'm running an Apathy Workshop. Who wants to come? ;)
I think about it....

Will there be biscuits?
non quod, sed quomodo