Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Noggin »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:47 pm The Dacia Spring is only £15k in the UK and an auto... What with it being electric.
Still 17763.90€ on currency conversion! But as cars are generally expensive here, the Spring is probably more too.

Can't really have an electric where I live :(

Google suggests 18k for a Spring
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

18,900E on the French Dacia site.

Thought they'd be cheaper in France what with Dacia being Renault.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:21 pm 18,900E on the French Dacia site.

That probably is cheap - for France!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

When you ask a specific question when buying long distance, and they bullshit you!
Grrrrr
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Samuel Smith pubs. I have no issue with a pub selling only its own beers, but FFS, at least make one of the them drinkable. :sick:

Even their spirits are disappointing, and I know this because I switched to G&T as the beer was so bad. :thumbdown:
Last edited by gremlin on Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:34 am Samuel Smith pubs. I have issue with a pub selling only its own beers, but FFS, at least make one of the them drinkable. :sick:

Even their spirits are disappointing, and I know this because I switched to G&T as the beer was so bad. :thumbdown:
Our pubs are havens from the digital world – there are no TVs or background music. The use of mobile phones, laptops and other tech is not allowed in our pubs. Friendly pub conversation is encouraged (no swearing!) together with the responsible enjoyment of our beers.
Yeah sounds like a fun place. Happily there isn't one within 15 miles of me.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:34 am Samuel Smith pubs. I have issue with a pub selling only its own beers, but FFS, at least make one of the them drinkable. :sick:

I've been to the brewery and lived fairly close at one time. My local pub was a Sam's pub and beer was always good. As all the Sam's pubs in Leeds & Bradford. A crap landlord can kill a beer very easily.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:39 am

I've been to the brewery and lived fairly close at one time. My local pub was a Sam's pub and beer was always good. As all the Sam's pubs in Leeds & Bradford. A crap landlord can kill a beer very easily.

Just to make you feel smug, a pint of their organic lager was....£7.90 a pint. :o

Being as all the beer in The Captain Kidd was so bad, I stuck with their Alpine Lager, which kicks in a very sensible 3.4%, as I've a busy day today. Even that now comes up at £4.90 a pint.

On the way back through Wapping to London Bridge, we stopped for one more in the lovely Town of Ramsgate. Had to have one pint of something half-decent on a night out, so went for the Beavertown Neck Oil. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I loves Neck Oil.

Sam Smiths lager is usually alright, better than Carling and Fosters anyway.
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Italian roads
We developed a bit of vibration on the way back from Italy, felt like I'd lost a wheel weight.
Had a check around the van, couldn't see anything glaringly obvious.
Yesterday I was getting a lot of flashes from cars behind me. Pulled over, had a walk round, couldn't see anything obvious, carried on, more flashes, stop, look, nada. Eventually a Frenchie stopped and said 'renflement dans le pneu'
Looked, nothing! He asked me to roll forward slowly. Then I had a look and saw the inside of the tyre, fmob! And guess who had left the jack/tools at home! A very cautious drive back home!
FB_IMG_1719482343280.jpg
FB_IMG_1719482343280.jpg (74.86 KiB) Viewed 365 times
FB_IMG_1719482351175.jpg
FB_IMG_1719482351175.jpg (188.85 KiB) Viewed 365 times
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:30 am ...better than Carling and Fosters anyway.
Truly damning with faint praise. :lol:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

The new Sonos app which dropped a few weeks ago. Pile of fucking shite. So many features dropped, now being quietly reinstated, plus issues with streaming accounts such as Deezer and Apple.

Fast pissing me off, with a lot of other users judging by the posts on the Sonos Community forum.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:25 am The new Sonos app which dropped a few weeks ago. Pile of fucking shite. So many features dropped, now being quietly reinstated, plus issues with streaming accounts such as Deezer and Apple.

Fast pissing me off, with a lot of other users judging by the posts on the Sonos Community forum.
Post update, it was unusable for me - didn't even recognise the kit. Last few updates have made it a lot better but still not right....
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

v8-powered wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:53 am
gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:25 am The new Sonos app which dropped a few weeks ago. Pile of fucking shite. So many features dropped, now being quietly reinstated, plus issues with streaming accounts such as Deezer and Apple.

Post update, it was unusable for me - didn't even recognise the kit. Last few updates have made it a lot better but still not right....
Are you getting 'Something went wrong' when trying to play something from your service? If I look up an artist, it'll find them, but gives the error message when you try to play the most popular songs, discography, etc.

Only just started happening for me, but the fourm suggests it's widespread. :roll:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:18 pm
v8-powered wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:53 am

Are you getting 'Something went wrong' when trying to play something from your service? If I look up an artist, it'll find them, but gives the error message when you try to play the most popular songs, discography, etc.

Only just started happening for me, but the fourm suggests it's widespread. :roll:
Haven't had that issue, no - had an issue were every time I opened the app it took ages to find the system, kind of annoying if you just want to turn the volume down!
Everything else seems stable now though (Android app)
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

Noggin wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:33 pm

Does it HAVE to be an auto?
I have a Right Hand Drive French Registered 2017 Duster with <45,000 miles on the clock ?!
Sadlonelygit wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:11 am Italian roads
We developed a bit of vibration on the way back from Italy, felt like I'd lost a wheel weight.
Had a check around the van, couldn't see anything glaringly obvious.
Yesterday I was getting a lot of flashes from cars behind me. Pulled over, had a walk round, couldn't see anything obvious, carried on, more flashes, stop, look, nada. Eventually a Frenchie stopped and said 'renflement dans le pneu'
Looked, nothing! He asked me to roll forward slowly. Then I had a look and saw the inside of the tyre, fmob! And guess who had left the jack/tools at home! A very cautious drive back home!
FB_IMG_1719482343280.jpg
FB_IMG_1719482351175.jpg
You were Very unlucky to have damaged a tyre on the inside egde like that but EXTREMELY lucky that people could see it and warn you !
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jody wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:15 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:33 pm

Does it HAVE to be an auto?
I have a Right Hand Drive French Registered 2017 Duster with <45,000 miles on the clock ?!
Yes. I know I'll be having more shoulder surgery in a few years and the nerve issue isn't likely to get any better, so not worth going manual and then having to change later.

Also has to be LHD :D :D :angelic-green:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Our Quooker tap just failed and also the shower in the family bathroom has stopped working too. I sense ££££'s :thumbdown:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Friendface Marketplace.

Listed a washer/dryer and a dishwasher. £50 each. Cheapest available within 100 mile radius, half decent stuff only a couple of years old.

Both in good nick, only selling because the new kitchen has integrated appliances.

1. Washer. Got a million (maybe even a billion) "Is this still available", offered to the first to message. Failed to turn up twice. Offered to the next person, failed to turn up. Re-listed, got a trillion "Is this still available". One woman pestered so much I told her she could have it if collected that day. Turned up and paid the money, job jobbed... finally.

2. Dishwasher. Got one message, seemed kosher, wanted to pick Wednesday (today), turns up, checks it over. I plug it in and all is good. Two hours later I get a message "we plugged it in and the display just flashes". "Bring it back and you can have your money back" I says. Ten mins later... "We've plugged it into a different socket and it works now". Fucking scammers saw my nice cars and my Gant shirt and thought I'd write it off.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

New motor has radar guided cruise control. The old one was suppposed to have it but didn't 'cause of Covid supply chain nonsense blah blah.

Anyway, new one now has a little button with a picture of two cars where the old one had a button with a picture of a speedo.

£130pa subscription service to you sir! So far as I can work out, the cruise control doesn't work at all unless you cough up for the radar guided subscription :think:

Fortunately I tend to just set the speed limiter and hold my foot flat on the floor on long drives :D