Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If you're gonna be a swinger, being mobile probably isn't a bad shout.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:43 am A floating Pikey is still a floating Pikey, no matter the interior decor... ;)

(See the pampas grass? Swingers, to boot)
All the interior needs is a pineapple design somewhere in full view!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:15 pm If you're gonna be a swinger, being mobile probably isn't a bad shout.
Ever tried making a quick getaway in a narrowboat?

(And on that subject, you do realise that some unlucky couple are still driving around in the Krankie's car... ;) )
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:50 am
Potter wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:56 am https://www.revcomps.com/product/2020-m ... d-ed-1000/

An MV Agusta Brutale RC.
Not as good as the Dragster IMO, the front end on the Brutale is too vague but the Dragster ergonomics mean you put more weight over the front end and it feels absolutely planted because of it.
Lovely looking thing... but that's Wayyyyyyy too rich for me personally. Not sure why, but i prefer the lower cost higher odds. But that said, since we started this thread i've only entered 3 events.
I’m a bit the same, the higher the ticket price the less likely I am to enter, but it will be worth a tenner to the person that wins it.

I might have a punt on the barge, an old mate lives in one, haven’t seen him in ages but he seems to love it, it’s a choice thing too, he had a big house but he sold up and tuned out, etc.
I read a bit about it and there is bureaucracy to deal with, you can only moor for a certain time, permanent mooring is expensive and if you’re going to moor permanently then what’s the point, just buy a house.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Potter wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:33 am
I might have a punt on the barge, an old mate lives in one, haven’t seen him in ages but he seems to love it, it’s a choice thing too, he had a big house but he sold up and tuned out, etc.
I read a bit about it and there is bureaucracy to deal with, you can only moor for a certain time, permanent mooring is expensive and if you’re going to moor permanently then what’s the point, just buy a house.
I love the idea, but am more of a sea girl. My grandparents lived on a converted 1912 (I think) lifeboat for 20+ years. It was originally an open topped lifeboat that was rowed by 12 men (again, I think). Before my grandad bought it, a guy started to convert it and had done the top and the masts (it had two) and named it after his wife and daughters - Sheloma. Then they told him in no uncertain terms that they weren't interested in sailing :(

So my Grandad bought it. My Grannie sewed the sails and between them they designed the insides (on paper patterns cos she was a seamstress - the boat yard guys laughed LOUD at her for bringing them paper patterns but she was a very fierce woman! So they cut the pieces as requested and everything fitted perfectly!!). They sold their house after a test summer and moored the yacht at Cadogan Pier in London for winter, then sailed cross channel all spring and summer. They were known in all ports with a marina for yachts up and down the uk and european coasts!!

So, whilst I love the idea of boat living, I'd much rather have open sea to canals!!! (Barges would be way more stable I guess!! LOL)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Best of both worlds? (No sails to faff about with too :D )

https://www.steelboats.co.uk/fcn_steel_ ... barge.html
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:44 am Best of both worlds? (No sails to faff about with too :D )

https://www.steelboats.co.uk/fcn_steel_ ... barge.html
I can appreciate it, but sails are the thing for me!! (Quite often, the moment the engine starts I get queasy!! I can sail in really bad storms with no sickness, but as soon as we put the engine on to go up the river to the mooring, I would feel queasy - totally ruined a weekend cruise on the Queen Mary with work! I was so looking forward to it. The moment engines on I wanted to get off!! LOL
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The latest house from Omaze. Was up for sale at a a smidge under £6 million! But, its in hackney and hasn't even got a garden! :wtf: Mind you £12ka month rental is appealing!

Original rightmove listing https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/ ... el=RES_BUY

Omaze link https://omaze.co.uk/pages/london-iv
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I won on RevComps!!!! :thumbup: Not a car though... :thumbdown:

BALANCE £10.04
MONDAY BONUS DRAW WIN
June 27, 2024+£10.00
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Hate the interior door handles, but I guess I could own it for a 65p stake! :thumbup: Who am I kidding, £65k cash alternative all the way !

Win This 2021 Porsche 718 GT4 & £1,000 Cash *SHARK BLUE*
ENTRIES ONLY 65p
2021 Porsche 718 GT4
4.0 Petrol
PDK Automatic
Mileage: 4k Miles
Full Car Paint Protection Film
The Porsche GT4 is one of the best driving machines about. The GT4’s chassis is in perfect balance with the engine, creating a lightweight handling masterpiece of a car.
Being a full fledged Porsche GT car, the GT4 is now considered as one of Porsche’s finest performance machines. Coming with 414 BHP and 309 LB-FT of torque, you can really see why!
We are giving you the chance to own one of Porsches best sports cars, for only 65p!
Specification:
Carbon Fibre Buckets Seats
Yellow Seat Belts + Door Handles
Carbon Fibre Interior Package
Sport Chrono Package
Bose Sound System
Gloss Black Door Handles & Lower Mirror Section
CASH ALTERNATIVE AVAILABLE TO THE WINNER
https://www.clickcompetitions.co.uk/com ... orschegt4/

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

'Shark Blue'?

How many blue sharks have you ever seen?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:49 am Hate the interior door handles, but I guess I could own it for a 65p stake! :thumbup: Who am I kidding, £65k cash alternative all the way !

ENTRIES ONLY 65p
2021 Porsche 718 GT4
4.0 Petrol
PDK Automatic
The Porsche GT4 is one of the best driving machines about. The GT4’s chassis is in perfect balance with the engine, creating a lightweight handling masterpiece of a car.
Being a full fledged Porsche GT car, the GT4 is now considered as one of Porsche’s finest performance machines. Coming with 414 BHP and 309 LB-FT of torque, you can really see why!
We are giving you the chance to own one of Porsches best sports cars, for only 65p!
Specification:
Sport Chrono Package
Bose Sound System

Automatic = dog shit.
I'd take the money.

I'll never own another auto sports car.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Potter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:04 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:49 am Hate the interior door handles, but I guess I could own it for a 65p stake! :thumbup: Who am I kidding, £65k cash alternative all the way !

ENTRIES ONLY 65p
2021 Porsche 718 GT4
4.0 Petrol
PDK Automatic
Specification:
Sport Chrono Package
Bose Sound System
Automatic = dog shit.
I'd take the money.

I'll never own another auto sports car.
I'm the opposite. A manual is an historic vehicle for me and a very old fashioned way to drive. DCT for the win! 8-) :thumbup:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:51 pm
I'm the opposite. A manual is an historic vehicle for me and a very old fashioned way to drive. DCT for the win! 8-) :thumbup:
In a normal daily driver yes, but in a sports car it robs you of the interaction and I’ve never found an auto yet in a sports car that doesn’t feel like it’s trying to tear the car apart when you floor it and it’s changing at max revs. Even the PDK, which is supposed to be the best, feels like it’s going to break when you go from first to second at the redline.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Supercars make sense to me...flappy padels are what race cars have after all. A new McLaren with three pedals would just seem odd to me.

Sports cars though, manual seems the more natural fit.

And yeah of course it feels a bit savage, you can't change gear in one hundredth of a second at full power/rpm completely smoothly :D. In an F1 car the twisting of the tyres and driveshafts is all that stops you breaking it*.

*slightly misleading of course cause F1 cars have an even more aggressive layout of gearbox
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I went crazy and have gone for this

https://www.pristinecompetitions.co.uk/ ... ta-bundle/

Potter

Post by Potter »

Burnt orange seems to be very popular this year, a throwback to the 70s I think.
wull

Post by wull »

Looks very similar to BMW’s Sakhir Orange.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Potter wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:22 pm Burnt orange seems to be very popular this year, a throwback to the 70s I think.
Pistonheads did a "spotted" last year about this Gloriously 70s Orange Aston with silver leather. I really like it :obscene-birdiedoublered:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-spo ... tted/47726

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

And its manual as i know some of you weirdos like that! ;) :D

The 993 was the last of the 911's to be fitted with the legendary air cooled engine, these have now become a modern classic with prices quickly appreciating in the last couple of years. Along with it's iconic shape and lines this 993 now also benefits from being slightly lower and the arches being filled by new RS style wheels.

1994(M) Porsche 993 Carrera 2 3.6
6 Speed Manual
Full Service History - Large history file
Only 92,000 Miles
Iris Blue Metallic Paintwork
RS Front Splitter
RS Style Rear Spoiler
RS Side Skirts
Electric Sunroof
Blaupunkt Bremen Stereo
Momo Steering Wheel
Bilstein Coilovers
Stainless Steel Exhaust
Brand New RS Style Wheels - Michelin Tyres
Freshly Detailed June 24
Fresh Check over April 24
In summary this is a modern classic that wants for nothing, can be driven and enjoyed with summer around the corner it would make for some great road trips. Gareth who previously won this car offered us the opportunity to buy the car back and we couldn't refuse with it being such a great example. We have since added some new touches such as the lower splitter, skirts & spoiler.

Includes £1000 towards tax/insurance/collection
https://dreamcargiveaways.co.uk/competi ... era-1000-2