What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by cheb »

One of my pointless dreams is to have a house with bridge access.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:47 pm One of my pointless dreams is to have a house with bridge access.
Buy a house in Wales. :)

No one will visit, mind.
Horse

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:47 pm One of my pointless dreams is to have a house with bridge access.
After the slightly damp winter of 2013-14, estate agents have more trouble shifting riverside properties.

Mind you, I heard Paul Daniels interviewed, saying that his drive was flooded and he'd looked on Google for "hard core" :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Went for a cycle around Camden. Cycled along the canal and went past some people smoking, got told by a bird that my heels were nice (as in my cycle shoes ) 🤣🤣🤣

Loads of van covered with graff,
Attachments
E1652752-1510-43B4-BCBB-53E8D87DA562.jpeg
E1652752-1510-43B4-BCBB-53E8D87DA562.jpeg (204.56 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Skub

Post by Skub »

On my daily dander a film company has set up camp 10 minutes from my house. They are recording a television piece named 'The Awakening'. Apparently it's on the topic of women's emancipation. On International men's day of course. The fuckers just can't let us have one day,can they! :roll:

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:59 pm On my daily dander a film company has set up camp 10 minutes from my house. They are recording a television piece named 'The Awakening'. Apparently it's on the topic of women's emancipation. On International men's day of course. The fuckers just can't let us have one day,can they! :roll:

The place should be clean and tidy when they've all done :)
cheb

Post by cheb »

What's the bike in the second picture, and is it part of the film?
Skub

Post by Skub »

cheb wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 pm What's the bike in the second picture, and is it part of the film?
It was a Kawasaki,maybe a KLX?

I don't know if it was used in the flick,or belonged to one of the crew.
Walt Whitman
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Went for a peddle to the country side

Yeah
Attachments
D2823C37-CA2E-43C8-9358-3D3B2F466640.jpeg
D2823C37-CA2E-43C8-9358-3D3B2F466640.jpeg (440.72 KiB) Viewed 1008 times
hawker

Post by hawker »

A great photo there Formula 400! Where is it?

My day? This afternoon I have sulked! I had my latest consultation with the Fracture Clinic who told me not to cycle outside for 12 weeks after the fracture happened. That date was the 29th August so it bars me from getting outside until December! Grrrr!!! :thumbdown:
I must follow the advice otherwise they might resort to applying another cast or worse, re-operate if it is not healed fully by then! I have another consultation in two weeks and shall have to stick to my indoor turbo for the next 1-2 months as long as I stay in the saddle and am not putting weigh/pressure through my forearm!

I do still have many months before my main targets in competition start though so should be able to get fit enough one way or another by then!
Targets = The National Para-cycling time-trial championship again, hoping to improve on my 11th in 2017, 5th in 2018 and 6th in 2019. For the obvious COVID- reason there was no event held this year so we are all awaiting the date and place for the champs in 2021! :thumbup:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

hawker wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 pm A great photo there Formula 400! Where is it?
on the way up box hill, my mate took it.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Not a vast amount, layed some flooring, covered it with placky sheet, then covered that with OSB sheets so the scaffolding doesn't damage the floor.
Measured up, spoke to the brickies about them filling a few holes in the walls I'm going to attach timber frames to.
Spoke to the demolition boys about cutting a lump of concrete out of the place.

Seem to have worked all day and achieved buggerall.

We're likely firing the roof on tomorrow.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Played with Lego, been huffed at by grandspawn for reasons unexplained, prepped the ground for some shuttering and wasted sometime on the internet.
hawker

Post by hawker »

formula400 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:08 pm
hawker wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 pm A great photo there Formula 400! Where is it?
on the way up box hill, my mate took it.
Thanks, I don't know it in the flesh, only ever seen it in races n the TV. Is that road really as smooth as it looks? I dream of road surfaces like that round here in the Lincs. Wolds near Cadwell!!
:mrgreen: = Mr Envy/me!!
Skub

Post by Skub »

hawker wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 pm
My day? This afternoon I have sulked! I had my latest consultation with the Fracture Clinic who told me not to cycle outside for 12 weeks after the fracture happened. That date was the 29th August so it bars me from getting outside until December! Grrrr!!! :thumbdown:
I must follow the advice otherwise they might resort to applying another cast or worse, re-operate if it is not healed fully by then! I have another consultation in two weeks and shall have to stick to my indoor turbo for the next 1-2 months as long as I stay in the saddle and am not putting weigh/pressure through my forearm!

I do still have many months before my main targets in competition start though so should be able to get fit enough one way or another by then!
Targets = The National Para-cycling time-trial championship again, hoping to improve on my 11th in 2017, 5th in 2018 and 6th in 2019. For the obvious COVID- reason there was no event held this year so we are all awaiting the date and place for the champs in 2021! :thumbup:
Keep your powder dry Hawks. You'll be fit and ready when the time comes,you'll see. :thumbup:
Walt Whitman
hawker

Post by hawker »

Skub wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:20 pm
hawker wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Keep your powder dry Hawks. You'll be fit and ready when the time comes,you'll see. :thumbup:
Thanks muchly Skub, I hope so. In my sport, summer success is based on my riding in the winter and spring beforehand, hence I'm keen to get out n the road ASAP !At least in recent weeks, staying inside has definitely kept me dry compared to being out training in the wind and rain!! :roll: But training indoors all the time is just a bit, errm, boring after a while!! :thumbdown:

Cheers friend.. I hope that you and the family are all safe and well?
Skub

Post by Skub »

hawker wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:24 pm Cheers friend.. I hope that you and the family are all safe and well?
I won't even go there! Ongoing end of life sagas with my Dad and stepmum.

I'm treading the relentless waters of bureaucracy,but managing. Cheers man. 8-)
Walt Whitman
Potter

Post by Potter »

Did some work, did some jobs on my boat.
Looks like we're moving again, I'm not complaining about it because I've always had a contractors mentality, so I've always gone where the work is, but sometimes I do envy people that have lived in one place forever. Moving is a stressful experience when it's the whole family.
Seven years to go until 54, then hopefully I can do a 'Yorick' and retire to a tropical island.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Harry wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:34 am Looks like we're moving again, I'm not complaining about it because I've always had a contractors mentality, so I've always gone where the work is,
After I'd worked in NZ for a couple of months, people asked "Did you like it, will you emigrate?"

Yes, I did like it out there. But I noticed, from the many people I spoke to, they had moved either 'for' something or to 'get away' from something.

I suppose you're in the first and, if jobs are only in certain places then that sets the locations possible?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Horse wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:20 am
After I'd worked in NZ for a couple of months, people asked "Did you like it, will you emigrate?"

Yes, I did like it out there. But I noticed, from the many people I spoke to, they had moved either 'for' something or to 'get away' from something.

I suppose you're in the first and, if jobs are only in certain places then that sets the locations possible?
I have friends that were born almost 50yrs ago, went to school, got jobs and have bought houses, all within a few miles radius.
I don't think that would suit me, too much of the world to see and opportunities to grab, but my mates that didn't seem just as happy as me, so horses for courses I suppose.