This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DefTrap

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by DefTrap »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:24 pm
It's a shame this YouTube truther failed to point out that his carefully edited "incredible Trump rally in the Uk" is actually an EDL rally, where cheers for Trump sat alongside anti-muslim chanting.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

You see this is the problem. I am happy to nail my colours to the mast. In my opinion Biden never was fit for office, didn't win the election (certainly didn't get more actual votes from real people for example). Obama is on record as saying he would much prefer to run the presidents office from behind the scenes.

Remembering he served two terms in office and is buried into the Whitehouse like a tick. Having previously been Bidens direct boss. I say he still is and calling me a conspiracy theorist, flat earther or nutter is thoughtless and boring. You should team up with @Slenver and tell me some random secretary is making all the decisions. Either that or say who you think is actually running the USA into the ground? Just telling me you think I am a conspiracy theorist is really just telling me you don't think.

As for some make believe "mysterious group outside the Whitehouse". Who is saying that except you? I am naming names. Hilary Clinton is another obvious "advisor". Hilary is a nasty self serving witch who has been hounding Trump ever since she unexpectedly lost to him. Her husband was once president you know. No mystery there, they are no strangers to the machinations of the Whitehouse. She also got caught making up "Russia gate" nonsense, shredded emails on a private server among other unprosecuted illegal activities.

As for pay off or killed off. Have a look at the Clinton foundation with so many unfortunate deaths among their business partners, let alone Epstein. Does anyone really believe he murdered himself? Even Obama has had one or two troublesome individuals die in accidents which wouldn't have been so suspicious if it hadn't been so damned convenient.

But yes, most of the swamp, the deep state if you like are being paid off or more often paying off these "advisors" to get their way. Not so good for the planet if they happen to be weapons manufacturers paying their way "into office". What do you suppose Raytheon or Boeing (and AWS!) are doing if there isn't a decent war to be had? Twiddling their thumbs and waiting or stirring up shit just so they can make money? Huge mind boggling sums of money I grant but even so, we all get to pay for it in the end...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Fine - we agree biden is a terrible president but we're never going to agree why. Do you want to make the case for Trump ?
irie

Post by irie »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:23 pm Fine - we agree biden is a terrible president but we're never going to agree why. Do you want to make the case for Trump ?
A fair précis of the last few thousand words.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:23 pm Fine - we agree biden is a terrible president but we're never going to agree why. Do you want to make the case for Trump ?
Sure. You want simple soundbites: with Trump in office, there is less chance of us having a world war 3.

That's a biggie for me and anything else really pales into insignificance.
Plato
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Trump is practicing for the debate by going to nursing homes and talking to patients with dementia.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:27 pm Sure. You want simple soundbites: with Trump in office, there is less chance of us having a world war 3.
Is that what he's campaigning on? That would be awesome. :wtf:
Maybe if he could talk about policies rather than how he's the best at everything and the pros and cons of shark attack versus electrocution I could take him more seriously.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:27 pm
Sure. You want simple soundbites: with Trump in office, there is less chance of us having a world war 3.

It was pretty amazing that he managed to get in and have a chat with Kim Jong Un! :wtf: Putin is allegedly prepared to talk to him too. Considering he isn't a diplomat, he has a pretty amazing talent at opening doors to these regimes!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:53 am

It was pretty amazing that he managed to get in and have a chat with Kim Jong Un! :wtf: Putin is allegedly prepared to talk to him too. Considering he isn't a diplomat, he has a pretty amazing talent at opening doors to these regimes!
Kim Wrong'un and Putain recognise a kindred spirit when they see one... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Apologies totally ballsed up the quotes before
Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:53 am Putin is allegedly prepared to talk to him too.
While there are Trump fans saying he will stop the war with overwhelming support for Ukraine, I haven't seen Trump say that. What I have seen is Trump berating Zelensky as 'the best salesman in the world, every time he shows up he walks away with $60bn and he's going to stop that. So yes Putin would favour a man who will give him what he wants and who has already encouraged him to attack any NATO country not meeting it's financial commitments.

It seems Trump would only avoid WW3 by confining it to Europe and not getting involved in anything outside America.
I'm interested to hear Trumps take on Taiwan since it gets so many chips from there but I've not been looking for it to be fair.
Last edited by Ian on Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:53 am

It's pretty easy to get 'in' with those types when you're makng such a show about giving them what they want :lol: Trump's been pretty vocal about how he doesn't want to support Ukraine and is cold on NATO.

Putin would like nothing more than Trump in the white house, Putin is the shrewd operator Trump thinks he is :thumbup:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Ian wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:44 pm Apologies totally ballsed up the quotes before
Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:53 am Putin is allegedly prepared to talk to him too.
While there are Trump fans saying he will stop the war with overwhelming support for Ukraine, I haven't seen Trump say that. What I have seen is Trump berating Zelensky as 'the best salesman in the world, every time he shows up he walks away with $60bn and he's going to stop that. So yes Putin would favour a man who will give him what he wants and who has already encouraged him to attack any NATO country not meeting it's financial commitments.

It seems Trump would only avoid WW3 by confining it to Europe and not getting involved in anything outside America.
I'm interested to hear Trumps take on Taiwan since it gets so many chips from there but I've not been looking for it to be fair.
Trump says the first phone call he makes when he gets back into the Whitehouse is to Putin & Zelensky. I expect he will, so lets see if he does!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I mean...as deals ago, it's not exactly Kissinger levels of state craft is it? I could have come up with this and I can't even negotiate anything off the price of a new car.

Trump plans to end the war by giving Putin exactly what he wants :lol:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 024-06-25/

"WASHINGTON, June 25 (Reuters) - Two key advisers to Donald Trump have presented him with a plan to end Russia's war in Ukraine - if he wins the Nov. 5 presidential election - that involves telling Ukraine it will only get more U.S. weapons if it enters peace talks.

The United States would at the same time warn Moscow that any refusal to negotiate would result in increased U.S. support f
for Ukraine, retired Lieutenant General Keith Kellogg, one of Trump's national security advisers, said in an interview.

Under the plan drawn up by Kellogg and Fred Fleitz, who both served as chiefs of staff in Trump's National Security Council during his 2017-2021 presidency, there would be a ceasefire based on prevailing battle lines during peace talks, Fleitz said.
"
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:07 pm
Ian wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:44 pm Apologies totally ballsed up the quotes before

Trump says the first phone call he makes when he gets back into the Whitehouse is to Putin & Zelensky. I expect he will, so lets see if he does!
Call 1: 'I'll sort it boss'.
Call 2: 'You're toast'.
Call 3: 'Take as much as you like boss, Latvia?, Estonia? No worries. :thumbup: By the way, where are they?'.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Putin doesn't seem to me to be the sort of guy who'll go into peace talks from a position of strength - why would he? If he's going to talk peace it's because he's not doing very well and wants to minimise the effects of a protracted conflict.
Under the plan drawn up by Kellogg and Fred Fleitz, who both served as chiefs of staff in Trump's National Security Council during his 2017-2021 presidency, there would be a ceasefire based on prevailing battle lines during peace talks, Fleitz said.
That implies the the becoming great again USA will be telling Zelensky to accept those parts of Ukraine under Russian control will be ceded to Russia. I doubt Zelensky will accept that.

The next stage will be accusations of Nazism in Lithuania and Kaliningrad will need saving.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:51 pm It's pretty easy to get 'in' with those types when you're makng such a show about giving them what they want :lol: Trump's been pretty vocal about how he doesn't want to support Ukraine and is cold on NATO.

Putin would like nothing more than Trump in the white house, Putin is the shrewd operator Trump thinks he is :thumbup:
Easy to say that but based on what evidence? There's a very short list of Western leaders who are able to visit Putin or Kimjon. I can't think of any. Didn't peace break out in the middle east under Trump until the Biden admin tore it apart before handing billions to Iran who promptly invade Israel. yeah I am being loose with the terminology but that's the gist of it.

What exactly are "we" supporting in Ukraine anyway? What is the plan? Is there an actual objective? Clearly those in charge of the Biden administration would like the war to go on forever. You know there's a ten year plan for funding the war in Ukraine? Ten years of billions of taxpayers dollars bouncing out of one of the most corrupt regimes in the world and into the pockets of the already super rich.

You got to laugh. There's even talk of trying to come up with a new law that would stop the President of the USA from controlling military spending and US involvement in the NATO "alliance". So long as his name is Trump.

Putin is, sadly, a very devious chap. Clever even. Obviously also a pathological criminal thug of the worst kind. Trump is not the idiot the mainstream media attempt to portray. He's a street wise businessman from New York. Yes he is also an asshole and narcissist but if that narcissism means he wants to be remembered as "the best president ever", then his heart is in the right place.

Under Biden, the USA blew up Nordstream2. Blew up my fuel bills too. The general populace (that's you and me) are always the losers. Higher gas prices just means higher profits for the utilities. More war just means more money for the military.

So let me nail my colours to the mast here; if I was given the choice of having my utilities bill cut in half OR "save' Ukraine from the evil dictator Putin and hand it back to Zelensky/BlackRock, I wouldn't have to think too hard about it. The current Zelensky regime is just as bad as Putin except he is "sponsored" by the West so that western globalist/corporatist elites can make even more money and exert even more authoritarian control.

Now if I thought I might personally benefit from that then, yeah, let's do the right thing and engineer a peaceful, westernised democracy in Ukraine. Neither of those scenarios are likely though. In fact, this conflict is just going to accelerate wealth transfer to the super rich and drive the middle class into poverty. It's not a democracy either if there's only one name on the ballot, just a slice of the old USSR dressed up to look like a one...
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:40 pm I mean...as deals ago, it's not exactly Kissinger levels of state craft is it? I could have come up with this and I can't even negotiate anything off the price of a new car.
Well what is your solution then?

Kick Russia out of Ukraine and the Crimea?

I would agree with the sentiment right up until Putin declares war on the West. We've asked nicely. threatened with sanctions. What's next? Boots on the ground?

We really are on the brink here. The powers that be in the USA are stirring it up deliberately if you ask me. I think they want a war and are trying to goad Putin into starting it...
Plato
irie

Post by irie »

Screwdriver wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:02 pm We really are on the brink here. The powers that be in the USA are stirring it up deliberately if you ask me. I think they want a war and are trying to goad Putin into starting it...
In reality the West is already at war with Putin/Russia in Ukraine, and Putin knows it.

Putin has made it perfectly clear in writing that his agenda after 're-absorbing' Ukraine into the Russian federation will be to do exactly the same to the now independent countries that were previously members of the USSR.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Just flipped channels & caught about a minute of the debate, it was 10 minutes in, Biden is already falling apart & talking absolute nonsense. No way in hell he's going to make 90 minutes.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Been flipping between MASH & the debate. CNN just cut the camera showing Biden after he dozed off on his feet about an hour in. Fucking BUSTED!