What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
KungFooBob

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by KungFooBob »

I thought Chris Bangle did the Coupe, before he then did the controversial 5 and 7er?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:50 pm I thought Chris Bangle did the Coupe, before he then did the controversial 5 and 7er?
Same. No idea who the fella was, but he was getting the celebrity treatment.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I did some sorting of stuff this morning and then baked. Still have loads of flour I was given and so I'm trying to make a loaf when I need it and not go buy a sliced loaf :( Need to try baguettes soon, but will have to use white flour for those, not the free wholewheat - well, at the start!! LOL

Bread, malt loaf, crumpets :D :D

Forgot to let the malt loaf cool a bit more before taking it out of the tin, so lost a little to the tin :( But I'm getting better at bread :D :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Went and had a look at some 'nickel' cars today.
Guessing the French idea of vgc and mine differ greatly.
If it's still got 4 wheels,then it's vgc in their books.
Looked at a Renault that had 2 bald tyres, various dinks and scratches, eml glowing merrily, bits of trim misaligned and unknown fluid marks on the seat. All for €5k...............wondered why it was still available!
The C5 we looked at looked like it had been down a very narrow street.......several times, and most of the steering wheel controls didn't work, and the suspension kept dropping at lights, but apart from that, it was perfect!
The search continues....
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yesterday rather than today, btu we went to visit my daughter in her new house for fathers day. Turned out to be an unexpectedly, glorious sunny day and we sat in the garden. S-i-L had one of those Ooni type pizza ovens and I was super impressed at the pizzas he made in it. I shall order one of those up later on today! Still cant get round the price of a house in a village in north Essex and the level of debt they have, but they don't seem fazed buy it. Anyway, a really lovely time on what is probably my favourite day of the calendar! :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Been bimbling around the apartment in PJs sorting stuff then writing stuff/sorting papers. Just got up to change into jeans to ride to the valley to meet a mate then go to physio and my back has spasmed in a way I have never felt before :o :o Can barely walk, let alone put trousers on. HTF am I gonna get on a bike???!!!!

Now lying on the sofa thing, loaded with drugs and with anti inflam stuff on my back doing stretches to try and loosen whatever the fcuk has gone doolally!! FFS! Probably a good thing I don't have neighbours - I've been screeching a bit everytime I move!! :shock: :shock:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

In Normandy - had a nice lunch then settling in to a book - gently raining outside but at least I’m not at work
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Left a campsite in Le Mans this morning for the TGV to Paris, then the Eurostar to Amsterdam where I'm currently sat on my own enjoying a beer and pizza in the sun while everyone watches the football on screens everywhere.

Had worse Mondays.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Slenver wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:21 pm Left a campsite in Le Mans this morning for the TGV to Paris, then the Eurostar to Amsterdam where I'm currently sat on my own enjoying a beer and pizza in the sun while everyone watches the football on screens everywhere.

Had worse Mondays.
Conversely, we've just got home. I'm knackered as I don't sleep well in hotels, although the copious eating and drinking of the last five days may have contributed to my weariness. :lol:

I'm proper looking forward to a light, healthy supper senz' alcol then getting into my own bed....
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

gremlin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:52 pm
Slenver wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:21 pm Left a campsite in Le Mans this morning for the TGV to Paris, then the Eurostar to Amsterdam where I'm currently sat on my own enjoying a beer and pizza in the sun while everyone watches the football on screens everywhere.

Had worse Mondays.
Conversely, we've just got home. I'm knackered as I don't sleep well in hotels, although the copious eating and drinking of the last five days may have contributed to my weariness. :lol:

I'm proper looking forward to a light, healthy supper senz' alcol then getting into my own bed....
I was the same in terms of promising myself an alcohol-free night of healthy food today. My pizza with chip starter and several beers is testament to nothing but weakness 😀
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Vay-knights* if you're on holibobs. :thumbup:

*That was our 'you can't get me' phrase at school. Other school phrases may be substituted.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:56 pm Vay-knights* if you're on holibobs. :thumbup:

*That was our 'you can't get me' phrase at school. Other school phrases may be substituted.
It's not uncommon and it's supposed to be 'fainites' ( but we said it with a 'v' and so did the missus). It's from an old French word (faine or feine - excuse, hang back or to back out) and possibly jousting as in 'faine Sir Knight" as in 'Hold up mate, I just need to get my breath back'.

We obvs went to courtly schools.

Yrs Steeripedia. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Fought our way through Gatshit Airport, just arrived at a Corfu hotel for the night - dumped bags and headed to the bar.
Pick up our floating home at 09.00 in the morning.
mafaldaanchor-1024x849.jpg
mafaldaanchor-1024x849.jpg (120.17 KiB) Viewed 226 times
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Came to work on one of my motorcycles.

Rode like a cock, broke every speed limit and filter to the front at every traffic light.

Saved 5 mins over my usual car time.

Shame it took an extra 5 mins to get the bike out the garage and put all the gear on... and now I have helmet hair!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Been in pain and bloody pissed off. Another 1.5 hours before I can try more meds, even though they are basically useless, I do live in hope that one day they'll work!!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

v8-powered wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:00 pm Fought our way through Gatshit Airport, just arrived at a Corfu hotel for the night - dumped bags and headed to the bar.

mafaldaanchor-1024x849.jpg
Are you joining a group or is it just you guys and crew? I've always wanted to do that sailing holiday thing, but need to find someone to go with!! :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

v8-powered wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:00 pm Fought our way through Gatshit Airport, just arrived at a Corfu hotel for the night - dumped bags and headed to the bar.
So that was why you was doing your sailing course. That's pretty damn cool! Look forward to hearing how you got on in a nice illustrated post! :thumbup:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:18 am Look forward to hearing how you got on in a nice illustrated post! :thumbup:
It will have to be written in a piratical style, for good effect.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

My faithful Tripp carry-on case dropped a wheel on my recent holibob. Being a smart cookie, I remembered that I put the receipt under the zip-up lining. Oh, yeah. Here comes a warranty claim. :thumbup:

Only it turns out I bought that case in 2010 from Debenhams (remember them?!) and it's only a 5 year warranty. :thumbdown:

Honestly, only 14 years of hard use and abuse....manufacturing these days...shoddy workmanship...etc....etc.

Might have to fork out c.£40 on a new one.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:51 am
Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:18 am Look forward to hearing how you got on in a nice illustrated post! :thumbup:
It will have to be written in a piratical style, for good effect.
Too much milky coffee and Greek eggs for breakfast = 🤮