This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
mangocrazy

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by mangocrazy »

I completely fail to understand how either of the senile duffers could be regarded as realistic candidates for POTUS.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:28 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:47 pm
Did ya watch the video?
Uh-huh. Explain how someone serious about becoming the next POTUS needs to spend any time rambling on about this sort of sh1t?
From what I saw he was just joking around. I notice that CNN etc showed an edited version.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:25 pm From what I saw he was just joking around. I notice that CNN etc showed an edited version.
In the same way that Fox etc focus on Biden tripping over and fluffing his lines.

Both Biden and Trump are semi-competent at going a whole day being coherent. POTUS is a tough job, these old gits shouldn't be within a country mile of it.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:43 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:25 pm From what I saw he was just joking around. I notice that CNN etc showed an edited version.
In the same way that Fox etc focus on Biden tripping over and fluffing his lines.

Both Biden and Trump are semi-competent at going a whole day being coherent. POTUS is a tough job, these old gits shouldn't be within a country mile of it.
Fox show Biden speeches in their entirety, CNN etc sometimes don't even show Trump speeches.. & they did that when he was POTUS.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:35 am
Mussels wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:52 am
ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:40 am Oh look, ballot stuffing, voter intimidation & fraud...

https://ctnewsjunkie.com/2024/06/11/fiv ... -incident/
It happens here as well, I think more than once in Tower Hamlets. If they caught it and the people get punished properly then I'm not sure reform is needed.
If it's happened more than once then reform is needed to stop it happening more than twice. :roll:
Interesting that Farage is making claims too.

'Any country that has a large postal ballot will always be open to fraud and intimidation and it happens in this country [UK] all the time'

Fact checked:
The UK actually has “low levels of proven electoral fraud”, according to the Electoral Commission, an independent body tasked by Parliament with overseeing UK elections.

Its data shows that of the 1,462 cases of alleged electoral fraud reported to police between 2019 and 2023, 11 led to convictions and the police issued four cautions.

Of the five convictions for electoral fraud in elections held in 2019, one of them involved postal ballots.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:02 pm Speaking of rambling, how on earth are they letting Biden continue. He's clearly suffering from sort of mental illness, dementia or just senility, but ffs, he is in no fit state to run for the presidency. He gets worse each time i see him! Shame on his family for allowing this to continue, but maybe Jilly doesn't want to lose her title? :thumbdown:
This "so called" president is obviously a mere placeholder for the largely Obama/Clinton administration who are facilitating the hand over of authoritarian control to globalist corporate elites. It's not rocket science, so much has been as clear as day since they rigged the last election.

My guess is they'll keep Biden as a puppet for as long as possible and dump his lifeless body shortly before the election. I assume someone like Gavin Newsome will be the next puppet but Trump is so far ahead in popularity, even brilliantly orchestrated electoral interference won't swing it.

So the only possible way for the swamp to retain power and avoid the repercussion of their criminal activities is to start a war. Bonus being there's plenty of profit to be made during a decent war. Just ask Zelensky.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:59 pm but Trump is so far ahead in popularity, even brilliantly orchestrated electoral interference won't swing it.
All the polls I've seen have low single digit percentages between Trump and Biden. But I suppose those are in the MSM. :thumbdown:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:32 pm
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:59 pm but Trump is so far ahead in popularity, even brilliantly orchestrated electoral interference won't swing it.
All the polls I've seen have low single digit percentages between Trump and Biden. But I suppose those are in the MSM. :thumbdown:
Black voters helped put Joe Biden in the White House four years ago. They may not vote to give him a second term, even though they dislike former president Donald Trump far more, according to an exclusive, new USA TODAY/Suffolk University exclusive poll.

The poll, of Black voters in the swing states of Pennsylvania and Michigan, found that Biden is still the first or second choice of the vast majority, while most would avoid Trump.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... 671017007/
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Trump is never going to get reported on accurately and you'd be fool to believe the edits put out by the msm. He (rightly) called out the American (and worlds) media for their fake news and lies about him and his campaigns. There's been more than a few videos on twitter/X showing what the media said he said and what he actually said. That applies to other people as well, but good on Trump for calling them out on it.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Screwdriver wrote:obviously
You lost me at this bit
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:13 am you'd be fool to believe the edits put out by the msm.
As in Fox?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Slenver wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:05 am
Taipan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:13 am you'd be fool to believe the edits put out by the msm.
As in Fox?
I think he has even called them out before.

Edit: Yes he has

Last edited by Taipan on Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Off on a tangent, to me a good way of telling how a person is reported on is by the style of photograph used.

For example, look at any photo used by the BBC when reporting on Farage. He can't always look like that.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:13 am Trump is never going to get reported on accurately

There's been more than a few videos on twitter/X showing what the media said he said and what he actually said.
There may be a video of this?

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/donald-t ... g-13153803

Donald Trump has challenged President Joe Biden to take a cognitive test - only to confuse the name of his own doctor.

The Republican presidential nominee has regularly lambasted his rival over his various gaffes, despite his own tendency to ramble or get facts wrong.

Speaking in Detroit, Mr Trump questioned the president's mental acuity. He said: "He doesn't even know what the word 'inflation' means. I think he should take a cognitive test like I did."

Seconds later, he continued: "Doc Ronny Johnson. Does everyone know Ronny Johnson, congressman from Texas? He was the White House doctor, and he said I was the healthiest president, he feels, in history, so I liked him very much indeed immediately."

However he was clearly referring to Ronny Jackson, who was the White House physician for part of his presidency.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

The mainstream media don't need to make anything up about Trump, it comes out of his mouth unaltered. If he could rein in the bollocks he might find that the mainstream media wouldn't find his gaffes so appealing. If I can make the obvious analogy, it's a bit like Fox concentrating on Biden's mumbling and falling over - they don't qualify it by showing the other 35 minutes where he didn't, why would they? And, just to be clear, yes obviously Biden shouldn't be within a country mile of political office - but one shit, useless and incompetent politician shouldn't in any way be used as justification for backing another one who is everso marginally, and arguably, slightly less shit, useless and incompetent.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Horse wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:44 am .... and he said I was the healthiest president, he feels, in history, so I liked him very much indeed immediately."
And this stuff is just annoying. You can't possibly be the best at everything, have some humility and some self-awareness you fat fucker.
Last edited by DefTrap on Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horse

Post by Horse »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:08 pm
Horse wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:44 am .... and he said I was the healthiest president, he feels, in history, so I liked him very much indeed immediately."
And this stuff is just annoying. You can't possibly be the best at everything, have some humility and soem self-awareness you fat fucker.
He can.

He's also officially the most modest too :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Pretty sure Mrs D still has somewhere the poster of all Dubya's gaffs which used to adorn the wall in her uni room.

I too believe that humans and fish can coexist peacefully :D

Re: healthy presidents...didn't Teddy Roosevelt used to regularly box people in the White House? We should bring that back.

Pretty sure Obama was a regular pavement pounder too.

But obviously Trump is The Most Healthiest :lol:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Slenver wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:03 am
Screwdriver wrote:obviously
You lost me at this bit
So you think Biden is really in charge??

Seriously? You believe that??
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato