But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Felix

Re: Dogs in prams ? Dogs in handbags.. WTF

Post by Felix »

Nowt wrong with a dog nappy :lol:

Poor thing had a bladder issue.

demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I've seen a few in prams and they've been old dogs with knackered back legs but still enjoyed life.

It's a fucking tough call to see when your dogs had enough and you second guess it all the time. They're having a good week and you figure they're good for a bit yet but then you see em really struggling which causes you to downgrade the expectancy.

Sometimes you just think they're having a few bad days after an over long walk and will perk up with a little rest.

Not easy to be hard nosed with the pal who's always been up for a walk for 12-14 years.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I'm currently in Italy (again) and they love their dogs, to the point they're allowed in restaurants. They have shops selling outfits for pooches and their owners, even in little hamlets.
The world has gone fucking mad.

(They have nothing in border collie size :( )
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
katana

Post by katana »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:02 pm I'm currently in Italy (again) and they love their dogs, to the point they're allowed in restaurants. They have shops selling outfits for pooches and their owners, even in little hamlets.

I would disagree, but then I am around working dogs and it is a whole different thing.

Hence nothing beyond pointless dog sized.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

I can sympathise having a 12 year old dachshund who has has back issues (and surgery) since 5 yrs old. She’s now 12 and, while generally happy and healthy, she’s unable to walk any reasonable distance so to allow us to take her out she now has a buggy. Not what I wanted for her but cest la vie.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

katana wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:33 pm But if there is a doggy in a bar/restaurant you have to say hello to the doggy. Owner to ask if it is ok to pet them.

In a cafe, some one lab puppy slowly escape from his owner to lick the croisant flakes off my plate when I went to get a coffee top up. How could anyone be upset by that? I had a new bestest friend to give fuss to while his owner was busy gassing to her friend about someone having an affair. While the doggy hoped for more food.
There's some insufferable woman at my regular haunt who won't leave the dog alone & basically had to be told to bugger off. She's the only person there who the dog dislikes.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:02 pm I'm currently in Italy (again) and they love their dogs, to the point they're allowed in restaurants. They have shops selling outfits for pooches and their owners, even in little hamlets.

We used to drive through France to get to Spain each year. Eating in French restaurants, when we found one open, we'd often see people with dogs on their laps, feeding them from their plates!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:31 am

We used to drive through France to get to Spain each year. Eating in French restaurants, when we found one open, we'd often see people with dogs on their laps, feeding them from their plates!
Weird to me cos, often here, the French a terrible with/to pets :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:36 am A lot of dogs get hip and joint problems, but still want to go out, mind willing body weak sort of thing, so dog pushchairs are a way of doing that, especially where you have more than one dog in the house and you dont want to leave one behind. My Sisters Westie could barely walk round the house as he had arthritis in a lot of his joints, but would sit at the door whining to go on his walk. She got a dog pushchair and pushed him on his usual walk and he loved it. She'd stop at certain point and let him have a sniff and a wee etc. :thumbup: So pushchairs in those circumstances area good thing, but having one as some sort of parental fashion thing or putting a dog in a handbag is just stupid. :wtf:
Our dear old girl, Sage, loved going out in her doggy pram. She suffered from various ailments in her last few years. She'd stand up to signal time for a wee etc and stop when she wanted back in. People would stare and make comment, but we could care less. She deserved it for all she'd given us. Miss her so much even now.
katana

Post by katana »

Felix wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:21 pm Nowt wrong with a dog nappy :lol:

Poor thing had a bladder issue.

Hope he is better.
katana

Post by katana »

Buckaroo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:50 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:36 am A lot of dogs get hip and joint problems, but still want to go out, mind willing body weak sort of thing, so dog pushchairs are a way of doing that, especially where you have more than one dog in the house and you dont want to leave one behind. My Sisters Westie could barely walk round the house as he had arthritis in a lot of his joints, but would sit at the door whining to go on his walk. She got a dog pushchair and pushed him on his usual walk and he loved it. She'd stop at certain point and let him have a sniff and a wee etc. :thumbup: So pushchairs in those circumstances area good thing, but having one as some sort of parental fashion thing or putting a dog in a handbag is just stupid. :wtf:
Our dear old girl, Sage, loved going out in her doggy pram. She suffered from various ailments in her last few years. She'd stand up to signal time for a wee etc and stop when she wanted back in. People would stare and make comment, but we could care less. She deserved it for all she'd given us. Miss her so much even now.
Have no issue with that.

do have the issue of tiny dogs carried around but I see less of those now I more homeless bum than after dinner cigars.