Henry Cole.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
hilldweller

Henry Cole.

Post by hilldweller »

This must get some reactions.

Love him / hate him.

He comes across as Stepto of Stepto and Son to me. Irritating but some good videos.

Recently because of terminal boredom I got his autobiography on Kindle, expecting a book on bikes. But nothing like, most of it was his early life, educated at Eton and total crack head out of his mind on hard drugs for years and dealing drugs.

Not the read I thought I was buying.
Brian
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Henry Cole.

Post by weeksy »

I like him, because he's passionate about bikes, trips and shows me stuff on his adventures i'd never get to otherwise see.

I don't like him because, well, he a cock.... But i can accept that because of the first bit :)

I'll watching his motorcycle adventures and enjoy them, i think i've seen them all twice, but i'd go through them again for sure.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Hate him! Tried to watch, just can’t. Don’t know why when I can cope with Top Gear and The Grand Tour lot but this guy just irritates the pants off me and then I can’t be bothered to take any interest in the programme.

On our holiday last year the lady who owned the house had a visit from a pub landlord friend. Apparently he was the first landlord to be fined for not stopping smoking in his pub somewhere in Oxfordshire! Anyway he knew Henry Cole and said he was a recovered cocaine addict and he had been very deep into his addiction, he’d been homeless and in a terrible state at one time! :o

I respect him for overcoming that but still can’t watch him.
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

What weeksy said really. Love the topic so I watch any and all of his stuff and I do enjoy most of it, but yes, he can grate. Its the voice overs more than when he's talking to the camera or people.

I had no idea about his past troubles, but admire him for getting through that lot and working up to be who he is and what he does now. That's quite inspiring to say the least. Nice one H! :clap: :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:02 pm What weeksy said really. Love the topic so I watch any and all of his stuff and I do enjoy most of it, but yes, he can grate. Its the voice overs more than when he's talking to the camera or people.

I had no idea about his past troubles, but admire him for getting through that lot and working up to be who he is and what he does now. That's quite inspiring to say the least. Nice one H! :clap: :D
If I didn't speak to people who had past issues I wouldn't have a best mate or a best man at my wedding. I've seen how tough it can be for people like that, so yeah top job
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Downloaded the book last night. Started reading after doing some work at home, after work if you know what I mean%!! So far, very Interesting read, some surprises too.
I actually like the guy, met him twice and he is chatty, friendly, seems genuine.
Mick
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

His TV personality is a touch OTT for me, but I enjoy the subject matter and will watch most things with horrible dirty smelly dangerous motorcycles
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

He's a boring knacker and I've no sympathy for most druggies, especially rich ones, the only exception to this that I can think of is people who are made into drug addicts by pimps so they can turn those people into prostitutes or slaves.
Honda Owner
kevioio

Post by kevioio »

Can't stand him but he's no worse than Steve Berry
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

He is a bit of a tit but pretty harmless. His shows are about bikes, except for some shit series about refurbishing furniture with him out of brookside.

There's worse fcukers in the world for sure.
Yamaha rocket 3
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

kevioio wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 pm Can't stand him but he's no worse than Steve Berry
That's a bit harsh on Henry Cole, no way is he as bad as Steve Berry, Henry Cole comes across on telly as boring and miserable, Steve Berry is offensively twattish and a professional Northener
Honda Owner
Gimlet

Post by Gimlet »

weeksy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:32 pm I like him, because he's passionate about bikes, trips and shows me stuff on his adventures i'd never get to otherwise see.

I don't like him because, well, he a cock.... But i can accept that because of the first bit :)

I'll watching his motorcycle adventures and enjoy them, i think i've seen them all twice, but i'd go through them again for sure.
That's pretty much where I am with him though he is a touch too juvenile much of the time. And he's a hipster and all his middle class wannabee greebo mates are hipsters. And hipsters are cocks....

I watch his shows but my real gripe is that they're too lightweight and superficial. They always skate over the surface of the subject and never really get stuck in or go into any detail. It's like the brief was make a coffee table show about motorbikes for people who don't ride bikes but like to wear the gear occasionally.