Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Re: Insignificant Things That Make You Happy.

Post by Jody »

While I work today I had need to set up a decking ready for arrival, chairs and table cleaned, sunloungers arranged etc. While I was at it a lady wandered over from next door (Not one of my guests):

Her " sorry to be cheeky, but my husband has already left with the bin, do you have one I could empty this dustpan into please?"

Me "Yeah, sure, just chuck it in the back of the buggy, I'll take it to the bins later"

Her " Ohh thanks, thats a great help....... we've got some food left over, much of it fresh in the packet, I don't want to just throw it away"

Me " Say no more, I will gladly take that off your hands, I can't stand waste"

A reasonable amount of food and not a small amount of beers. Some open packets of cheese, and I know that would put some people off, but I'm not too proud.

The only downside is I haven't had a drink for nearly a week and I was hoping to keep it going, but now I have a load of cold beers in the fridge.....
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jody wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:25 am While I work today I had need to set up a decking ready for arrival, chairs and table cleaned, sunloungers arranged etc. While I was at it a lady wandered over from next door (Not one of my guests):

Her " sorry to be cheeky, but my husband has already left with the bin, do you have one I could empty this dustpan into please?"

Me "Yeah, sure, just chuck it in the back of the buggy, I'll take it to the bins later"

Her " Ohh thanks, thats a great help....... we've got some food left over, much of it fresh in the packet, I don't want to just throw it away"

A reasonable amount of food and not a small amount of beers. Some open packets of cheese, and I know that would put some people off, but I'm not too proud.

The only downside is I haven't had a drink for nearly a week and I was hoping to keep it going, but now I have a load of cold beers in the fridge.....
You could give the beers away!! :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Jody

Post by Jody »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:37 am
Jody wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:25 am While I work today I had need to set up a decking ready for arrival, chairs and table cleaned, sunloungers arranged etc. While I was at it a lady wandered over from next door (Not one of my guests):

Ermmm, have you met me?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Jody wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:59 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:37 am

Ermmm, have you met me?
Hence the many many :lol: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

My son living in Perth Australia hangs with folk who get their kicks from marathon running and the like. He recently finished his first 100k run! I have no idea why anyone would want to do that to themselves,but it's some achievement anyway. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just pratting about on DVLA MOT checks.
My first GSXR1000 from 2001 had it's final pass in 2011. I'm amazed as it was shagged when I part-exd it in 2003. About 50 trackdays.

When I sold it in 2003 it had 29,000 miles. In 2011 it had 14,000 miles ;) :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Screenshot_20240607_171710_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240607_171710_Samsung Internet.jpg (203.9 KiB) Viewed 466 times
Hardly did any miles after 2006

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/re ... calls=true

:D
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

My Son just rang to tell me he's passed his class 1 hgv test. He doesn't need to do it as he's a transport manager not a driver, but I guess he wants to walk the walk as well as talk the talk, so to speak. He suffers from anxiety and yet he feels the need to push himself through these things? I guess its the wins that help? Anyway, super proud of him. :thumbup:
#ProudPop
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:45 pm My Son just rang to tell me he's passed his class 1 hgv test. He doesn't need to do it as he's a transport manager not a driver, but I guess he wants to walk the walk as well as talk the talk, so to speak. He suffers from anxiety and yet he feels the need to push himself through these things? I guess its the wins that help? Anyway, super proud of him. :thumbup:
#ProudPop
I remember you posting about how the anxiety pushed him to the edge. Glad things have turned around :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just checked Bradford weather forecast :obscene-birdiedoublered:

4c tmrw night :D
Screenshot_20240611_175912_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240611_175912_Samsung Internet.jpg (455.22 KiB) Viewed 362 times
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

While on the MOT thing.

Our SL passed it's MOT yesterday... despite the EML being on for a failed NOX Sensor.

It's great having a BiL who is the landlord of an MOT garage :)

I do have a NOX sensor (cheap Chinese copy), just not got around to rolling around under the car trying to fit it.

We might have to sell it soon, the wife has a new job with a longer commute that might make make it a bit expensive to run. If we do, I'll really miss it. It's the fastest, most premium car I've ever owned.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:41 pm While on the MOT thing.

Our SL passed it's MOT yesterday... despite the EML being on for a failed NOX Sensor.

It's great having a BiL who is the landlord of an MOT garage :)

I do have a NOX sensor (cheap Chinese copy), just not got around to rolling around under the car trying to fit it.

We might have to sell it soon, the wife has a new job with a longer commute that might make make it a bit expensive to run. If we do, I'll really miss it. It's the fastest, most premium car I've ever owned.
Eos passed the MOT today too, and it was reported that the stupid brake sensor cable has been broken. Pads are fine, despite the warning light on the dash.
non quod, sed quomodo
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Mrs Ds 2006 Honda Shitvic with 150k also passed its MOT...4th clean pass in a row :king:

Once again the MoT tester described it as "a good little motor".
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Whilst staying with mates over the weekend, I joined in a group ride with the club they are part of (FFMC - I knew it was French Federation of Motards, just never knew the C was for Angry Motards :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Anyway, a great day was had by all (apart from a fuckwit Blade rider :lol: :lol:) and when my mate was chatting to them after I'd left this morning, he mentioned I was heading home and the guy he was talking to said - "Donne toute nos bon sentiments à ton amie, une personne très gentille et très agréable. On lui souhaite un bon retour, en espérant la revoir très vite" ( or "Give all our good wishes to your friend, a very nice and pleasant person. We wish her a safe journey home, and hope to see her again very soon.")

How lovely :wub: :wub:

Mind you, not sure this one knows that the three of us (well, me!!) christened one of the guys "Unicorn Boy" cos I wasn't introduced but we chatted a lot and he had a unicorn hat on as part of his fancy dress :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just seen on FB that a bar is now doing breakfast pizza :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Screenshot_20240613_130933_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240613_130933_Facebook.jpg (982.65 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:12 pm Just seen on FB that a bar is now doing breakfast pizza :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Just so wrong, yet I find myself intrigued... :crazy:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:30 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:12 pm Just seen on FB that a bar is now doing breakfast pizza :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I love left over pizza for breakfast. This is a win win :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:32 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:30 pm

I love left over pizza for breakfast. This is a win win :obscene-birdiedoublered:
The only thing I'd have to leave off is the egg - but that's cos I can't cut them so get them sliced (so, egg yolk all down me front!) and also, I have never understood egg on pizza, which they do a lot here!! (And I get stick for adding pineapple!! LOL)

But, bloody love the idea :D :D
Jody

Post by Jody »

When the bank randomly drop £100 in your account and its not even the first time!

Thanks Nationwide
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Purchased back a car I used to own 10 years that I'd purchased new, now for one of the kids to use over summer.

Needed a couple of tyres on it - noted one of the tyres was original from when I owned the car, tyre had done 83000 miles! OK, it was a Michelin tyre and on the rear on a small hatchback but that's still some going!