Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Sadlonelygit

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Alcohol free lager that's packaged in the same stuff the proper beer comes in.......and wives who don't pay attention when shopping! 😔
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:06 pm
Silly Car wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:01 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:49 am Are you sure your arms haven't grown?
I wasn’t but I’ve just popped on another shirt for reference and that is still the correct length. :thumbup:

IMG_0150.jpeg

Only a subtle difference and in fact, they’ve ‘expertly’ added two additional pleats to get the sleeve to fit the cuff.
Provided you have a written 'only take it up and inch', take them back and tell them that they owe you some new shirts!
If it's a proper shop, they should have worksheets they give to the outworkers.
Somebody has fucked up somewhere, and it's very common according to the wife!
Thanks, it is all done in house and I suspect the person doing it has simply cocked up and not correctly interpreted what the pin placement indicated. As can be seen from the photo, they can’t be salvaged as long sleeved shirts.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:08 pm Alcohol free lager that's packaged in the same stuff the proper beer comes in.......and wives who don't pay attention when shopping! 😔
A couple of years ago, the neighbours popped round for a BBQ.
As usual handed me a few beers to put in the fridge. I noticed they were zero alcohol, then chucked them over the wall into their garden. Created great mirth :obscene-birdiedoublered:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

There's a bloke I see sometime sometimes on my commute through the Blackwall Tunnel. All white Simpson helmet, wide bars and strategically-placed security chain covering the number plate. He's (I'm assuming gender here) a bit of a dick as it's a case of 'whah, whah,whahhhh!' on the throttle if he has to slow down at any point.

Anyhow, comes up behind me this morning as I'm bimbling through the traffic and straight away, 'WHAH-WHAH-WHAHHHHH' on the throttle as he wants to get past. Fair play, maybe he gets overtime or summat. So I look to my right and coming up is a gap I can just slip into. I've got no problem pulling in and letting folk past if they're in a rush. But just as I get ready to move right and stick my left foot out, he decides to go for the overtake, on the right, nearly taking us both out.
Cue more manic blipping of the throttle and what I think was a finger, albeit fleeting.

What I can't understand is, A: how can people be angry all the time? Must be fucking exhausting. And B: if you're always in that much of a hurry, set your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Silly Car wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:12 pm
Sadlonelygit wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:06 pm
Silly Car wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:01 am

I wasn’t but I’ve just popped on another shirt for reference and that is still the correct length. :thumbup:

IMG_0150.jpeg

Only a subtle difference and in fact, they’ve ‘expertly’ added two additional pleats to get the sleeve to fit the cuff.
Provided you have a written 'only take it up and inch', take them back and tell them that they owe you some new shirts!
If it's a proper shop, they should have worksheets they give to the outworkers.
Somebody has fucked up somewhere, and it's very common according to the wife!
Thanks, it is all done in house and I suspect the person doing it has simply cocked up and not correctly interpreted what the pin placement indicated. As can be seen from the photo, they can’t be salvaged as long sleeved shirts.
I returned to the seamstress today who was mortified, she’d only handed the work off as she’d already called me with one delay and didn’t want any further delays. She instantly offered to reimburse me for the cost of the shirts. I suggested turning them to short sleeves and coming to an arrangement which she was very happy to agree to. First one will be ready on Wednesday afternoon, and pending approval, both by Friday.

It was a genuine error and met with the right attitude so no need to get shirty ( ;) ) with her. I’m over the initial annoyance and genuinely feel she’ll go out of her way to put things right with me.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Silly Car next week.

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Silly Car wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:28 pm

It was a genuine error
Be the bigger man.

Albeit with short arms. ;)

If it's any consolation, I've had to have sleeves shortened on a few items. I do wonder if they use orangutans to model clothes these days.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Anybody else considering putting the heating back on? I've resisted so far, but I can't help wondering if it would be ironic to freeze to death in the middle of June, 40 years into a global warming, global heating, global boiling, climate catastrophe. :roll:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:40 am Anybody else considering putting the heating back on? I've resisted so far, but I can't help wondering if it would be ironic to freeze to death in the middle of June, 40 years into a global warming, global heating, global boiling, climate catastrophe. :roll:
Was tempted yeah, but it's a bit warmer today... last night i got the warmer trousers on after a cycle.
Wscad

Post by Wscad »

Bought the Tom Tom rider sat nav. Lifetime updates for maps and speed cameras . Plugged it to update everything.

Message pops up.

Your device is no longer supported. Click here to purchase the latest Tom Tom rider

Can you get in touch with the robbing toe rags? Well, I can’t find any contact details

I’m proper miffed
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

gremlin wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:00 pm
Silly Car wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:28 pm

It was a genuine error
Be the bigger man.

Albeit with short arms. ;)

If it's any consolation, I've had to have sleeves shortened on a few items. I do wonder if they use orangutans to model clothes these days.
All my shirts are RL or Gant as they're the only ones who make shirts with arms long enough!
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

gremlin wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:00 pm If it's any consolation, I've had to have sleeves shortened on a few items. I do wonder if they use orangutans to model clothes these days.
I have the opposite problem - any off-the-peg shirt where the arm is anywhere near long enough, it is also assumed that the appropriate collar size needs to encircle multiple chins and chest needs enough extra material to repair a sail with.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I only ever buy MTM shirts now, once you know you can't unknow. Nothing too fancy, they're just the online ones which are made by child slaves in a Bangladeshi factory* but they're miles better. Took me maybe 3 iterations to get 'em just right, but they fit well from teh start and now my latest ones fit really well.

I still toy with the idea of getting some proper bespoke ones in that London. I can probably stomach the ~£200 price tag OK, it's the fact you have to buy 6-8 for your first order which stings.

*Just like the expensive RL ones then :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I was fortunate in that when I needed daily smart shirts I was a pretty standard size but, even the shirts with a two button option on the cuff don't seem to cater for how bigly some watches have got. Not a problem with my 'for best' watches but some of the trendy stuff is humungous.

(It's a pet peeve of mine with 'active' wear that the makers don't seem to have heard of sports/smart watches so they're way too tight at the wrist).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I think most of my long sleeve running stuff has a little watch window TBF.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Wscad wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:01 am Bought the Tom Tom rider sat nav. Lifetime updates for maps and speed cameras . Plugged it to update everything.

Message pops up.

Your device is no longer supported. Click here to purchase the latest Tom Tom rider

Can you get in touch with the robbing toe rags? Well, I can’t find any contact details

I’m proper miffed
Tom Tom are robbing bastards, my truck sat nav is supposed to be lifetime updates, is it fuck. Cue hours on the chatbot with some twat in Calcutta who can't deviate off his script. And £25 lighter.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I have a pair of amazing headphones. Sony WH-1000XM3. The sound was awesome and noise cancelling to drown out the wind here.

Had them 4 years and wear them every morning on walkies then telly if Mrs Y goes to bed early.
The ear pads were really tatty so ordered some more on Ebay.
Looked amazing and really comfy so chucked old ones away.

Tried them earlier on walkies and sound was shite. Very bassy and muffled.
Have Googled and it happens often.
Original ones aren't available and copies don't give same sound.

Bollox. But Pen says she'll buy me a new set for me birthday.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Wait until the XM6 (I think) comes out.

I have a set of XM3s I bought just after the XM4 came out, paid about half price in John Lewis. Loads of my colleagues did the same with the XM4 when the 5s were launched recently.

Can't be far off the XM6 launching and loads of cheap XM5s being available!
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:38 pm I have a pair of amazing headphones. Sony WH-1000XM3. The sound was awesome and noise cancelling to drown out the wind here.

Had them 4 years and wear them every morning on walkies then telly if Mrs Y goes to bed early.

Comply Trugrip Pro on Amazon - aftermarket replacement buds that are better than the Sony ones.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

v8-powered wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:21 am
Yorick wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:38 pm I have a pair of amazing headphones. Sony WH-1000XM3. The sound was awesome and noise cancelling to drown out the wind here.

Comply Trugrip Pro on Amazon - aftermarket replacement buds that are better than the Sony ones.
Cool. I'll give them a go :)