This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Screwdriver

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Screwdriver »

Slenver wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:55 am You know it had nothing to do with Biden though, right?

Cue all the conspiracy theorists...
Are you kidding!! :lol:
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I don't think Trump is really bothered about the guilty verdict. He can play the martyr role, again, he loves that. He can add it to the list of things he's failed to prove: "the last election was rigged"; "I didn't try to incite a civil war". The line of argument he instructed his lawyers to follow, that the judge quite rightly disallowed on the basis that it was total bollocks, can now be played out in a hundred earnest YouTube channels and taken as gospel by the Truther bunch.

Amazing how some of you suddenly because experts in the minutiae of US law overnight innit? :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I hadn't seen the latest. :thumbup:

Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Don't you need to go to jail to be a prisoner?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:24 pm Don't you need to go to jail to be a prisoner?
There you go again, letting reason get in the way of a good ol' bit of political propaganda.

I'm putting money on The Special AKA reforming to do a reworking of their classic hit, only changing the lyrics to 'Freeeeee, Donald Trump..'.
Last edited by gremlin on Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:24 pm Don't you need to go to jail to be a prisoner?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Political sofa surfer, surely....
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

I suspect his main aim now (and, let's face it, sole policy of any kind) is to get sent to prison.

That'll all but guarantee his election (according to the staggering moral breakdown of the American right), which will mean he can then pardon himself (because the US is medieval), and that then means he can get let off all his other legal issues/crimes because he's prez, and can then bask in the riches and adoration he craves so much.

He'll then do all he can to install himself as a dictator so he can lock all his perceived enemies up, which stops them from producing any awkward facts.

Then he'll live out his remaining few months before his inevitable heart attack eating burgers and making up crazy shit that his followers will lap up.

Cue one happy fat orange guy and the end of the United States :thumbup:
Last edited by Slenver on Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Slenver wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:59 pm
I suspect his main aim now (and, let's face it, sole policy of any kind) is to get sent to prison.

That'll all but guarantee his election (according to the staggering moral breakdown of the American right), which will mean he can then pardon himself (because the US is medieval), and that then means he can get let off all his other legal issues/crimes because he's prez, and can then bask in the riches and adoration he craves so much.

He'll then do all he can to install himself as a dictator so he can lock all his perceived enemies up, which stops them from producing any awkward facts.

Then he'll live out his remaining few months before his inevitable heart attack eating burgers and making up crazy shit that followers will lap up.

Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:22 pm
Just read the plot synopsis. In order to have the widest appeal* they've got the anti-authoritarian forces of California and Texas fighting together. I'd have thought they'd be more likely to be fighting each other. :D

* I bet it's never made clear whether the baddie, 3 term president is a Republican or Democrat too. Wouldn't want to upset half the potentia$ audience.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:32 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:22 pm
Just read the plot synopsis. In order to have the widest appeal* they've got the anti-authoritarian forces of California and Texas fighting together. I'd have thought they'd be more likely to be fighting each other. :D

* I bet it's never made clear whether the baddie, 3 term president is a Republican or Democrat too. Wouldn't want to upset half the potentia$ audience.
The war is the sub plot and not that important to the story itself, it could just as well be set in Gaza or The Central African Republic.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Then he'll live out his remaining few months before his inevitable heart attack eating burgers and making up crazy shit that his followers will lap up.

Fucking hell!!

You believe ALL the left wing propagandist nonsense? Hook, line and sinker.

...and people call me a conspiracy theorist.

He's going to install himself as a dictator, destroy democracy, lead us into WW3, start endless unwinnable wars and do it all for his own personal enrichment??? :hmmm:

You mean just like he did last time he actually was the fucking president??!! FFS. Listen to yourself.

"Yeah but he's a convicted rapist, a Russian spy and stole funds to pay for a hooker" etc.

Somebody isn't paying attention to the reality of this situation, they just lap up the headlines.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

As for "pardoning himself" yes that might be the only element of truth in the rabid garbage posted above. The smart money would be on him creating what we call an inquiry to establish the truth. An appeal can then be made on impartial and evidence based grounds rather than upholding these spurious convictions prosecuted on the obvious lies he has been tarnished with.
Plato
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Prez Trump and Prime Minister Farage! It’ll be better than the Reagan Thatcher years! :thumbup:

Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Looks like a ventriloquist and his ugly doll. Gottle gear, gottle gear, gollox!!
Pair of goons.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:43 am It must be difficult to see through the relentless propaganda the mainstream media promotes or to see past the extreme censorship of the majority of big tech/social media outlets. All of them insist orange man bad. It is becoming more and more obvious however that the persecution of Trump has failed (despite or arguably because of this latest travesty of justice) and any sensible observer can see how corrupt the entire system has become.

There are good people out there though, even in the Trump camp. Tulsi Gabbard is one. Vivek Ramaswami another. Two extremely capable candidates for VP...

Interesting that all the media & politicians etc that claimed Hunter's laptop was a Russian plant haven't said one fucking word this week since the FBI produced it at his gun trial & stated that it hasn't been tampered with at all...

I'd take Gabbard over any of them, but the US isn't going to elect a bloke named Ramaswami..

Back on the Trump trial subject:
The charge against Trump was for a misdemeanor which could only be promoted to a felony if it was done to conceal a different felony. That second supposed felony was never established.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Screwdriver wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:31 pm

Fucking hell!!

You believe ALL the left wing propagandist nonsense? Hook, line and sinker.

...and people call me a conspiracy theorist.

He's going to install himself as a dictator, destroy democracy, lead us into WW3, start endless unwinnable wars and do it all for his own personal enrichment??? :hmmm:

You mean just like he did last time he actually was the fucking president??!! FFS. Listen to yourself.

"Yeah but he's a convicted rapist, a Russian spy and stole funds to pay for a hooker" etc.

Somebody isn't paying attention to the reality of this situation, they just lap up the headlines.
I see that humour, as well as manners and a sense of reality, has escaped you.

I'm not descending into ming mong with you. You'd be better off just staying on Breitbart and Infowars where you can all just agree with each other.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Slenver wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:08 pm I see that humour, as well as manners and a sense of reality, has escaped you.

I'm not descending into ming mong with you. You'd be better off just staying on Breitbart and Infowars where you can all just agree with each other.
Oh I'm not interested in petty squabbles, just wondering how it is possible for any sentient being not to see this "lawfare" for what it is. I surmise this so called "Trump derangement syndrome" might even be real. Fill up the mainstream media with enough propaganda and some people will mindlessly believe it. I think it might be similar to the "soap opera effect" where implausible scenarios are played out so often and with such regularity that feeble minds simply acquiesce.

As for Breitbart and Infowars, I am familiar with neither. I can only assume these are social media sites full of the sort of brain dead, unthinking members one can have a good laugh at.

My existing social medias fulfil that requirement thanks.
Plato
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Buckaroo wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:36 pm Looks like a ventriloquist and his ugly doll. Gottle gear, gottle gear, gollox!!
Pair of goons.
Wouldn't mind going on the lash with them. I bet old Trump can get you into some decent clubs! :thumbup:
irie

Post by irie »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:02 am I don't think Trump is really bothered about the guilty verdict. He can play the martyr role, again, he loves that. He can add it to the list of things he's failed to prove: "the last election was rigged"; "I didn't try to incite a civil war". The line of argument he instructed his lawyers to follow, that the judge quite rightly disallowed on the basis that it was total bollocks, can now be played out in a hundred earnest YouTube channels and taken as gospel by the Truther bunch.

Amazing how some of you suddenly because experts in the minutiae of US law overnight innit? :D
As said on another thread:
irie wrote:As I see it not only politics but also society in general has been corrupted by social media which only contains the views of a tiny minority.
Trump is using social media to further his own interests to the extent of even setting up an 'alternate' social media platform "TRUTH Social".to broadcast propaganda to further his own narrow ambitions.

Social media has some beneficial sides but has increasingly been exploited by highly vociferous minority groups pursuing their own narrow interests.

To the extent that governments are now responding to the demands of these often tiny minority groups to the disadvantage of the wider population.
Leaving the majority of the population, which does not engage in minority social media propaganda warfare, able to express its will only at the ballot box.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno