Total votes: 55

Count Steer

Re: Who Will You Vote For?

Post by Count Steer »

irie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:04 pm
Count Steer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:15 pm
irie wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:32 pm

Soshal meeja innit.

If a highly vocal minority group want to sabotage something then they will using the megaphone politics of soshal meeja while the overwhelming majority of the population don't participate and get on with their lives working and bringing up their families.
I still don't see what (I'll take the 'half the population' as a figure of speech) any of the non-governmental population have done to impact the post-Brexit deal or post-Brexit changes ie farming/fishing subsidies etc. Even trending stuff on social media doesn't seem to have had any effect. Any 'sabotaging' seems to be purely down to governmental either a) incompetence and/or b) indecision.

I can't see what the average voter has achieved/impacted at all outside of the referendum and election scenarios. Seems odd to accuse them of sabotage. :hmmm:
Firstly, I said nothing about "half the population", I instead said "the overwhelming majority" of the population.

Secondly, it is not about the "average voter", it is instead about the small minority who exploit the social media megaphone.

This small minority is driving government policy.
It was Potter that used the expression 'half the population' in the post I originally responded to. That was what I was referring to.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It's true, they've done everything in their power.

Which is the same as doing fuck all ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:22 pm

I still don't see what (I'll take the 'half the population' as a figure of speech) any of the non-governmental population have done to impact the post-Brexit deal or post-Brexit changes ie farming/fishing subsidies etc. Even trending stuff on social media doesn't seem to have had any effect. Any 'sabotaging' seems to be purely down to governmental either a) incompetence and/or b) indecision.

I can't see what the average voter has achieved/impacted at all outside of the referendum and election scenarios. Seems odd to accuse them of sabotage. :hmmm:
Firstly, I said nothing about "half the population", I instead said "the overwhelming majority" of the population.

Secondly, it is not about the "average voter", it is instead about the small minority who exploit the social media megaphone.

It was Potter that used the expression 'half the population' in the post I originally responded to. That was what I was referring to.
I said half because the vote was pretty evenly split, although I realise that not everyone voted. And you can sabotage something by doing nothing of use, which is what every remainer has done since the vote, and if they have had influence then they have used it to scupper negotiations.

But honestly I just can’t be arsed going into details on this forum anymore, I only posted out of boredom and waking up this morning (and seeing I’d been quoted) I wish I hadn’t because now I’m supposed to explain to a bunch of angry left wingers just so they can argue black is white for entertainment.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Potter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:30 am

I said half because the vote was pretty evenly split, although I realise that not everyone voted. And you can sabotage something by doing nothing of use, which is what every remainer has done since the vote, and if they have had influence then they have used it to scupper negotiations.

But honestly I just can’t be arsed going into details on this forum anymore, I only posted out of boredom and waking up this morning (and seeing I’d been quoted) I wish I hadn’t because now I’m supposed to explain to a bunch of angry left wingers just so they can argue black is white for entertainment.
So 'half the population' was nonsense, 'sabotage' was nonsense and now one person asking a straight question is 'a bunch of angry left wingers'? Best to not get bored methinks. :lol:
Voltaire
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Potter wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:47 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:31 pm I've had conversations in Italy (in English, thankfully, as my Italian isn't at political discussion level), and been told that many of them wish they could leave the EU (Italexit?). I suspect any EU country has their share of leavers/remainers.

As for the 'balls up made of it'. The EU was hellbent to make sure Brexit was as painful as possible, to make sure no other country got that idea in their head, like a bitter ex-spouse, determined to extract as much pain from the divorce as they can.
Not to mention half of the UK population has done everything in their power to sabotage it because it suits their politics.

It’s amazing it hasn’t been a lot worse.
Remoaners stole our Brexit!

After the pandemic and war in Ukraine did the same.

We do have all the Brexit fish though. And immigration that has been tekken back control off of.

I'm sure this will be enough to ensure the northern poor felt it went well and vote Conservative in the upcoming election.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:44 am
Potter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:30 am

So 'half the population' was nonsense, 'sabotage' was nonsense and now one person asking a straight question is 'a bunch of angry left wingers'? Best to not get bored methinks. :lol:
Yeah it’s nonsense mate, you’re not interested in an actual discussion and I’m not playing who’s the best dickhead with you and your mate mango.
Enjoy.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

For the avoidance of doubt. I still am not clear on how any activity (or inactivity) of remain voters has influenced in any way government policy or actions since the vote. I asked a straight question and, as usual, get a tirade about angry left wingers and accuse of being a 'dickhead'.

I'm the one trying to have a discussion. :lol:
Voltaire
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

They quite rightly pointed out all the resulting errors and mishaps that had been decried as negativity during the electioneering. All the stuff that we were told wouldn't happen and all the promises that ebbed away.

That doesn't influence anything, it's just that half the country don't like being reminded.
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Are we back to the “remoaners” and “beleavers” slanging match again? Gawdelpus….
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:21 am For the avoidance of doubt. I still am not clear on how any activity (or inactivity) of remain voters has influenced in any way government policy or actions since the vote. I asked a straight question and, as usual, get a tirade about angry left wingers and accuse of being a 'dickhead'.

Activity or inactivity of Remain voters has influenced nothing. Activity or inactivity by Leave voters has influenced nothing.

You answered your own question in your 4th June post:
Count Steer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:15 pm Any 'sabotaging' seems to be purely down to governmental either a) incompetence and/or b) indecision.

The government at the time of the vote was predominately Remain and despite Johnson saying he "got Brexit done" the government was and still is full of Remainers. I'm not convinced Johnson was ever a Leave voter but a previous leader of the Conservative Party, the coward Cameron had promised "We will act on your decision in the referendum." and Johnson was enough of a twat to say we should "get it done". Very few in government were going to allow it to be done properly.

The government and parliament, full of the worst politicians in living memory, are solely to blame.

But, they're a funny bunch Remainers. They still think that "Let's do something" is a promise made by people who were not and never would be in a position to do 'it'. Failing to understand it wasn't a promise is indicative that they will never get their head around that the government, mostly Remainers are the problem. Not social media, not MLSP keeping it nice and Brexity, not the voters. Just the government and Parliament.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Potter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:10 am Yeah it’s nonsense mate, you’re not interested in an actual discussion and I’m not playing who’s the best dickhead with you and your mate mango.
Enjoy.
I've been deliberately staying out of this discussion/not discussion. You OK, hun?
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Anyway, did anyone watch the 'head to head' on ITV last night? I didn't but most of the UK tree-wasting press seem to have watched a different version to what's reported in more balanced sources. :D

(It seems these events are mainly to provide talking points for the media rather than to speak to the voters. Bit of a waste of an hour?).
Voltaire
Potter

Post by Potter »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:21 am For the avoidance of doubt. I still am not clear on how any activity (or inactivity) of remain voters has influenced in any way government policy or actions since the vote. I asked a straight question and, as usual, get a tirade about angry left wingers and accuse of being a 'dickhead'.

Remainers that sabotaged Brexit?

David Cameron - weaponised a referendum and deployed it to devastating effect and then fled.
Teresa May - Decided that no deal was better than a bad deal.
Boris - He's still at it, he was never a leaver, he was only interested in his own reflection, and he's attacking everything that comes out even though some of it was his idea back when he was PM.

If you're still unsure then google "Is Brexit being sabotaged" and you could write a PhD just on the first page of answers.
In fact, a flat denial that its even a possibility that some MPs (representing the voters that voted to remain) are absolutely not deliberately being awkward to hamper progress is pure flat-earther style denial, at the very least their refusal to come up with, or get onboard with anything that resembles a decent plan is enough to hamper progress.

I think we best just park it there, because you either can't see, or you just want to give Weeksy more editing to do when your mates join in with you on another ming-mong thread.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:05 am Anyway, did anyone watch the 'head to head' on ITV last night?
Nope. Catching up on sleep or even doing the washing up would be preferable to that.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Yambo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:33 am

Activity or inactivity of Remain voters has influenced nothing. Activity or inactivity by Leave voters has influenced nothing.

You answered your own question in your 4th June post:
Count Steer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:15 pm Any 'sabotaging' seems to be purely down to governmental either a) incompetence and/or b) indecision.

The government at the time of the vote was predominately Remain and despite Johnson saying he "got Brexit done" the government was and still is full of Remainers. I'm not convinced Johnson was ever a Leave voter but a previous leader of the Conservative Party, the coward Cameron had promised "We will act on your decision in the referendum." and Johnson was enough of a twat to say we should "get it done". Very few in government were going to allow it to be done properly.

The government and parliament, full of the worst politicians in living memory, are solely to blame.

But, they're a funny bunch Remainers. They still think that "Let's do something" is a promise made by people who were not and never would be in a position to do 'it'. Failing to understand it wasn't a promise is indicative that they will never get their head around that the government, mostly Remainers are the problem. Not social media, not MLSP keeping it nice and Brexity, not the voters. Just the government and Parliament.
It's not just that parliament was overwhelmingly Remain, an even bigger obstacle to "Getting Brexit Done" was the (un)Civil Service which is even more overwhelmingly Remain.

Anyway, there was a bus. Why has nobody mentioned the bus?
irie

Post by irie »

:lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Saga Lout wrote: It's not just that parliament was overwhelmingly Remain, an even bigger obstacle to "Getting Brexit Done" was the (un)Civil Service which is even more overwhelmingly Remain.
The very ill-advised (don’t gamble with something you’ll miss) referendum was just about eight years ago. Government is likely to have many new and young MPs. Perhaps the MPs and CS will manage to drag the agenda away from vengeance for Brexit.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Brexiteers, first it's the fault of the EU laws despite the amount of them that were just UK laws anyway.
Then it was all " You lost, get over it"
Then blaming remainers despite the conservative party having a huge majority and purging anyone who didn't publicly support Boris's bih blonde Brexit and remainers unable to do anything about it.
Then blaming the civil servants for the badly thought out hard brexit Boris and Frost forced through.

I can see it now, have a shite day at work, kick the cat.
Its pathetic to watch, frame yerselves.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Potter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:07 am
Pretty sure she had a deal in place but it was voted out by both Conservatives and Labour. It was, I believe, a better option than the shit show that happened with Boris
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Noggin wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:40 pm
Potter wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:07 am
Pretty sure she had a deal in place but it was voted out by both Conservatives and Labour. It was, I believe, a better option than the shit show that happened with Boris

I think the deal she put together was based on "it's shit but the alternative will be worse and you'll have to deal with someone worse than me" and that's how she tried to sell it. That's all she had really, on it's own merit her plan wasn't very good and she was way out of her depth, but to be fair she was right, the bloke and deal we finally ended up with was worse.