Bosch Performance Line CX Gen 2 Strip Down

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
crust

Re: Bosch Performance Line CX Gen 2 Strip Down

Post by crust »

Excellent posting, Beanie. :thumbup:

Mines just done 750 miles, I've never jet washed it and am very careful with the hose but it has got soaked more than a few times.

Am thinking either before Morzine in August or at the 1000 mile mark I'll probably send it to ebike motor pepes.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

:thumbup:

Good work.
Pushiron parts always seem so feeble compared to even light motorcycle parts. The juxtaposition of all those electronics and rusty, manky bearings are frightening ...
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

Nordboy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:54 am
Beancounter wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:47 pm I can see me going for the Bosch Service Kit + on this occasion. Still cheaper than a secondhand motor.
They are good kits and nice to see Bosch supplying them tbh, rather than making people pay for it to be done.
There's youtube videos showing how and where all the bits go as well. Makes even people like me think they could have a go without totally cocking it up :D
Ordered the Service Kit + today. The difference between it and the Mega kit is that the Mega kit contains the tools needed to remove the crank arms and front sprocket. Still haven't fully stripped the motor yet but I figure that if I know what new bearings I've got I can be a little less cautious with removing the old.

Haven't looked at the Ebike Motor website fully yet but there appears to be a load of helpful info on DIYing. :thumbup:
crust wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:28 pm Excellent posting, Beanie. :thumbup:

Mines just done 750 miles, I've never jet washed it and am very careful with the hose but it has got soaked more than a few times.

Am thinking either before Morzine in August or at the 1000 mile mark I'll probably send it to ebike motor pepes.
The service kit that I've bought talks about using different bearings because the standard Bosch ones are felt and just let water by, keen to see the difference.
DefTrap wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:48 pm :thumbup:

Good work.
Pushiron parts always seem so feeble compared to even light motorcycle parts. The juxtaposition of all those electronics and rusty, manky bearings are frightening ...
Indeed. There's still a lot of heavy grease in my motor but I've no idea hos much, if any, has been washed out over the last four years. I'd be tempted to pack out the whole thing but am sure that would have other negative effects.

**Edit** just had a message from Parcelforce saying they've collected my package from Ebike Motor peeps and it'll be delivered tomorrow. Excellent service thus far! 👍