In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Taipan

Re: In todays news...

Post by Taipan »

JamJar wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:50 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:05 pm Yet again we see the RNLI bringing in the boat people and leaving the service unable to respond to its normal duties should they be required. WTF don't they return to them from whence they came! WTF doesn't border patrol stop them. WTF are we paying the ever useless Le Plod/Douane to wish them Bon Voyage...

In the last 7 days alone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ast-7-days
How many of those people were picked up by the RNLI? You don’t know but you are willing to spread the lies.
Just watch the news and see them getting off the RNLI boats. Have you really missed this, or just prefer to follow the woke lies about it all, despite the obvious viewings.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

demographic wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 am So, showing just how popular the opinions of elderly racists are in the London mayoral elections the Britain First candidate had recieved less votes than Count Binface.

There may be some lessons for the Conservatives in there alttough I doubt they'll take heed til theyve had a significant journey where they deny, blame everyone else, lick their wounds then eventually realise that perhaps the centre ground is where most of the votes are.

Any bets for how long that will take? I reckon at least two general elections before theyyre baxk properly after the centre ground.
I'd quite like to see them get back to being old skool Conservatives instead of some sort of Farage tribute band or a club for spivs and chancers. (Same thing really I suppose).

However, despite yesterday's drubbing which took out one of the decent old skool types in Andy Street there's still a decent bet on a hung parliament. After what happened to the Lib Dems I don't suppose they'll be hopping into bed with the Conservatives again.

Interesting times.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:21 am Yet again we see the RNLI bringing in the boat people and leaving the service unable to respond to its normal duties should they be required.

https://rnli.org/footer/faqs/our-work-i ... annel-faqs

Are you diverting resources and funding from other parts of the RNLI to deal with Channel crossings?

No. We review demand on our resources continually and where more resource and assets are required, we allocate them accordingly. If a station experiences a surge in demand and requires an additional asset, we will allocate this if it provides necessary support to our volunteer crew there and to those they are tasked to rescue. Our resources are allocated on the basis of need. Our work in the Channel is one part of what the RNLI does to save lives at sea around the UK and Ireland and last year accounted for 3% of the total number of launches for the RNLI’s 238 lifeboat stations.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Horse wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:29 am
Taipan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:21 am Yet again we see the RNLI bringing in the boat people and leaving the service unable to respond to its normal duties should they be required.

Are you diverting resources and funding from other parts of the RNLI to deal with Channel crossings?

No. We review demand on our resources continually and where more resource and assets are required, we allocate them accordingly. If a station experiences a surge in demand and requires an additional asset, we will allocate this if it provides necessary support to our volunteer crew there and to those they are tasked to rescue. Our resources are allocated on the basis of need. Our work in the Channel is one part of what the RNLI does to save lives at sea around the UK and Ireland and last year accounted for 3% of the total number of launches for the RNLI’s 238 lifeboat stations.
That reads like the answer was yes.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

If a boat is picking up migrants it isn't available for anything else. That's the long and short of it. As the weather breaks, it will become a daily event for them as it has for the last few years. As RNLI rely on donations, i suspect their PR dept will be working overtime to put a good spin on this.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Taipan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:48 am
If a boat is picking up migrants it isn't available for anything else. That's the long and short of it. As the weather breaks, it will become a daily event for them as it has for the last few years. As RNLI rely on donations, i suspect their PR dept will be working overtime to put a good spin on this.

If a boat is dealing with a body at the bottom of the White Cliffs they're not really available for anything else, are they.

If it is felt that those people on the boats are in danger the RNLI will deal with that. If there is another emergency a boat will be deployed from somewhere else. There are loads of lifeboats on the SE coast.

When my BiL was cox'n of the Dover lifeboat that were asked to pick up the body of a dead dog from South Foreland. Would that be more important than a bunch of people in what is basically a big dinghy?
Last edited by Yambo on Sun May 05, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

RNLI picks up people in need of rescue at sea. Thats what they do.
Go pick on someone else.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

demographic wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:22 pm RNLI picks up people in need of rescue at sea. Thats what they do.
Go pick on someone else.
RNLI shouldn't be picking illegally trafficked economic migrants, especially in these numbers! They shouldn't be leaving France and causing this. It'd be better to deploy greater number of Borer patrol boats to turn them back. We could stop paying France to watch them leave in many cases too.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Taipan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:31 pm
demographic wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:22 pm RNLI picks up people in need of rescue at sea. Thats what they do.
Go pick on someone else.
RNLI shouldn't be picking illegally trafficked economic migrants, especially in these numbers! They shouldn't be leaving France and causing this. It'd be better to deploy greater number of Borer patrol boats to turn them back. We could stop paying France to watch them leave in many cases too.
ICBA to look it up, but I would not be surprised if the RNLI is bound by its own constitution to pick up ALL people at risk.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:31 pm
Go pick on someone else.
TBF, they can't just let folk drown.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Go pick on someone else.
It reminds me of a comment on the radio 'Our response to problems is always like putting an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff instead of putting a fence at the top'. Blaming the RNLI - who just do what they're committed to do* - is like blaming the ambulance crew that people keep falling off the cliff.

* Having watched some programmes about the RNLI I'd quite happily turn a blind eye if they decided not to risk their lives saving some of the dickheads they do rescue, like some of the tossers on paddleboards or people without a scooby that set off on trips without the right kit or any real experience etc etc etc. Some of them should be charged with reckless endangerment.
Voltaire
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Taipan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:21 am
JamJar wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:50 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:05 pm Yet again we see the RNLI bringing in the boat people and leaving the service unable to respond to its normal duties should they be required. WTF don't they return to them from whence they came! WTF doesn't border patrol stop them. WTF are we paying the ever useless Le Plod/Douane to wish them Bon Voyage...

In the last 7 days alone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ast-7-days
How many of those people were picked up by the RNLI? You don’t know but you are willing to spread the lies.
Just watch the news and see them getting off the RNLI boats. Have you really missed this, or just prefer to follow the woke lies about it all, despite the obvious viewings.
The RNLI aid approximately 45 people a day on average around the entire country so you are lying.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Count Steer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:43 pm * Having watched some programmes about the RNLI I'd quite happily turn a blind eye if they decided not to risk their lives saving some of the dickheads they do rescue, like some of the tossers on paddleboards or people without a scooby that set off on trips without the right kit or any real experience etc etc etc. Some of them should be charged with reckless endangerment.
There are areas of the US that are so remote that it's generally accepted that if you get into difficulties, the rescue isn't going to get there in time to save your sorry ass... & they aren't all in middle of nowhere, as that Brit actor bloke found out when he went wandering around the local mountains in LA County about a year ago. It was months before they found what was left of him.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

The RNLI are prepared to put their own lives on the line to save strangers. Remember the Union Star/ Solomon Brown? I do, a good mate of mine was on the Solomon Brown, and the coxswain was a distant relative of Mrs CJ.

Attempt to stop them from rescuing "illegal immigrants" ? You could try, but you would fail!
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:09 pm
Count Steer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:43 pm * Having watched some programmes about the RNLI I'd quite happily turn a blind eye if they decided not to risk their lives saving some of the dickheads they do rescue, like some of the tossers on paddleboards or people without a scooby that set off on trips without the right kit or any real experience etc etc etc. Some of them should be charged with reckless endangerment.
There are areas of the US that are so remote that it's generally accepted that if you get into difficulties, the rescue isn't going to get there in time to save your sorry ass... & they aren't all in middle of nowhere, as that Brit actor bloke found out when he went wandering around the local mountains in LA County about a year ago. It was months before they found what was left of him.
People get lost, wander off steep drops etc even here - but we don't have bears, cougars and wolves to worry about. :D

Some of the tales the Mountain Rescue people have to tell are pretty :shock: - people strolling up Ben Nevis in flip-flops is one of them. Folk trying to negotiate tricky routes just using Google maps is pretty common.
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

If they send a helicopter to get you, it's followed shortly by the bill...
irie

Post by irie »

Mussels wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:33 am

That reads like the answer was yes.
The question, of course, is what proportion of launches were made by Channel lifeboat stations to transport small boat occupants to the UK?
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Range Rover accept their cars are too nickable.

They're offering 5 grand to help with insurance costs.
Call me old fashioned, but why not try to make the ignition/software safe?
Can't be that hard ?

https://news.sky.com/story/when-will-in ... g-13040934
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

How many folk here have errant kids? I'm sure you'd never lock them out of your life completely.

But the dickhead King of England is too busy to see his son. Not even 10 minutes.

This does piss me off

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ck5k0874nzro
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Yorick wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:40 pm But the dickhead King of England is too busy to see his son.