When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Supermofo

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by Supermofo »

Skub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:18 am
Supermofo wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:11 pm Weather's been bobbins here. 2nd night of thunder storms and weekend forecast of rain. Never felt so much like not wanting to live here
It'll pass man,just shit when you're in the middle of it.
Think it's not helping that I'm busy at work so haven't even managed to snatch a lunchtime ride when the weather was decent. Praying we get a few dry hours Sat or Sun morning :angelic-green:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Supermofo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:12 am Think it's not helping that I'm busy at work so haven't even managed to snatch a lunchtime ride when the weather was decent. Praying we get a few dry hours Sat or Sun morning :angelic-green:
I nipped out for an hour just now to get the 'derelict building' shot and got caught in the rain on the way home! It's not often it gets me. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Skub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:56 am
Supermofo wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:12 am Think it's not helping that I'm busy at work so haven't even managed to snatch a lunchtime ride when the weather was decent. Praying we get a few dry hours Sat or Sun morning :angelic-green:
I nipped out for an hour just now to get the 'derelict building' shot and got caught in the rain on the way home! It's not often it gets me. :lol:
Taking my son to school this morning, one of the roads was closed due to flooding. Some fool was going through anyway and water was midway up their front grill. Quick route to a hydrolocked engine!

If I get out tomorrow morning I'll stick to main roads as loads of field run off all over the place.
ajlog

Post by ajlog »

Best day so far this year, made the mistake of heading for a new Sunday morning meet at The Stag near Alcester, now called The Piston Club.
I should have realised that the combination of the good weather and a new venue would be busy, but it was mobbed, big gatherings and group rides are not my thing so I didn’t hang around.
This is just the main car park, there was a second and a hard standing area also full.

On the good side, I was directed to the hard standing area where they were giving out free side stand pucks, I need a new one as my Bennetts one is about 20yrs old.

Carried on out into the countryside to find a quiet place for a coffee and some deserted roads, so all good in the end.

Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

I've got a nasty case of Skub
IMG_20240505_145739.jpg
IMG_20240505_145739.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1052 times
Skub

Post by Skub »

ajlog wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:42 pm Image
Love that pic. 8-) It summarises 'getting your head lifted' and the whole theme puts a smile on the face.
Walt Whitman
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Jolly boys outing round Beds, met up with my brother for a ride before a coffee in Bike Stop in Stevenage. Some poor bugger tipped his Tenere 700 over onto another bike which both went over. In front of about 100 people cos there was a rideout about to start :oops: Luckily my brother followed me back to mine as just before Hertford his clutch cable went slack, so quick pit stop to sort that. Good 3 hour ride.

Went passed some lovely scenery but didn't stop so all you're getting is the BP at Welwyn.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Supermofo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:15 pm Jolly boys outing round Beds, met up with my brother for a ride before a coffee in Bike Stop in Stevenage. Some poor bugger tipped his Tenere 700 over onto another bike which both went over. In front of about 100 people cos there was a rideout about to start :oops: Luckily my brother followed me back to mine as just before Hertford his clutch cable went slack, so quick pit stop to sort that. Good 3 hour ride.

Went passed some lovely scenery but didn't stop so all you're getting is the BP at Welwyn.
Did yer bro nick yer top bollox? :P
Walt Whitman
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Skub wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:59 pm
Supermofo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:15 pm Jolly boys outing round Beds, met up with my brother for a ride before a coffee in Bike Stop in Stevenage. Some poor bugger tipped his Tenere 700 over onto another bike which both went over. In front of about 100 people cos there was a rideout about to start :oops: Luckily my brother followed me back to mine as just before Hertford his clutch cable went slack, so quick pit stop to sort that. Good 3 hour ride.

Did yer bro nick yer top bollox? :P
No, his is bigger than mine :oops:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

First ride of the year, it;s been a long time a commin', only a quick 3 hour round trip to British Camp https://www.malvernbeacon.com/malvern-h ... itish-camp

ImagePXL_20240506_124246611 by MrLongbeard, on Flickr
Horse

Post by Horse »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 am... sounds like an army Saracen apparently.
That'll give a few people flashbacks!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Nice day ferret.
Walt Whitman
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Aye, indeed- I've just got back from a very enjoyable 50 miles or so on the (not so) shouty armchair, fabulous day and I do love that bike- I probably say it every time I ride it, but it always seems to surprise me just how nimble and sportsbike-like it feels for such a big old girl :thumbup:

We're off on a little trip on it across to Paris for a few days next week and it'll be so good if the weather is like this, but even if it's not and it pisses down
( as it has for every trip away we've done on it so far :roll: ) we'll still have fun :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Lovely weather around here today,so I took the Street Triple for a evening spin.

The forecast is looking good for the next few days :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Hurrah!! Sunny day at last!!! Ok, a few clouds in this pic, but was a very lovely ride to and around the valley and back :D

Snow is melting very slowly!!

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I took the SV650 for it's 600 mile service earlier.After it was serviced I went for a spin to celebrate,120 miles later & I'm back home watching the NW200.

I ordered a top yoke conversion kit in March,it was ready to post yesterday but I decided to collect it instead

I bought the Renthal's the other month,just been waiting for the top yoke to be ready.Ironically after doing 120 miles on the bike earlier,I found riding with clip on's not to uncomfortable.Now there's no urgency to do the conversion! :roll:
I'll fit it next time it's pouring down,probably next week..
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Those hoses look a mite short.....
non quod, sed quomodo
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

It's not as short as the original!
I only need one,& being a ABS bike it goes from the front M/C to the ABS pump,which is located somewhere near the steering head,tbh I'm not sure exactly where as I've not yet lifted the tank to find out .
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

On the way back from a post MOT run to Hebden on the way into Oxenhope. Not a bad day for it 8-)

The Rhinowalk bag stayed secure despite a little provocation :1 A fairly light load in there but I have confidence it could cope with much more.

Got quite a few furry fasteners after being sat in the garage all winter so wire brushes and ACF required.

'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

That there Griso is a lot of bike! Very purposeful looking.