What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 pm Sorted out the insurance work for the church roof repairs. That will hopefully take place soon! Also managed to get a faculty for the other church sorted for surface cable run of the earth bonding straps for gas/water supplies to be can comply to current EICR certifications, and a new consumer board being fitted at the same time.

Took the woof to be groomed, she was very shaggy. Now a smooth neatly trimmed hound. Beautiful dog!

Sorted out my tax affairs with the consultant this morning, all ship shape and done.

Have sorted a funeral for next week. Working on a wedding for July, must get music downloaded for that one.

Led a prayer service for someone who was in a car accident on Sunday, she was hit by a driver under the influence of drugs/drinks and he was out on bail for the same offense... she is in a coma in Kings Hospital with bleed on the brain and spinal injuries.

Have a Bible Study in 15 minutes, so need to prepare for that as well! Dinner will happen later on tonight.
Even a man of the cloth can have no sympathy for him.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I had a visit to the Physio Terrorist today at the suggestion of my Dr...I'm not sure how much the PT is billing my insurance company, but he had two Asian gals work me over for about 90 minutes :shock: :thumbup: :shhh: :silent: 8-)
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Yorick wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 pm
the_priest wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 pm Sorted out the insurance work for the church roof repairs. That will hopefully take place soon! Also managed to get a faculty for the other church sorted for surface cable run of the earth bonding straps for gas/water supplies to be can comply to current EICR certifications, and a new consumer board being fitted at the same time.

Took the woof to be groomed, she was very shaggy. Now a smooth neatly trimmed hound. Beautiful dog!

Sorted out my tax affairs with the consultant this morning, all ship shape and done.

Have sorted a funeral for next week. Working on a wedding for July, must get music downloaded for that one.

Led a prayer service for someone who was in a car accident on Sunday, she was hit by a driver under the influence of drugs/drinks and he was out on bail for the same offense... she is in a coma in Kings Hospital with bleed on the brain and spinal injuries.

Have a Bible Study in 15 minutes, so need to prepare for that as well! Dinner will happen later on tonight.
Even a man of the cloth can have no sympathy for him.
I don't have sympathy for him, but I can pray for his salvation and coming to true life. He is a captive of addiction and the horrors of that lifestyle.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Been to the hospital to get my heart checked. Turns out I don't have heart failure! :thumbup:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Saved a bee. :D

Found a half-dead, large, solitary (bumble) bee on the floor of the conservatory. Gathered it up and put it on the rosemary outside as it's in flower and all sorts of bees seem to like it. Still seemed pretty comatose. Nipped indoors and made a sugar solution in a small lid. Didn't seem v interested so dripped a bit on a nearby flower. Ahah! Some interest. Dipped a little stick in the stuff and hand fed it. Eventually got it feeding from the lid, which it wouldn't let go of, back legs on the rosemary, front on the lid, so I'm stuck there. Fortunately my predicament was noted and a makeshift seat provided. :lol:

Seems much more chipper now but the come-down after the sugar rush is going to be epic!

Edit: Beewatch update. Woohoo! We have lift off! :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I often meet up with a friend when he comes out on holiday, he’s usually out three or four times a season, on his own or with friends. He’s my rugby buddy - we met watching rugby in a mates bar and he actually knows the rules!! So he explains stuff to me! 🤣🤣

Anyway, I didn’t make it out yesterday as wasn’t feeling well. I usually head over to the bar near where he stays, only a 20-25 min bus ride, and the bar is owned by friends so I see them too. Cos I didn’t make it last night, I said to let me know when he’d be at the bar tonight and I head over

For a text this morning saying that he’ll come to my village and take me out for dinner, could I make a reservation somewhere? We always have a proper laugh cos despite how different we are we can chat for ages (although I generally go home quite early and he keeps drinking till dawn 🤣🤣🤣)

Whilst we were out he said “well, you always come over to Bellecote so I thought I’d come over to Centre for a change “

So cool. Generally I only see people I know in other villages if I go to their village, very rare anyone suggests coming to near me 🤣

And, we had a fab night night out - I’m laying bets that when he gets back to Bellecote he’ll head to a club and not the apartment, but that’s “normal for Jeff” 🤣🤣🤣
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Put my Scruffs pants on, clipped a Stanley tape to one of the loops, put safety boots on. Suitably inspired by the 'trade' look I wielded a couple of Makita tools and made a pair of wooden brackets for the downpipe clips on the side of the cabin. Gave 'em a coat of yacht varnish.

As it was a shame to have got dressed up for just that I strimmed the grass too. :D

Posed around the missus to see if I got the Homer/Marge Simpson effect á la 'Mr Snow' jacket. :lol:
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It's Mr Plow.

Mr Plow, that's his name.

That name again, is Mr Plow.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm It's Mr Plow.

Mr Plow, that's his name.

That name again, is Mr Plow.
Oh yeah. Didn't he get competition from Mr Snow?
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

The Plow King!

Not even God himself can stop them when they work together.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Rolled around under the F350 to check clearance for my spiffy 5 gallon oil change bucket which has a tap on the side near the bottom so I can fill it from the oil pan on the truck, then use the tap to put the old oil in the jugs the new oil (18 fucking quarts!) came in.
Will work perfectly with the ramps I built from 2x12's
Upcoming:
Dentist for a cleaning, followed by bank to sort out some 12 & 24 month CD's.. might actually buy a 48 or 60 month. For some reason my bank (actually a Credit Union) has better deals on Thursdays.

Got a couple of spray cans of Gunk Engine Brite which will be used in conjunction with brushes & the pressure washer to clean up the F350 engine valley & the underside a bit. All the gloss black paint on the suspendies/steering is in perfect condition & will look much better after I clean all the snarge off it. It may even get waxed/polished.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

It was a lovely morning so I tooled around on a bicycle for a couple of bits then thought, why not take the motorcycle out for a bit? Did a run out into the sticks and back. It was filthy when I got home so ran it up to the local Karcher booth.

Lubed the chain & put it away then remembered I've still not MOT'd it this year yet. Ran out first week march.

Lock me up.
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Today learnt the difference between Holland and The Netherlands.
Duhhhh!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Holland is an area of the Netherlands, which happens to contain Amsterdam and the Hague, iirc.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Hopefully started to sort my life out in a more positive manner. Big decisions made, help requested, now to see if it will all work out this time and isn't another oncoming train!!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am Today learnt the difference between Holland and The Netherlands.
Duhhhh!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (9.97 KiB) Viewed 381 times
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:35 am Big decisions made
Well? Did you go for a cup of tea or coffee? ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Went for a trip on this. Very civilised. Cake and tea on board. It's all v modern - the boat's electric (built that way, not a conversion, I think). Quite a relaxing way to travel...if you aren't in a hurry. :lol:

Voltaire
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 pm Quite a relaxing way to travel...if you aren't in a hurry.
And you are going somewhere where the canal goes
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!