Israel's war with Hamas (and other Iran proxies)

Current affairs, Politics, News.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Israel's war with Hamas (and other Iran proxies)

Post by weeksy »

Children, behave.

Let's not spoil my weekend
irie

Post by irie »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:47 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:35 pm
JamJar wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:09 pm My question was specifically about how you think Jews are raised! How do you know how Jews are raised?
I don't.
JackyJoll wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:38 pm
It must involve religion yeah.
Quite likely. I imagine there would be atheists and agnostics in Jewish society, so not an all-encompassing yes from me.
Do you mean atheists and agnostics in Jewish society generally, or do you mean atheist and agnostic Jews in Israeli society?
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

No backpedal at all - you just like to infer the absolute worst from any post of mine.

But I'm used to it.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

irie wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:56 pm

I don't.
Quite likely. I imagine there would be atheists and agnostics in Jewish society, so not an all-encompassing yes from me.
Do you mean atheists and agnostics in Jewish society generally, or do you mean atheist and agnostic Jews in Israeli society?
Atheists and agnostics in Jewish society generally
irie

Post by irie »

weeksy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:52 pm Children, behave.

Let's not spoil my weekend
Perhaps mango should stop stirring up the chutney? In a manner of speaking, of course. :lol:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
irie

Post by irie »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:57 pm No backpedal at all - you just like to infer the absolute worst from any post of mine.

But I'm used to it.
Aw poor diddums, it's so hard to be misunderstood. Image
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

JamJar wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:09 pm My question was specifically about how you think Jews are raised! How do you know how Jews are raised?
I don't.
So what we have established here is that you know fuck all about Jews, what they may or may not believe or how they are raised.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Let's call it a night and close this until morning. I think a few people need to have a sit and remember why this forum of ours exists.

This, is not the way.
irie

Post by irie »

I have taken the decision to out myself as an atheist member of the Church of Scientology and am in fact a shape changing Green Lizard buddy of David Icke. :banana-dance:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68708923

Israel stirring the Hornets nest.......
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Seems our government is breaking international law by selling arms that are being used in a genocide...

The UK government has been given legal advice that Israel "has broken humanitarian law" but has not announced it, according to a senior Tory MP.

Under international law, countries must deny the exports of arms if there is an overriding risk that weapons could be used to commit or facilitate serious violations of humanitarian law, human rights law, or other serious crimes.

Alicia Kearns, the chair of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, has claimed government lawyers have told the UK that Israel is not complying with its international commitments, but has not disclosed this and continues arms exports.

Last week, the International Court of Justice made a legally binding order for Israel to increase the flow of aid into Gaza, warning that "famine is setting in". This comes as part of the case brought by South Africa accusing Israel of genocide.

Israel stringently denies the allegation, stating that it is engaged in military self-defence following the 7 October attacks committed by Hamas.

There have been allegations that Israel has broken international law through cutting water, electricity, and food to Gaza, as well as through not administering aid as the occupying power.

Israel has also been found by the United Nations Interim Force In Lebanon (UNIFIL) to have been in violation of international law after two "clearly identifiable journalists" were killed in Lebanon in October last year.
demographic

Post by demographic »

And as the discussion seems to bave evolved into how people have been brought up as a child, hows about teaching yer kids to sing this little ditty.

Now my Hebrew isn't right good and I only pick out the very occasional word so am having to trust the interpretation.
However its been quite widely reported as fact so does anyone else have an opinion on these kids song?

I'll ratch out the footage of the elderly deathcamp survivor protesting against what israel is doing when I can.
There's also Jewish protestors against Israels policies in various cities round the world so this isn't about "Jewish people" its about Zionists and their extended use of apartied, land theft, imprisonment without trial, torture and now genocide.

There's Jewish people all over the world disgusted by this behavior.
demographic

Post by demographic »

More than 600 lawyers, including former Supreme Court President Lady Hale, have signed a letter to the prime minister warning that the government risks breaching international law by continuing to export weapons to Israel.

The calls come as wider pressure mounts on Rishi Sunak to suspend arms sales to Israel following the deaths of three British aid workers in an airstrike in Gaza.
Signatories said the worsening situation in Gaza and the International Court of Justice’s conclusion that there was a “plausible risk of genocide” obliged to UK to suspend arms sales to the country.

The 17-page letter, which also amounts to a legal opinion, said: “While we welcome the increasingly robust calls by your government for a cessation of fighting and the unobstructed entry to Gaza of humanitarian assistance, simultaneously to continue (to take two striking examples) the sale of weapons and weapons systems to Israel and to maintain threats of suspending UK aid to Unwra [United Nations Relief and Works Agency] falls significantly short of your government’s obligations under international law.”

Other signatories included former Supreme Court justices Lord Sumption and Lord Wilson, along with nine other judges and 69 top barristers.

The letter came at the end of a day of cross-party calls for the suspension of arms exports to Israel. Labour’s shadow foreign secretary, David Lammy, urged the Government to publish any legal advice it had received on whether Israel had broken international law, and to suspend arms sales if there was a risk weapons could be used in “a serious breach of international humanitarian law”.

Sir Alan Duncan, who served as a minister between 2010 and 2019, joined calls from Conservative ranks to strongly condemn Israel’s killing of seven aid workers - three of whom were British - as “merciless”. Conservative MPs Flick Drummond and David Jones also called on the government to suspend arms sales.
irie

Post by irie »

Here is the link for the below post:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/i ... 23118.html
demographic wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:51 am More than 600 lawyers, including former Supreme Court President Lady Hale, have signed a letter to the prime minister warning that the government risks breaching international law by continuing to export weapons to Israel.

The calls come as wider pressure mounts on Rishi Sunak to suspend arms sales to Israel following the deaths of three British aid workers in an airstrike in Gaza.
Signatories said the worsening situation in Gaza and the International Court of Justice’s conclusion that there was a “plausible risk of genocide” obliged to UK to suspend arms sales to the country.

The 17-page letter, which also amounts to a legal opinion, said: “While we welcome the increasingly robust calls by your government for a cessation of fighting and the unobstructed entry to Gaza of humanitarian assistance, simultaneously to continue (to take two striking examples) the sale of weapons and weapons systems to Israel and to maintain threats of suspending UK aid to Unwra [United Nations Relief and Works Agency] falls significantly short of your government’s obligations under international law.”

Other signatories included former Supreme Court justices Lord Sumption and Lord Wilson, along with nine other judges and 69 top barristers.

The letter came at the end of a day of cross-party calls for the suspension of arms exports to Israel. Labour’s shadow foreign secretary, David Lammy, urged the Government to publish any legal advice it had received on whether Israel had broken international law, and to suspend arms sales if there was a risk weapons could be used in “a serious breach of international humanitarian law”.

Sir Alan Duncan, who served as a minister between 2010 and 2019, joined calls from Conservative ranks to strongly condemn Israel’s killing of seven aid workers - three of whom were British - as “merciless”. Conservative MPs Flick Drummond and David Jones also called on the government to suspend arms sales.
demographic

Post by demographic »

Ta muchly, didn't have time to dick about with quotes this morning.
irie

Post by irie »

demographic wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:54 pm Ta muchly, didn't have time to dick about with quotes this morning.
You are saying that you had enough time to "dick about" with cutting and pasting the text in the link you accessed, but not enough time to post the link itself? Pull the other leg demo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
demographic

Post by demographic »

irie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:17 pm
demographic wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:54 pm Ta muchly, didn't have time to dick about with quotes this morning.
You are saying that you had enough time to "dick about" with cutting and pasting the text in the link you accessed, but not enough time to post the link itself? Pull the other leg demo. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yup, if yer bright enough to look at time of posting it was 05:51 in the morning when I posted it.
I was making my food up for the day and am generally out the door at six taking the dog for a walk, which is generally about 35-45 mins long before I pick up the works prentice and (in the case of last week) drive to Kendal to start work.
You may believe that I was trying to pass all that off as my own writing? It seemed obvious enough to even the simplest person (as it actually contained various quotes anyway) that it wasnt mine so I didn't worry too much about pissing about giving it a source.
You did so which I thanked you for as you clearly have significantly more time at your disposal, ta muchly for that and also thanks for bouncing it up the page where more prople get to read about a situation which is blindingly obvious to me but some people seem oblivious to.
Its a genocide, our government is obliged to stop arms trade with a country comitting a genocide, thats the law and they can no longer pretend that they don't know the law.

Also, I'm not sure if you've noticed this but my quality and in depth posts have suffered because I no longer have a proper computer, its all done on a phone which is relatively awkward and frequently junks what Ive written mid post. So sometimes when I'm a bit short of time I can't be fucked re-writing stuff out and just dump the relevant information where I feel its needed.
Have a nice day :thumbup:
demographic

Post by demographic »

Oh and for the benefit of the crowd, had I been alive during the late 1930s and early 40s and assuming that I might have known about what was going on in Germany.
I'm pretty sure that I would have been mentioning the appalling genocide that was perpetrated upon the Jews, Black people in Germany;, Jehovah’s Witnesses, people with disabilities; Poles; dissenters, Roma, Soviet Prisoners of War yada yada yada.

Obviously not on an internet forum though, cos they didn't exist back then.
Just thought I'd mention that bit, to lessen the possibility misunderstandings.
irie

Post by irie »

Sky News wrote:"Netanyahu: No ceasefire without hostages' return"
So it seems that there is a basis for a ceasefire and hopefully after that a peace deal.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Al Jazeera attempts to investigate the real events of October 7th 2023. Only available on Youtube.