This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:03 am No wonder he'll never become POTUS in this day and age.
Interesting article here in the Gruaniad about why people vote for peeps like Trump and indeed the source of some problems in politics today.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... republican
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:24 am
gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:03 am No wonder he'll never become POTUS in this day and age.
Interesting article here in the Gruaniad about why people vote for peeps like Trump and indeed the source of some problems in politics today.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... republican
Couldn't have worded it better. The 'American Dream' is based on wealth alone. No other values, as far as I can tell. Social responsibility doesn't seem to get a look in.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

gremlin wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:03 am Couldn't have worded it better. The 'American Dream' is based on wealth alone. No other values, as far as I can tell. Social responsibility doesn't seem to get a look in.
And there was me thinking it was life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Oh well, you live and learn.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I think they merely equate happiness with money.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Nordboy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:22 am :lol: this is what makes me laugh. Some people want it both ways. Biden has dementia because he can't string a sentence together, but when Trump does it, then it's the lack of teleprompter?? FFS, this is someone who is applying for arguably the most powerful job in the world, if he can't talk sense then he shouldn't be there, simple. Or just use notes and a teleprompter? Not rocket science.

Like his politics or not, Obama was one of the best Presidential speakers ever, in a different galaxy from these two buffoons.

I haven't got a link, but you should watch the Kimmel segment when they ask Trump supporters about quotes of Bidens, they slag off Biden, then the reporters states they got it wrong and it was actually a Trump quote. Suddenly the same quote was acceptable and they then tried to justify it. A very 'challenged' bunch indeed.

If he talks shit, and he regularly does, at least as much as Biden. Say he talks shit. Absolute joke of a US politics system and candidates. The state that the USA is going to be in after the next four years is going to be an interesting watch for sure. :thumbup:
They do exactly the same thing with Democrats & Trump quotes, obviously not that twat Kimmel tho.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:43 am I think they merely equate happiness with money.
It's easier to be happy in a mansion than living in a cardboard box under a freeway overpass. Money buys freedom from miserable poverty.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Marjorie Taylor Greene told a BBC reporter to fuck off last night :)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:06 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:43 am I think they merely equate happiness with money.
It's easier to be happy in a mansion than living in a cardboard box under a freeway overpass. Money buys freedom from miserable poverty.
Imagine if your society was based around making sure nobody had to live under an overpass though, rather than the president being a figurehead for "every man for himself" :thumbup:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:53 am
Imagine if your society was based around making sure nobody had to live under an overpass though, rather than the president being a figurehead for "every man for himself" :thumbup:
That's fight'n talk boy, hand me my assault rifle Martha, we got us one of them there Commies in the yard.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:53 am Imagine if your society was based around making sure nobody had to live under an overpass though, rather than the president being a figurehead for "every man for himself" :thumbup:
I live in a State where the democrats hold a super-majority (US speak for a dictatorship) & we have the highest number of *unhomed* in the country... Maybe they should let the republicans have a go, they sure as fuck can't do any worse than the democrats.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Hmmm Imagine that ...

The Criminal Justice Bill is a new piece of legislation being introduced by the UK Government. The Bill contains new powers for police and local authorities to enforce against so-called 'nuisance rough sleeping' in England and Wales. These powers include being moved on, a fine up to £2,500 and even imprisonment.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Horse wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:27 am
Hmmm Imagine that ...

The Criminal Justice Bill is a new piece of legislation being introduced by the UK Government. The Bill contains new powers for police and local authorities to enforce against so-called 'nuisance rough sleeping' in England and Wales. These powers include being moved on, a fine up to £2,500 and even imprisonment.
Quite right too. They'll easily be able to pay £2,500 out of the money they're saving by not paying rent. :angry-cussingblack:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Horse wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:27 am
Hmmm Imagine that ...

Yeah it's hard to know where to begin with that law. :crazy:

It's like criminalising suicide and giving it the death penalty
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:05 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:53 am Imagine if your society was based around making sure nobody had to live under an overpass though, rather than the president being a figurehead for "every man for himself" :thumbup:
I live in a State where the democrats hold a super-majority (US speak for a dictatorship) & we have the highest number of *unhomed* in the country... Maybe they should let the republicans have a go, they sure as fuck can't do any worse than the democrats.
San Francisco was a disgrace last time I was there. Some of the most expensive real estate in the USA, some of the most affluent corporations - and thousands of aggressive homeless that are ignored by everyone.

Land of the Brave and Free , my arse
Land of the self interested and entitled, it is!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I've never been to a major US city that wasn't overflowing with homeless people.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:43 am San Francisco was a disgrace last time I was there. Some of the most expensive real estate in the USA, some of the most affluent corporations - and thousands of aggressive homeless that are ignored by everyone.
The democrats can do something for appearances. When Biden visits they move all the homeless & clean all the human shit off the streets for a few days. They also did the same when they Chinese Premier visited. Reporter asked if the clean up was just to impress the Chinese bloke & Newsolini actually admitted it was.

The latest monumental balls up by the Governor was removing 4 dams on the Klamath River & releasing the silt which has killed everything in the river all the way to the ocean owing to the poisons in it. This was done to *improve* the lives of salmon & allow them to swim further upstream for spawning.... They had just released 900,000 salmon smelt into the river & they're all dead. The silt has also buried all the gravel beds the fish use to drop their eggs.
This came out yesterday:
https://www.kdrv.com/news/waterwatch/kl ... 8bbeb.html
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Horse wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:27 am and even imprisonment.[/i]
And who said it wasn't helping to improve homelessness, eh?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:44 pm
There's a HUGE abandoned hospital in Downey that could be refurbished for the homeless.. well, at least the crazy ones. Califailure just passed Prop One to fund $6Billion for homeless/mental health projects two days ago.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:23 pm
gremlin wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:44 pm
There's a HUGE abandoned hospital in Downey that could be refurbished for the homeless.. well, at least the crazy ones. Califailure just passed Prop One to fund $6Billion for homeless/mental health projects two days ago.

Have you considered asking for a transfer to Texas?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

The USA is following the ME trend, vote for the biggest baddest guy and he will look after you.
Democracy doesn't work well in the ME, nor it seems in the US of A.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!