"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Gassed up the ShitBoxHonda...

Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Resigned. Well, technically I did that yesterday, but today I'm telling people...
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I have taken prayers, done a Eucharist at the local school 475 attending, sorted quotes for an electrical board renewal (has asbestos in it), taken bed, table and chairs to someone who needs them, have two refugees from Iran/Persia cooking in my kitchen as they cannot cook in the hotel and this is their second meal together as husband and wife in this country, and they were so happy I added a bottle of wine for them to enjoy. About to have a meeting with Ministry Development person about someone in my congregation who wants to preach and possibly lead services. Then I'll cook something for the wife and have a glass of wine with her as well! Enough for the day I think.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:54 pm Today I have taken prayers, done a Eucharist at the local school 475 attending, sorted quotes for an electrical board renewal (has asbestos in it), taken bed, table and chairs to someone who needs them, have two refugees from Iran/Persia cooking in my kitchen as they cannot cook in the hotel and this is their second meal together as husband and wife in this country, and they were so happy I added a bottle of wine for them to enjoy. About to have a meeting with Ministry Development person about someone in my congregation who wants to preach and possibly lead services. Then I'll cook something for the wife and have a glass of wine with her as well! Enough for the day I think.
Folk may disagree with your faith, but they can't deny your humanity and kindness :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I've already had 3 naps today & it's only 11am :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I could have gone riding today, it was dry & somewhat overcast, there was a decent band playing at the Sagebrush... but for some reason I just couldn't be arsed. I could have even jumped on the ZX11 & hooned over to Palm Springs to see a gal I used to fool around with back in the UK who is wanting to meet up before she goes home next Saturday night. I need to get my fucking ass in gear this week to clean & pre-flight the ZRX11.
Skub

Post by Skub »

First grass cut of the year. It was easier than I expected,a week of dry sunny weather certainly helped.

It's a pity the roads are salted every night,that spoiled any bike action.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Skub wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:41 pm First grass cut of the year.
Me too, the garden was looking shite so I’ve done the lot, very small garden so only took an hour or so, mowed, went a bit biblical on all the dead stuff, looks a lot better for it too.

Weather was ok so did a quick 65 miles on the bike, then cleaned it. I must like this bike as it’s the second clean it’s had in 2 months!!

Now sat, chilling, looking forward to nights!!

Mick
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took the wife birthday prezzie shopping and for a light lunch. She is a, deservedly, very happy Lady now and I am awash with bonus points! :thumbup:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Two dog walks today, in heavy winds as well! The little pooch was loving it, the mad thing! Took a school assembly this afternoon on the topic of "IT's not FAIR!" talking about how to treat other with respect regardless of origins etc... had a good time there.

Took car to be valeted, cleaned inside and out, so now it has a reduced doggy smell in it! That helps with my 5 hours of driving tomorrow up to Harrogate from Kent. I've packed extra rations and will hopefully survive my two nights there.

Going to head over to collect my wife from the station later this evening and then soup for dinner! Need to buy more wine, we have run out! (Well, I have four bottles of really good wine, but not compatible for having with soup!)

Been "ticketing" cars that have been parking in our private church car park, seven cars taking up the 10 spaces available. Ah well....
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Bin yompin'. Parked up at about 9.30am in a village over the hill. Wife says 'It looks like Land Rover dealer's forecourt!'. Either we've found where all the stolen ones go or the yummy mummies had dumped their precious cargoes at the playschool next to the car park and legged it to the café for a kaffeeklattsch. (They'd all gone when we got back).

This was just part of the car park. It was like, Disco, Disco, Disco, (Audi!), Range Rover, Disco....the rest of the car park was the same.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Had a random call in the office at about 7.20 this morning for a transfer to the valley to get a train. We had no drivers available or anyone to cover the office, so I gave him some other numbers.

He called abck half an hour later to ask for a transfer to the train station in Chambery as no one had been able to do the transfer to the valley and now it was too late for that train!!

By that time I'd had a message from the boss so knew he was around - I ended up driving a girl to Chambery train station. Only cos her dad was supposed to drive her to the valley to get the train but we had about 10cm of snow overnight and it was still snowing - he didn't have chains (we've not had snow proper for a few weeks!!). Small bonus for us then :D :D

Also - finally got the code from NS&I and got into my account (eventually!!) - sadly, I've not won any money :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Put a new chain on my chainsaw and fired it up. I've had the chain for ages but never got round to fitting it and today I got pissed off with stepping round the chainsaw.

It was all good so butchered one of the lumps of tree trunk that I've got sitting in my garden. Gotta love the big boys toy. :D
David

Post by David »

Yambo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:31 pm Put a new chain on my chainsaw and fired it up. I've had the chain for ages but never got round to fitting it and today I got pissed off with stepping round the chainsaw.

It was all good so butchered one of the lumps of tree trunk that I've got sitting in my garden. Gotta love the big boys toy. :D
I still have three chainsaws (one and a half work), and spare chains, but no real need for them . I miss that.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Went for a chilly and windy ride today.

Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

WTF is stuck in the end of that exhaust?
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

It's had an unholy clandestine union with a two-stroke.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Drove down the hill to Pasadena & back again.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:51 pm WTF is stuck in the end of that exhaust?
It's a hybrid between Mr Honda and Mr Givi.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!