What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
asmethurst99

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by asmethurst99 »

Started the CBR after 2 months of being parked up and went down the a12 for half an hour - forgot to turn the fuel on and thought I’d have to call breakdown for the first time in years but remembered at the last minute.
No dramas.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I'm still buzzing after the awesome day. Apart from the Candid Camera episode, we rode 6 hours today.
Can't ever remember riding that long. Having so much fun, I wasn't tired at all.
Taking the dirt right to the house, whereas usually take tarmac last mile coz tired.

We only do that southern route a couple of times a year, but we found a couple of new climbs.

I'm absolutely buzzing. Even having a night off the dry month.

Sometimes life is amazing.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Just got home from seeing Martin Kemp DJ'ing an 80's night. Quite tragic really :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Woke up feeling rough so went back to bed. Got up a little while ago and my son informed me I have 2 sausage and egg McMuffins heading my way! :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:40 am Woke up feeling rough so went back to bed. Got up a little while ago and my son informed me I have 2 sausage and egg McMuffins heading my way! :thumbup:
How do you keep so slim and sylph-like ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:46 am
Taipan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:40 am Woke up feeling rough so went back to bed. Got up a little while ago and my son informed me I have 2 sausage and egg McMuffins heading my way! :thumbup:
How do you keep so slim and sylph-like ?
lol, it’s the only fast food I really eat, well the occasional kebab as well. I don’t like McDonald’s burgers, or anyone else’s,, but their sossie egg McMuffins are lush!
:thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

This little bastard caused a small panic yesterday late evening. But me and the boss were both extra happy it wasn’t pretty much any other time of the day!!!

I was close enough to the workshop to drive there before the tyre went proper flat and he was close enough to come and sort stuff out and we both had time to get to the last pick up of the day

Still, not ideal on a day that saw me take 8+ hours to get from Lyon airport to Les Menuires!!! Including three hours to do approx 2km in Albertville :roll: :roll: :roll:

If I wasn’t so kind I’d pull a sickie on three Saturdays in the season, but I couldn’t do that to everyone else!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Been putting my Darwin award entry in early aka hedge trimming!
House side, the hedge is 8' or so, field side its 10-12' and it's about 6' deep.
Only way you can do it all is lean a ladder against the hedge, clamber up holding the trimmer in 1 hand whilst it's running and then go for it.
Then you get that sinking feeling as the ladder finds it way through the hedge due to the vibrations and wiggling, and the trimmer head is either stuck on a branch or coming right at you!
If this had been the FUF, there'd be missing digits!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:19 pm Been putting my Darwin award entry in early aka hedge trimming!
House side, the hedge is 8' or so, field side its 10-12' and it's about 6' deep.
Only way you can do it all is lean a ladder against the hedge, clamber up holding the trimmer in 1 hand whilst it's running and then go for it.
Then you get that sinking feeling as the ladder finds it way through the hedge due to the vibrations and wiggling, and the trimmer head is either stuck on a branch or coming right at you!
If this had been the FUF, there'd be missing digits!
At the previous house I had a similar problem so I fastened a decent sized board to a ladder...that stopped it disappearing into the hedge. (When I got some blokes to do it one of them stood on the back of their van with the trimmer (sort of flat-back with little walls around - can't think of the right term) while the other drove slowly along the road/verge. A bit Heath Robinson but it worked a treat to do the top. :thumbup: )
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Plank sounds like it could be the answer.
Usually cut it a bit later when there's a bit of foliage which binds it together better.
Perhaps a word with the local fauchage and a deft €20 may help!
As you can see, can't drive around the outside!
IMG_20240218_182209.jpg
IMG_20240218_182209.jpg (114.94 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:25 pm Plank sounds like it could be the answer.
It was actually a rectangular board about 3ft by 2ft. It was permanently attached to a ladder that was the right length but you could screw four hooks on so it slots onto the rungs at the right height. Worked a treat. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Two services and then out to take a mini fridge to a parishioner whose husband walked on her and his two children, taking all the furniture and TV's. She is sleeping with the children on their bed (a bunk). Sorting out a bed, sofa, chairs and food! Walked the dog, did more than I expected and feel good. Home for a good dinner and a nice glass of Porter. Burp. Now going to sort some small stuff for tomorrow and get ready to sleep! Long day and much more to do this week coming.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

the_priest wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:09 pm Two services and then out to take a mini fridge to a parishioner whose husband walked on her and his two children, taking all the furniture and TV's. She is sleeping with the children on their bed (a bunk). Sorting out a bed, sofa, chairs and food! Walked the dog, did more than I expected and feel good. Home for a good dinner and a nice glass of Porter. Burp. Now going to sort some small stuff for tomorrow and get ready to sleep! Long day and much more to do this week coming.
Have a well earned rest and know that you're making a difference :obscene-drinkingcheers:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Taken my son to school where he is starting life out at Teaching Assistant! He is so excited/nervous and looking forward to the experience.

Sorting out furniture for my parishioner, we have, since me email of last night, had a fabulous response and just need a bed now, but FB marketplace will certainly come up trumps on that.

Out for a meeting with the Archdeacon and another priest, so that we can look at ministry in our newly developing housing area in Ebbsfleet. There is much to be done for that area.

Have a good day all, enjoy what is good in life and seek to put right what you can to the good of others.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Went to see my f-I-la latest leccy bike purchase. Tiny little thing so he’s making the seat higher. I’ll grab a go on it at some point as I could see these being easy to store in my camper. I can just see the wife and I whizzing round on a couple of these!

https://uk.fiido.com/products/fiido-q2- ... ic-scooter

This looks like a different version of the same bike, iyswim?

Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I've just got 2 × Ado a20+ electric folding bike's. Mainly for those romantic weekend breaks with mrs Dodgy. Throttle sent separately in the post. 🤫
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Dodgy69 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:12 pm I've just got 2 × Ado a20+ electric folding bike's. Mainly for those romantic weekend breaks with mrs Dodgy. Throttle sent separately in the post. 🤫
Dependant on if she's all caught up with her pink jobs around the house of course. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Drove down the coast a bit with Mrs CJ. Got out and wandered around the harbour for a bit, had lunch in a pub by the harbour, called surprisingly 'The Harbour Inn'. Then drove home. A lazy day, and rather enjoyable.
This is the coast just along from the harbour.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:17 am Went to see my f-I-la latest leccy bike purchase. Tiny little thing so he’s making the seat higher. I’ll grab a go on it at some point as I could see these being easy to store in my camper. I can just see the wife and I whizzing round on a couple of these!

https://uk.fiido.com/products/fiido-q2- ... ic-scooter

This looks like a different version of the same bike, iyswim?

I'd get something with pedals if I was you. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Dodgy69 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:12 pm I've just got 2 × Ado a20+ electric folding bike's. Mainly for those romantic weekend breaks with mrs Dodgy. Throttle sent separately in the post. 🤫
That’s what I’ve got at the moment! The wife has tidied the charger away though, so haven’t used it more than a couple of times:
:hmmm: