What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

I stripped and rebuilt my trusty old bench grinder. The motor housing had come apart from the mounting frame slightly.
Easy for some folk but a challenge for me.
Had to strip it right down.

First rebuild was solid and no turn at all.
I took more care but still a bit tight.
Third I greased the bearing housings and tightened each of the 4 clamping screws a bit at a time.

Wowsers, as good as new. Very little vibration.
Double wowsers that I stayed calm all way through and just got on with it.

Fuck you Mr anxiety :obscene-birdiedoublered:
20240215_174144.jpg
20240215_174144.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 279 times
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Delivered a best man speech to an adoring crowd.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Was it a wedding, or did the urge just strike in Wetherspoons this morning?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Both, 'spoons weddings are all the rage.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Up late at 7.30. Breakfast, coffee and relaxed. Popped out to do some shopping as we had a guest coming. Guest arrived with her mental border collie. Had a good long walk and then back home for a light lunch. Spent the afternoon chatting and catching up. Then cooked tuna pasta bake for dinner, which is lovely comfort food! She then went on to do agility training with her hound. Wife and I tried a Jack Daniels (or rather I did and uuurrgghhhh). Saved her from drinking it. Back to single malt. I'll give this bottle to my brother... Then played with the dog for a bit, fed the poor starving cat and now about to go to bed!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Visited the vampires at the Stab Lab for the pump mechanic & then over to the xray dept to get radiated. Ortho ordered images of the right hand to "see what the bones in there are doing"...
Next up is ultrasound of the pump to see whats going in there.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Recorded my first drill rap. :D

Gremlinette got a letter through demanding £2.50 for using the Dartford Crossing. I penned a lyrical masterpiece of South London drill set to a YouTube drill beat satirising her predicament. It made her laugh.

Do they let you know if you've won an Ivor Novello prize beforehand so that you can write an acceptance speech?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Worked a grim night shift, someone got hit by a train and killed this morning so it was power off on the Brighton Main line (all 4 tracks) from Gatwick to Balcombe for 2 hours whilst they sorted it out. Poor driver was very shook up. It was very busy for a good 30 minutes whilst we setup the “Emergency Switch Off” and then once we had a better idea of location and response staff arrived on the scene we were able to get power back on to the trains at Gatwick and shorten the switched off bit.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Introduced some French friends to my Cornish friends traditional and cheese and onion pastys :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

They liked them very much so that’s pretty awesome for her!! (Also told them where her shop is and shared the Instagram page :angelic-green: )

:bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:03 am Worked a grim night shift, someone got hit by a train and killed this morning so it was power off on the Brighton Main line (all 4 tracks) from Gatwick to Balcombe for 2 hours whilst they sorted it out. Poor driver was very shook up. It was very busy for a good 30 minutes whilst we setup the “Emergency Switch Off” and then once we had a better idea of location and response staff arrived on the scene we were able to get power back on to the trains at Gatwick and shorten the switched off bit.
Just seen that on BBC news :(
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:03 am Worked a grim night shift, someone got hit by a train and killed this morning so it was power off on the Brighton Main line (all 4 tracks) from Gatwick to Balcombe for 2 hours whilst they sorted it out. Poor driver was very shook up. It was very busy for a good 30 minutes whilst we setup the “Emergency Switch Off” and then once we had a better idea of location and response staff arrived on the scene we were able to get power back on to the trains at Gatwick and shorten the switched off bit.
From my Tube driving days there were some proper nasty suicides, some drivers never seemed to mind, some you never saw again. I knew one bloke that had totted up five!!
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

The route I work for has several 'hot spots' - go through phases where we may have a couple each week. Affects a broad range of folk....
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I got a breakfast from the "Too good to go" app. It was from the local Toby Carvery. What a waste of time. Basically a cold breakfast with one rubbery egg and 2 cheap, tasteless saussges. The dogs enjoyed it though...
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Got lowballed by the insurance company of the guy who ran into me last weekend so threatened them with a claims handler if they didn't improve their offer :roll:
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:43 am I got a breakfast from the "Too good to go" app. It was from the local Toby Carvery. What a waste of time. Basically a cold breakfast with one rubbery egg and 2 cheap, tasteless saussges. The dogs enjoyed it though...
I find 2g2g really good, but I'd never in a million years use it for Toby Carvery. TC is gonna be shite at the best of times; the stuff they didn't sell which is still knocking around at the end of the day after being under a heat lamp for 3 hours? No thanks :lol:

Pret is the one to go for :thumbup: Well actually Brew Dog is the one to go for, but that only comes up once in a blue moon.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:56 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:43 am I got a breakfast from the "Too good to go" app. It was from the local Toby Carvery. What a waste of time. Basically a cold breakfast with one rubbery egg and 2 cheap, tasteless saussges. The dogs enjoyed it though...
I find 2g2g really good, but I'd never in a million years use it for Toby Carvery. TC is gonna be shite at the best of times; the stuff they didn't sell which is still knocking around at the end of the day after being under a heat lamp for 3 hours? No thanks :lol:

Pret is the one to go for :thumbup: Well actually Brew Dog is the one to go for, but that only comes up once in a blue moon.
It was against my better judgment, but it was recommended to me. Never again. My Son gets the starbucks one a couple of times a week. Gets a few cakes and sandwiches and it looks really good value. I did order the M&S at the local BP garage, which is supposed to be very good, but the bastards cancelled it?!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Cancelling it just means they've got nothing left over to sell...which is the desired outcome. It's supposed to be reducing waste.

The churros stand in the shopping centre here is dead good too. Its the raw dough that runs out of time, not the finished product. When you buy them they still fry them to order, so it's like any other time. Just costs 1/5th of the amount :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Curious, I downloaded the app.

My girst impressions are not great. 'Surprise bags' from Budgen, One Stop and Nisa. I dread to think of the contents.

Tomorrow I can put in a bid for leftovers from Harvester, Toby and Greg's.

There's one app ripe for deletion. :lol:
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Finally uploaded my new Dubstep/Grime mix.

and Yes that is a 17/18 year old me in the picture... :wtf:

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

gremlin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:14 pm
Trinity765 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:22 pm Took my bike for it's first service
My Tiger Rally Pro is in today for a service and first MOT. I didn't buy a t-shirt.

They did lend me a 660 Tiger though. Not my cup of tea. :thumbdown:

Bit basic and gutless. Felt a bit cheap as well.
I'm now £575 lighter. :shock: