General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I didn't even know Costco had Rugby.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took the step f-I-l to have his cataract done. On the way home, I really messed with his head by keep turning the heated screen on and off, which makes the screen blurry/fuzzy to look through.i was near wetting myself at his comments of its going funny, I might need to go back, no it’s alright now. :lol: I had to tell him in the end before I crashed as I was laughing so much. Him, less so… :? :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Don’t wanna worry anyone but just wanted to let everyone know that I have been admitted into hospital and they are keeping me in. I have only gone and poisoned myself. What I thought was an onion turned out to be a daffodil bulb. They said I should be out sometime in the spring…
Skub

Post by Skub »

Taipan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:41 pm Don’t wanna worry anyone but just wanted to let everyone know that I have been admitted into hospital and they are keeping me in. I have only gone and poisoned myself. What I thought was an onion turned out to be a daffodil bulb. They said I should be out sometime in the spring…
Didja get yer Tulips around it?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:41 pm Don’t wanna worry anyone but just wanted to let everyone know that I have been admitted into hospital and they are keeping me in. I have only gone and poisoned myself. What I thought was an onion turned out to be a daffodil bulb. They said I should be out sometime in the spring…
For a moment I though your f-i-l had wreaked his revenge. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

Taipan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:39 pm Took the step f-I-l to have his cataract done. On the way home, I really messed with his head by keep turning the heated screen on and off, which makes the screen blurry/fuzzy to look through.i was near wetting myself at his comments of its going funny, I might need to go back, no it’s alright now. :lol: I had to tell him in the end before I crashed as I was laughing so much. Him, less so… :? :D

There was someone on TRC who used to turn the heated seats to full when his wife was asleep and turn them off before she woke up.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Today I have decided I am not hunting the great white squirell and ordered more appropriate traps after the traps I have had been licked clean for the third time.

Well maybe mr squirell has watched the original Mission Impossible and has gone all Tom Cruise on me, but my money is on one of his smaller relatives.
katana

Post by katana »

Rat or little jerry
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

katana wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:35 pm Rat or little jerry
Probs, but 6 little nippers will be on my doorstep tomorrow....
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:25 pm Today I have decided I am not hunting the great white squirell and ordered more appropriate traps after the traps I have had been licked clean for the third time.

Well maybe mr squirell has watched the original Mission Impossible and has gone all Tom Cruise on me, but my money is on one of his smaller relatives.
You're going to need a bigger boat.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Did not a lot. Got up late, Watched Glasgow Celtic struggle to get a draw (Pathetic) Went to B&Q for doors for my bus kitchen units and some nice trim to hide my shit sawing straight lined. Probably fit them tomorrow and fathom what part of my air suspension is leaking.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:39 pm Took the step f-I-l to have his cataract done. On the way home, I really messed with his head by keep turning the heated screen on and off, which makes the screen blurry/fuzzy to look through.i was near wetting myself at his comments of its going funny, I might need to go back, no it’s alright now. :lol: I had to tell him in the end before I crashed as I was laughing so much. Him, less so… :? :D
Years ago my mum got me a sleeveless fleece for Christmas. Later in the January when i visited she asked did the fleece fit ok as i still have the recipe. "Yes mum and it was perfect in the arms" she said "Oh thats good as you are such an awkward size to buy for " :lol:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Taipan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:39 pm turning the heated screen on and off, which makes the screen blurry/fuzzy to look through
Wait, what, how, that's not normal :?: :?: :?:
I really don't like heated screens, as once you've seen the wires you can't unsee them, but going fuzzy because you turn them on is a new one on me.
katana

Post by katana »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:07 am
Taipan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:39 pm turning the heated screen on and off, which makes the screen blurry/fuzzy to look through
I really don't like heated screens, as once you've seen the wires you can't unsee them, but going fuzzy because you turn them on is a new one on me.
Only having had a heated front screen in a MK3 mondeo and x type jag and the rear screen on a 60's-70s fulvia never seem this
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Don't like them at all. Wife had a company Ford 'Somethingbiggish' Ghia* for a short while. As well as that ^^^ I thought you got more flare in the screen when night driving. Never noticed any change when it was switched on though.

*Can't remember which model but they'd chucked all the extras at it. It was a forgettable barge.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Re: heated windscreen.

Loads of people know the McLaren F1 has carbon construction, gold lined engine bay etc., its less common knowledge its got heated glass throughout to save the weight of demister blowers. Not the kind with tiny wires though, its got metallised glass which heats evenly all over :thumbup:

You just need that.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

My wife’s car is the same and my old Kuga did it too. It’s a known thing. I only put mine on to clear ice as I. Couldn’t drive with it on because of it. I don’t see the elements either, If I have my bifocals on I can’t help noticing them and they irritate me!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I've had a few cars with the "loads of tiny wires" heated front screen, I never noticed any distortion. Googling it though, seems like it's "a thing".

Tres bizarre!

I can only imagine its tiny distortions in the glass caused by small variations in temperature?
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Leave me Ginger, tell Emily she has my blessing to marry Algernon, I'm a goner, done for!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Made three different flavours of amaro with my Christmas pressie from the Gremlinette, a make-it-yourself infusion kit. Sacrificed a bottle of vodka and a bottle of bourbon for the cause.

They have to infuse for two weeks or so, but I have high hopes that in 12 months I will be the owner of the UKs only amaro distillery. :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!