What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Visited my Z1 & KZ1000...That's just dirt on the frame tubes, not rust.

Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Spent the afternoon on french D roads because the French farmers decided to block the A20 in various places which was a tad inconvenient.

All because they are generally unhappy with their lot.

Anyway vive la resistance🇫🇷

I showed my solidarity by resting a fabulous french faux filet prepared by the missus for my buffday tea👴
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Tonight I'm off to see W1P again who I consider to be better than the genuine Pink Floyd based on the fact that the bass player can actually sing, unlike that miserable twat Waters who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
Felix

Post by Felix »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:02 pm Tonight I'm off to see W1P again who I consider to be better than the genuine Pink Floyd based on the fact that the bass player can actually sing, unlike that miserable twat Waters who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
Not being able to carry a tune made him a lot of money (Y) I was looking to see the Australian Pink Floyd as they are meant to rock. They came to Edinburgh but i thought it was the real thing looking at the ticket price.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Felix wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:41 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:02 pm Tonight I'm off to see W1P again who I consider to be better than the genuine Pink Floyd based on the fact that the bass player can actually sing, unlike that miserable twat Waters who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
Not being able to carry a tune made him a lot of money (Y) I was looking to see the Australian Pink Floyd as they are meant to rock. They came to Edinburgh but i thought it was the real thing looking at the ticket price.
I suspect that ZRX61's down on Roger Waters is due to his anti-Trump politics and has nothing to do with his singing ability (or lack of)...

But I have to concede that he's a bit of a miserable twat.

And Aussie PF are starting to price themselves out of the market.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Waters now as a singer i would agree with ZRX91. Gilmore also as nether are that good and clinging onto the past. I would pay to watch neither singing.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:10 am I suspect that ZRX61's down on Roger Waters is due to his anti-Trump politics and has nothing to do with his singing ability (or lack of)...
You'd be wrong.

Anywho, we got stuff from Animals, Ummagumma, WYWH, DSOTM, The Wall & Atom Heart Mother. They're coming back in July to do The Wall in it's entirety. They usually follow that up with a bunch DSOTM.
Surprise tonight was they now have some kid on sax who looked about 15 & he fucking nailed it. (used to be sax effect on keyboards) The former guitarist/vocalist also showed up & joined them for Run Like Hell. There were 12 band members on stage at one point.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Felix wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:41 pm Not being able to carry a tune made him a lot of money (Y) I was looking to see the Australian Pink Floyd as they are meant to rock. They came to Edinburgh but i thought it was the real thing looking at the ticket price.
Tickets for seats tonight were $28 & $38... plus added fees & assorted bullshit which brings the $38 tickets to $64... Except I have a mate who does promo for the place & gives me free tickets. We were sat about 8ft in front of the left stack.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Well yesterday....

Spur of the moment London trip to see a show - Enfield Haunting starring Catherine Tate, not very good considering price of seats and talking of seats, the least legroom ever (Ambassador Theatre) . Then went to some Korean place for grub where they serve ypu raw meat and you cook yourself at the table.
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

v8-powered wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:19 am Then went to some Korean place for grub where they serve ypu raw meat and you cook yourself at the table.
Ain't that a bitch ? 😉
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Managed to get about 5 hours kip, now up & getting ready to hit the canyons. ZX11 today.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

13 hours at work!! (Well, 12 that'll be paid!! :lol: ) That's on top of the 17 (or 16 for the accountant!) yesterday!! So I've text the boss and said that I'll be starting at 8am tomorrow, not 7am!! :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell - if this is what January is like, then I might have to book holiday for February :shock: :shock:

The farmers were a part of the cause of the almost 6 hour transfer yesterday (should have been a bit under 3 :roll: :roll:) - but it mostly due to someone managing to crash on the motorway and the police not blocking the back roads to tourists until it was too late. Although they had probably been distracted during the day! I mostly agree with the farmers, so not complaining as it really wouldn't have been too bad without the accident on the motorway :(

Today should have been simpler, and mostly was! GVA (well, the tour op) was a shit show as usual but the same tour op's hotel has a great guy in charge of the logistics of getting the tourists into the right transport. He's great. Was a bit odd this morning when I turned up this morning at 6am and he greeted me with "hello my lady" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm guessing that the original language comment would sound better :lol: :lol: (not sure but I don't think he's french!) - but the absolute best?? He went and got me a coffee to take with me to the airport (didn't last that long!!) :wub: :wub: :wub: Freaking awesome :wub: :wub: :wub:

Now catching up on some of the calories I have missed out on for the last two days, and the water (I don't drink anywhere near enough on weekends as pee stops are way more difficult when you are a girl :( :( - definitely coming back as a man! :angelic-green: ) and then go crash out!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Watched the sunrise over Wiltshire.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.15.30 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 8.15.30 AM.jpg (421.31 KiB) Viewed 435 times
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:02 pm I don't drink anywhere near enough on weekends as pee stops are way more difficult when you are a girl :( :( - definitely coming back as a man! :angelic-green: ) and then go crash out!! LOL
This made me chuckle.

Yesterday I was pissing for England. Been told to drink plenty of water, which I do anyway, but even so, I reckon every 15 mins, with no warning whatsoever. I was told to expect this post op, but even so...

Plus the colour varies from a young pinot noir to a cheap bottle of Aldi Sauv Blush. And it's bloody agony as well. Particularly when strange looking objects get passed :sick: . Assume these are clots, else this could be my last post. :lol:

So if I were you, I'd be careful what I wished for, as these pesky prostates are a world of pissing problems. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Horse

Post by Horse »

gremlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:47 am
So if I were you, I'd be careful what I wished for, as these pesky prostates are a world of pissing problems. :lol:
Met up with an acquaintance, not seen him for 20 years.

After investigation for prostate problems he was found to have a nasty tumour in his bladder and a growth on one kidney.

The other kidney, with plumbing created from a bit of bowel, now drips into a bag.

He says that, in comparison to:
- peeing every few minutes
- being dead
It's much the best option.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I've been told there are a number of post-op risks, namely:

Being permanently incontinent. Given I can still control my bladder, I reckon I've dodged that bullet.

Being permanently impotent, I.e., erectile dysfunction. Well I woke up with morning glory the last few days, albeit with a groan of agony, so ditto that one.

Permanent retrograde ejaculation, I.e., I'll spaff into my bladder for the rest of my life. Not even entering my mind to burp the worm at the moment to cross that one off the list, so I'll get back to you. :lol:
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

Sounds like your still holding your own though Gremmers 👍
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Treadeager wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:41 pm Sounds like your still holding your own though Gremmers 👍
There's nobody there that will touch it.
Skub

Post by Skub »

gremlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:32 am I've been told there are a number of post-op risks, namely:

Being permanently incontinent. Given I can still control my bladder, I reckon I've dodged that bullet.

Being permanently impotent, I.e., erectile dysfunction. Well I woke up with morning glory the last few days, albeit with a groan of agony, so ditto that one.

Permanent retrograde ejaculation, I.e., I'll spaff into my bladder for the rest of my life. Not even entering my mind to burp the worm at the moment to cross that one off the list, so I'll get back to you. :lol:
Get well soon man. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

gremlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:32 am I've been told there are a number of post-op risks, namely:

Rethink on point no.1 - thought I'd take the hound on a quick walk. No more than 30 mins. Literally 5 mins from home I start to piss myself. Nothing else for it, had to stand there and piss in a hedge on a busy residential street. :(

FFS.... :thumbdown: