This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Nordboy

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Nordboy »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:57 pm
Nordboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:06 am They're both too old. US politics is currently a fast race to the bottom of the barrel. An old bloke v an old criminal and serial liar. The US is apparently a superpower but that's the best candidates they can come up with. Outstanding!!
I'll take the old bloke who does mean tweets over the criminal & serial liar Biden

Oh dear!!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Nordboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:04 pm Oh dear!!
The Biden regime has increased the costs of feeding/clothing etc the average family by $7,000 a year. That's a direct result of blithering fucking idiots voting for a senile cunt who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

If I was a Yank i'd vote trump over Biden every time!
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:44 pm If I was a Yank i'd vote trump over Biden every time!
If I was American I think I would be too horrified over the decline of US politics to even consider voting.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If I was a Yank I'd definitely eat better Mexican food than a I do right now.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

If I was a septic I'd talk at least 50db louder in public places.
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:16 pm
Nordboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:04 pm Oh dear!!
The Biden regime has increased the costs of feeding/clothing etc the average family by $7,000 a year. That's a direct result of blithering fucking idiots voting for a senile cunt who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Yet Trump added $7.8 trillion to the US national debt? The highest ever debt. He ran the US just like he runs his businesses.....into the ground by borrowing (illegally in the case of his businesses) $$$$$$.

Like I said, it's a race to the bottom for the whole of US politics.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:57 pm
Nordboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:06 am They're both too old. US politics is currently a fast race to the bottom of the barrel. An old bloke v an old criminal and serial liar. The US is apparently a superpower but that's the best candidates they can come up with. Outstanding!!
I'll take the old bloke who does mean tweets over the criminal & serial liar Biden
Hush dear, you don't get a vote.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:44 pm If I was a Yank i'd vote trump over Biden every time!
Yebbut, you think that Reform UK are a valid political party. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:39 pm
Yebbut, you think that Reform UK are a valid political party. :lol:
I do indeed. The other two never get it right and no one else is in the running, so may as well give them a shot.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Nordboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:37 pm Yet Trump added $7.8 trillion to the US national debt? The highest ever debt. He ran the US just like he runs his businesses.....into the ground by borrowing (illegally in the case of his businesses) $$$$$$.

Like I said, it's a race to the bottom for the whole of US politics.
Congress controls the purse strings.. Democrats ran Congress under Trump.. GOP managed to reign in Democrats under Trump as they wanted to raise the debt by $3Trillion more.

What loans did he get illegally for his businesses? He borrowed from banks based on the stated value of his properties.. with a clause that clearly told the banks to do their own due diligence & verify the value of properties (which they didn't do) & then he paid the loans back. Where's the crime?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:58 pm I do indeed. The other two never get it right and no one else is in the running, so may as well give them a shot.
I'm not sure "What's the worst that could happen?" is a policy I'd adopt when considering running a country :D
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:05 pm He borrowed from banks based on the stated value of his properties.. with a clause that clearly told the banks to do their own due diligence & verify the value of properties (which they didn't do)
"Here's a contract, but I might be lying. Who knows, I'm a right cheeky sort. You should probably check." :D

I don't think that stacks up as a legal defence.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:52 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:58 pm I do indeed. The other two never get it right and no one else is in the running, so may as well give them a shot.
I'm not sure "What's the worst that could happen?" is a policy I'd adopt when considering running a country :D
Around 14.4 million people were living in poverty in 2021/2022, according to the government's annual 'households below average income report. Of that were 4.2 million children. We have people eating food from food banks ffs. I think the worse has already happened! I cannot with all conscience, follow the rest of the sheep and vote for either of the two main parties and their lies and unfulfilled manifesto promises.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:57 pm "Here's a contract, but I might be lying. Who knows, I'm a right cheeky sort. You should probably check." :D

You don't need a legal defense when no crime has been committed. He borrowed money, he paid it back, the banks never complained.

In other news. It's just come out that the Biden Feds required banks to flag accounts where Trump or MAGA had been mentioned in spending. Clear violation of the 4th Amendment
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Update: Also shopping at Bass Pro or buying bibles...
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:08 pmAround 14.4 million people were living in poverty in 2021/2022, according to the government's annual 'households below average income report. Of that were 4.2 million children. We have people eating food from food banks ffs. I think the worse has already happened! I cannot with all conscience, follow the rest of the sheep and vote for either of the two main parties and their lies and unfulfilled manifesto promises.
Poverty is (broadly) defined as below a certain percentage of average income so using that definition you'll never abolish poverty. If you could make all the rich people leave the country, the average income would go down and you'd reduce the number of people "living in poverty". The people you'd taken out of "poverty" would still be just as poor but the numbers would look better. I know Jesus said "The poor are always with us" but I don't think that's what he meant.

And food banks are a good thing. They fill a hole left by sluggish government welfare systems.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:04 am
Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:08 pmAround 14.4 million people were living in poverty in 2021/2022, according to the government's annual 'households below average income report. Of that were 4.2 million children. We have people eating food from food banks ffs. I think the worse has already happened! I cannot with all conscience, follow the rest of the sheep and vote for either of the two main parties and their lies and unfulfilled manifesto promises.
Poverty is (broadly) defined as below a certain percentage of average income so using that definition you'll never abolish poverty. If you could make all the rich people leave the country, the average income would go down and you'd reduce the number of people "living in poverty". The people you'd taken out of "poverty" would still be just as poor but the numbers would look better. I know Jesus said "The poor are always with us" but I don't think that's what he meant.

And food banks are a good thing. They fill a hole left by sluggish government welfare systems.
To each their own, but I feel a great sense of shame that we have people queuing at food banks, especially given we're the 6th biggest economy in the world. I can't reconcile the two.

When I consider the prospects my kids face, compared to what I faced at their age, I feel disillusioned for them. The wealth divide is growing against them and it's much more difficult for them to do things like buy property and secure their future in the way we did.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:07 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:57 pm "Here's a contract, but I might be lying. Who knows, I'm a right cheeky sort. You should probably check." :D

You don't need a legal defense when no crime has been committed. He borrowed money, he paid it back, the banks never complained.
"you didn't check I wasn't lying" isn't a legal defence. It'd be daft if it was, you'd be able to get away with all sorts of crimes if it were.

Similarly "no harm, no foul" also isn't a defence. Again, if you could use that argument you could say that any crime is legal so long as nobody fell foul of it. That's why we have crimes like "attemped..." and "conspiracy to....".

Falsifying financial info, lying about money etc. is a crime, even if you didn't get caught at the time and it all comes good in the end.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:37 pm "you didn't check I wasn't lying" isn't a legal defence. It'd be daft if it was, you'd be able to get away with all sorts of crimes if it were.

Similarly "no harm, no foul" also isn't a defence. Again, if you could use that argument you could say that any crime is legal so long as nobody fell foul of it. That's why we have crimes like "attemped..." and "conspiracy to....".

Falsifying financial info, lying about money etc. is a crime, even if you didn't get caught at the time and it all comes good in the end.
You're missing the part about it only being a crime because some Government wallah decided the properties weren't worth what the contracts stated. Some of the properties were under-valued by the Govt wallah by hundreds of millions.