This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

irie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:19 pm You mean like Saint John F Kennedy was? ;)
His older brother, who was the one being groomed for President, was killed when the (about to be!) unmanned aerial bomb he was flying blew up. Thus clearing the way for JFK to become the chosen child who went onto to be a famously liberal Democrat President.

Which sounds fucking made up, but isn't :D
irie

Post by irie »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:33 pm
His older brother, who was the one being groomed for President, was killed when the (about to be!) unmanned aerial bomb he was flying blew up. Thus clearing the way for JFK to become the chosen child who went onto to be a famously liberal Democrat President.

I'm sure many people know the story of Joseph P Kennedy Jr.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

irie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:54 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:33 pm

I'm sure many people know the story of Joseph P Kennedy Jr.
I do now.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Great footage today of Biden showing up for an event. Starts with a smiling Joe almost jogging into the room, then the smile disappearing as he stumbles & realizes the *crowd* is maybe a dozen people.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

That 'almost jogging' thing is hilarious. Which PR idiot told him it made him look young and athletic?
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

It is hard to believe that they even get in the top million people that you would like to govern - let alone the final two

The people get the government they deserve
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:18 pm Great footage today of Biden showing up for an event. Starts with a smiling Joe almost jogging into the room, then the smile disappearing as he stumbles & realizes the *crowd* is maybe a dozen people.
I thought some of the clips of Biden were edited to make him look bad, but he really is bad. It’s almost pitiful that he is allowed to continue as Prez.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:13 pm I thought some of the clips of Biden were edited to make him look bad, but he really is bad. It’s almost pitiful that he is allowed to continue as Prez.
There are countless videos of him *getting lost* while attempting to leave the stage, or merely walk away from a podium after events etc. It's hilarious watching him trying the pronounce the names of dignitaries visiting the WH etc, especially ones from Asia or the Middle East. At one event he forgot the name of his Sec of Defense (who just went AWOL for a few days).
I think a case could be made to prosecute his missus for elder abuse.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:13 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:18 pm Great footage today of Biden showing up for an event. Starts with a smiling Joe almost jogging into the room, then the smile disappearing as he stumbles & realizes the *crowd* is maybe a dozen people.
I thought some of the clips of Biden were edited to make him look bad, but he really is bad. It’s almost pitiful that he is allowed to continue as Prez.
I find it odd that everyone latches on to the Biden being physically and mentally ill. How anyone can say that Trump looks healthier and speaks better than Biden is beyond me? Trump rambles and talks absolute bollocks 95% of the time, any clip you find me of Biden I can find you one of Trump that makes him look just as bad.

They're both too old. US politics is currently a fast race to the bottom of the barrel. An old bloke v an old criminal and serial liar. The US is apparently a superpower but that's the best candidates they can come up with. Outstanding!!
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:35 pm I really do not understand the US public. A choice between a rabid fantasist or a demented old idiot. Surely the US could find a couple of other billionaires to pretend to offer democracy?
I said that four years ago. And I said something similar eight years ago.

It's a shame they can't both lose.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Is Kanye West no longer in the running. He would of made a wicked president, he's loaded, totally mental and a complete narcissist, he fits the bill well!

And he's young, ish!
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

It is sad that the so called "Leader of the Free World" will have the choice of an old quasi dictator, who will once again usurp the democratic process, or a man who looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons - but with none of the talent
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:37 am It is sad that the so called "Leader of the Free World" will have the choice of an old quasi dictator, who will once again usurp the democratic process, or a man who looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons - but with none of the talent
It's a case of the lesser of two weevils eh? :)
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:54 am
Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:37 am It is sad that the so called "Leader of the Free World" will have the choice of an old quasi dictator, who will once again usurp the democratic process, or a man who looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons - but with none of the talent
It's a sad reflection of the quality of the talent pool. President Xi will be rubbing his hands in glee
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:27 pm
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:54 am
It's a sad reflection of the quality of the talent pool. President Xi will be rubbing his hands in glee
So will Vlad the Inhaler. :(
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yeahbutt, America did rather well under Trumps administration. Inflation and unemployment were down, international relations were up as he spoke to Putin and even went to North Korea and shook hands with Kimmy. He broke the news agencies with direct replies on twitter and avoided edited interviews and unleashed the fake news moniker. He is just selling America back to its patriots and for those reasons I think he'll storm it!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I think at best you'd say inflation stayed approximately the same under Trump (2017-2021).

Its true unemployment dropped under Trump, continuing a trend started by Obama but not as quickly. Same as inflation actually, down under Obama, down less quickly under Trump :lol:

Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:05 pm Yeahbutt, America did rather well under Trumps administration. Inflation and unemployment were down, international relations were up as he spoke to Putin and even went to North Korea and shook hands with Kimmy. He broke the news agencies with direct replies on twitter and avoided edited interviews and unleashed the fake news moniker. He is just selling America back to its patriots and for those reasons I think he'll storm it!
Probably to thank him and ask what he had to do next. :lol: (And ask him for THAT video tape!).

Speaking to the tubby Korean in the elevator shoes didn't do much good did it?
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Nordboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:06 am They're both too old. US politics is currently a fast race to the bottom of the barrel. An old bloke v an old criminal and serial liar. The US is apparently a superpower but that's the best candidates they can come up with. Outstanding!!
I'll take the old bloke who does mean tweets over the criminal & serial liar Biden